Home Forums Music MTV Vídeo Music Awards 2020 – Predictions (Part 2)

MTV Vídeo Music Awards 2020 – Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 481 through 494 (of 494 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
MoonEclipse00
gojoopedrocos..
CyberFunk
  • Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Keke is definitely a great addition

Profile picture
    MoonEclipse00
    Topics:

I’m sure he will do a performance of his song “Snack”

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    MoonEclipse00
    Topics:

I’m going to tell you something that I find funny. When I look for the nominees on YouTube in the parts of “Savage” the lyric video or the BET performance always appears. In other words, literally NOBODY is aware of the existence of the animated video.

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

I’m going to tell you something that I find funny. When I look for the nominees on YouTube in the parts of “Savage” the lyric video or the BET performance always appears. In other words, literally NOBODY is aware of the existence of the animated video.

There’s a music video? I thought it wasn’t released yet (or ever at this point)

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

Oh my god, I just found it, that is funny. Although it took actively searching through her page to find it, it doesn’t show up through the YouTube search bar when typing in “Savage Megan thee stallion Music video”

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    MoonEclipse00
    Topics:

I had seen him a couple of months ago. When I saw the nominees’ MTV Live Stream I instantly remembered it. It also appears on the voting page.

Link: https://youtu.be/lkQ6uHr0TQE

Profile picture
    MoonEclipse00
    Topics:

If Savage wins there will be a scandal over how a song “without” music video won a music video award

Profile picture
    Andresg770
    Topics:

If Savage wins there will be a scandal over how a song “without” music video won a music video award

It’s an interesting case because MTV arguably didn’t break any rules. My understanding is that any visual for a song is eligible as long as it aired on any MTV channels (and presumably MTV.com, if it still hosts music videos) during the eligibility period. So if they aired it, it was eligible.

That said, this WOULD be the first time that a video that isn’t considered “official” gets a nomination (though the description on Megan’s YT channel does call it the “official animated video”). So eligible or not, it shows that people in the committee vote for the artist and song more than the video.

(Also, I’m wondering if MTV changed the genre categories to be about songs when they dropped the word “Video” from all of them… And as usual, they didn’t bother informing the public.)

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Well it seems Barclays Center won’t host the show anymore, just outdoor spaces throughout the city.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/mtv-vmas-barclays-center-bow-out-outdoors-only-1234729340/amp/?__twitter_impression=

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Well it seems Barclays Center won’t host the show anymore, just outdoor spaces throughout the city.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/mtv-vmas-barclays-center-bow-out-outdoors-only-1234729340/amp/?__twitter_impression=

how long they will pretend the show wont be full virtual

Profile picture
    18robsont
    Topics:

so is the show is outisde i can honestly see that working just have put a stage outside for the artist 2 perfrom it will just be like the pre-show but just the actual show. Also will they just get seats outside for the artists 2 sit on but first if its different areas will their be different artists at different areas of the city so their will be less people in that area and OMG imagine if gaga and arinana were performing rain on me and it started raning omg i would die. But i have one question how is Keke Palmer meant 2 get two different areas at once if its in different parts of the city.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Being a New York City native, I can already see that this is going to have some involvement at Times Square. It kinda explains why there is the barrier things there lately too

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 14 posts - 481 through 494 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘MTV Vídeo Music Awards 2020 – Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.