Home Forums Music Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 362 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
13 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Os
OneAndOnly
  • Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

As of right now, 7 Rings will end up being a strong contender unless better material is released in the next three months.

Better material has already been released though… TUN is one of many examples!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

-Very interested to hear Justin and Ed’s New song,
    -ME! WILL/should BE Snubbed, looking forward to taylors second single
    -Dancing with a stranger rises back to its peak next week (without a performance or promo other than normani performing it on tour)
    -I think grande should submit Thank You, NEXT across the board..
    -Sucker is holding steady on the charts

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Tasiandee.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Tasiandee.
    ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

7R is just not Grammy friendly AT ALL. I don’t see the point of her team even submitting that to any category.

Voters would probably have more respect for TU,U because of its lyrical content. And it was also a huge hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam Smith has a uptempo single produced by Ryan Tedder Coming, if it’s successful I see Pop Solo in the cards

https://twitter.com/officialcharts/status/1126494788650438656?s=21

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

Carly Rae Jepsen is here!

ReplyCopy URL
    voguekid
    Participant
    Topics:

No way Ariana submits 7 Rings over TU,N in any category. She’s already stated that TU,N is the most important song she’s even written in terms of her own growth. If anything, if she wants to broaden her genre range she’ll submit 7 Rings to Rap/Sung and Imagine/Needy to R&B categories, but I doubt either of those would work. She’ll submit TU,N for ROTY, SOTY, and Pop Solo, and will certainly be a threat in Pop Solo.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  voguekid.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  voguekid.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I ain’t predicting 7 Rings in Best Pop Solo if she submits that. Can’t imagine the voters nominating that song.

if you can’t imagine that then your bias is REALLY showing. I know you don’t like Ariana, but come on. It’s one of the biggest hits of the year by the biggest pop star in the world at the moment, who they just awarded this year. Of course “7 Rings” would get nominated if that ended up being her lone Pop Solo submission.

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Grande should submit TUN for Pop Solo since its a fun, creative pop song with a memorable music video and struck a cord in pop culture.

7 Rings is too polarizing and you can barely understand what she says in the song. I could care less if its charting better than TUN, that doesn’t make it the better song.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Just heard the new Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber single “I Don’t Care”. I think its going to be a non-factor. It doesn’t scream “hit single” … its a little too chill sounding and disappointing as a comeback single for both artists. I suppose it has the potential to get in to Pop Duo/Group just based on their 2 names alone… but unless this becomes a massive hit (and I could be wrong, but I don’t think it will be)… I don’t think it will be nominated for anything at the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

if you can’t imagine that then your bias is REALLY showing. I know you don’t like Ariana, but come on. It’s one of the biggest hits of the year by the biggest pop star in the world at the moment, who they just awarded this year. Of course “7 Rings” would get nominated if that ended up being her lone Pop Solo submission.

Here we go with the “bias” nonsense. Yes I am not a fan of Ariana. But that doesn’t affect the way I predict her. Why did I have her 2nd last year when all of you were screaming “havana is going to win”.

With that being said, I stand by what I said, 7R may be snubbed if submitted instead of TUN. It would be a grave mistake since TUN would be a near-lock.

And should I make you a list of the “some of the biggest songs of the year” that still got snubbed? Oh I guess even as recently as last year, the biggest pop song “Perfect” got snubbed in a 7 nominee line up. Go figure…

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

OK, then why else would they shut out “7 Rings” other than the fact that you don’t like it?

Off the top of my head, I can think of several reasons why “Perfect” missed the Pop Duo/Group nomination last year, particularly that a lot of voters may not have been familiar with the Beyoncé version. It was also a very competitive category, whereas this year is lacking in major solo pop hits.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

OK, then why else would they shut out “7 Rings” other than the fact that you don’t like it?

Off the top of my head, I can think of several reasons why “Perfect” missed the Pop Duo/Group nomination last year, particularly that a lot of voters may not have been familiar with the Beyoncé version. It was also a very competitive category, whereas this year is lacking in major solo pop hits.

I explained that in the next post:

“Well that’s why you had it wrong then. God Is A Woman was actually more likely to win than Havana. If not for Gaga and the fact that voters like her more, it would’ve won in my opinion (and I got this category right so my opinion has a bit of weight).

7 Rings on the other hand is not just repetitive but it has a memey chorus straight out of Pretty Boy Swag song. The lyrics are remarkably shallow “You like my hair? Gee thanks just bought it!”.

And the whole message of the song is basically “yeah i’m rich and you’re a loser, and if you think money can’t solve your problems, it’s because you don’t have enough..”.

Pop voters are usually more traditional. And I don’t see them liking such song tbh.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

I miss Rihanna.

ReplyCopy URL
    LeQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

I miss Rihanna.

Go to Sephora. Prolly find her there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I explained that in the next post:

“Well that’s why you had it wrong then. God Is A Woman was actually more likely to win than Havana. If not for Gaga and the fact that voters like her more, it would’ve won in my opinion (and I got this category right so my opinion has a bit of weight).

7 Rings on the other hand is not just repetitive but it has a memey chorus straight out of Pretty Boy Swag song. The lyrics are remarkably shallow “You like my hair? Gee thanks just bought it!”.

And the whole message of the song is basically “yeah i’m rich and you’re a loser, and if you think money can’t solve your problems, it’s because you don’t have enough..”.

Pop voters are usually more traditional. And I don’t see them liking such song tbh.”

Fancy was exactly that and, not only did it get into the Pop field, it also got into ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.