Home Forums Music Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 503 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +37 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Boz
OneAndOnly
  • joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele can still win the pop field even if the BRP snubs her in the general field.

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Realistic possibility of an Adele vs. Taylor pop field this year… Thoughts?

Adele would snatch.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Brayfers
    Participant
    Topics:

How do you guys feel about Sara Bareilles’ chances in the pop field? I know she has had moderate success getting a couple pop and GF noms in the past, but never anything particularly extreme. maybe she could get pop solo and pop vocal album this year.

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

The only category Ariana can possibly (just possibly)win is Pop Album. Though it’s an album full of bops, none of those songs are stronger enough to be nominated or win Pop Solo, let alone SoTY & RoTY.

Kubrick-Coen-Tarantino-Hitchcock-Lynch-Fellini-BillyWilde-WesAnderson
    "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest(1975)"[All Time Fav]

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

And I think the song that will be nominated and even win Pop Solo & Best Visual Media Song from ASIB is “I’ll never love again” ,not”ARUTW”

Kubrick-Coen-Tarantino-Hitchcock-Lynch-Fellini-BillyWilde-WesAnderson
    "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest(1975)"[All Time Fav]

Bryson Atud
    Participant
    Topics:

If the album is middle of the road with a low 70 on MC, I could actually see the BRP keeping her out of AOTY regardless of how big it is.

The Grammys love Adele, they would placed her in every category.

Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

Madonna will have a new album in May that could factor in.

I’m crossing my fingers for a smashing comeback – it looks like a real labor of love for her.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

madonna has already started filming a music video for her lead single, I have high hopes for her new record

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

When is Madonna eligible for the Lifetime Achievement Grammy? She should’ve won that ages ago.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

When is Madonna eligible for the Lifetime Achievement Grammy? She should’ve won that ages ago.

She’s a little young for that. Tina Turner and Neil Diamond got it last year.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Considering that this year’s lineup is weak in Pop. They may actually nominate her if her album is decent.

RichardAniston
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana will repeat in Pop Vocal unless Adele drops. Ariana is on fire as of late.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana will repeat in Pop Vocal unless Adele drops. Ariana is on fire as of late.

Not really. The Grammy’s don’t always award based on popularity. Otherwise Taylor’s album would’ve won last year. They thought it was Ariana’s time to win something. So I doubt they’ll award her again even if the lineup is weak. Just like they voted for Joanne over her, they may do the same this year in Pop Vocal if they find a nominee that they like.

Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

If Taylor Swift releases a 1989 esk pop album with commercial appeal and pop songs with just enough intelligence to turn heads she will easily get Best Pop Vocal Album. And if Best Pop Solo isn’t competitive then she could get a win there too but she’s notorious for pushing non Grammy friendly singles.

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep dreaming! The Grammys have moved on from Taylor Swift.

Nope. Not at all. She has a great shot since she is one of the biggest stars in the world and is consistently doing great.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Pop Field: 2020 Grammys’ is closed to new replies.