Home Forums Music Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 362 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
14 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Os
OneAndOnly
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Fancy was exactly that and, not only did it get into the Pop field, it also got into ROTY.

Fancy isn’t as bad and cringy sorry. But we’ll see. You better hope she doesn’t submit 7 Rings anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Fancy isn’t as bad and cringy sorry. But we’ll see. You better hope she doesn’t submit 7 Rings anyway.

This. Is. Your. Opinion.

Y’all tend to forget 7 rings came from a critically acclaimed album.

I don’t think 7 rings would be a bad submission. Is it winning? Might not, and thank u next is definitely a stronger competitor. But saying it will get snubbef is just a baseless claim.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

The Grammys nominated “Sexy and I Know It” and AWARDED “Who Let the Dogs Out”. This ~high art~ pretense some people want to take with “7 Rings” (which is not a bad song) is painfully transparent.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Duo/GP tends to be less competitive anyway.

Again, that’s just my opinion, I don’t see it being a safe bet in Best Pop Solo (unlike TUN). There are far better songs this season that the voters may go for. I mean last year they nominated Joanne and Colors. So yeah If I were here, I wouldn’t be playing around submitting something that’s as polarizing as 7 Rings. It really has a high chance of being left out imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

People, get ready. Miley is coming.

May 30th.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

7 rings is bad but if submitted anywhere here, that is not getting snubbed. Just as snobbish as the Grammys can be, they can get just as basic. They don’t care as long as it was a smash and that was what 7 rings is. It doesn’t matter the lyrics.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

People, get ready. Miley is coming. May 30th.

Too bad a lot of people will have died from seizures from her posts! Like damn maybe put a warning on that shit Miley! Incredibles 2 did it so you should too smh…

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Here we go with the “bias” nonsense. Yes I am not a fan of Ariana. But that doesn’t affect the way I predict her. Why did I have her 2nd last year when all of you were screaming “havana is going to win”.

With that being said, I stand by what I said, 7R may be snubbed if submitted instead of TUN. It would be a grave mistake since TUN would be a near-lock.

And should I make you a list of the “some of the biggest songs of the year” that still got snubbed? Oh I guess even as recently as last year, the biggest pop song “Perfect” got snubbed in a 7 nominee line up. Go figure…

7 Rings should be snubbed for ROTY because this song was totally hot garbage trash song. Also, this song had lot of plagiarism issues like copying Soulja Boy, 7 Chainz, etc. 7 Rings is the worst song to date.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

7 Rings should be snubbed for ROTY because this song was totally hot garbage trash song. Also, this song had lot of plagiarism issues like copying Soulja Boy, 7 Chainz, etc. 7 Rings is the worst song to date.

All of the plagiarism accusation 7 rings suffered were ridiculous and totally unjustified

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

If I Don’t Care Tonight doesn’t topple Old Town Road on the Billboard Hot 100, I honestly don’t know what will. Even Taylor couldn’t end that behemoth.

ReplyCopy URL
    6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

All of the plagiarism accusation 7 rings suffered were ridiculous and totally unjustified

They definitely weren’t unjustified if Ariana herself felt the need to include 2 Chainz on the remix.

ReplyCopy URL
    isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

The plagiarism accusations is definitely what helped the song blow up even more

ReplyCopy URL
    23andme
    Participant
    Topics:

Pink is usually nominated and passed over. It’s not her best album but it isn’t her worse.

I hope the label does something with 90 Days because that deserves some recognition and it is better than Love Me Anyway. It is arguably the best collaboration she has done in her career.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, cut the bullshit!  Ariana Grande is getting nominated in Best Pop Solo Performance for ANYTHING she submits.

ReplyCopy URL
    isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is pretty much a near lock for a Pop Vocal Album AND Pop Solo nomination. There is no denying that at this point.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.