Home Forums Music Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 503 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +37 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Boz
OneAndOnly
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I said tu,n was my 2nd favorite from her and I stand by that, but for the vast majority, it’s her best album. If they liked Sweetener, then something more personal and less eclectic like Thank U, Next will probably be liked as well.

And why would they like Halsey more? They’ve snubbed her in the past, and it’s not like Without Me is that much different

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I said tu,n was my 2nd favorite from her and I stand by that, but for the vast majority, it’s her best album. If they liked Sweetener, then something more personal and less eclectic like Thank U, Next will probably be liked as well. And why would they like Halsey more? They’ve snubbed her in the past, and it’s not like Without Me is that much different

She’s matured as an artist and sounds more like what voters usually vote for. I mean I was very impressed with Nightmare’s lyrics. The poetry, the imagery metaphors in them is something that’s become quite rare in today’s pop songs (when you compare to 7 rings, sucker etc..).

Without Me is pretty decent as well.

And again, I don’t think any of her solo work deserved a nomination in the past years, so I don’t think she was “snubbed”. However, I do like the new direction she’s taking and voters probably will as well.

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope this upcoming Sam Smith Single is SS3’s lead, if so he could snatch Pop Solo easily with the success of DWAS, the album most definitely not gonna happen in this Summer, meaning he’s gonna take on heavy competition this ending quarter

I will always love you

Carlos Luis Turmero
    Participant
    Topics:

So far a I see the pop field going this way:

Best Pop Vocal Album
    thank u, next – Ariana Grande
    DNA – Backstreet Boys
    Hurts 2B Human – Pink
    When we all fall asleep, Where do we go? – Billie Eilish
    *open spot*

Best Pop Solo Performance
    thank u, next – Ariana Grande
    bad guy – Billie Eilish
    Always Remember Us This Way – Lady Gaga
    Without Me – Halsey
    *open slot*

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Sucker – Jonas Brothers
    Sunflower – Post Malone feat. Swae Lee
    Nothing Breaks Like a Heart – Mark Ronson feat. Miley Cyrus
    Dancing with a Stranger – Sam Smith feat. Normani
    Please Me – Bruno Mars feat. Cardi B
    Me! – Taylor Swift feat. Brendon Urie

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s matured as an artist and sounds more like what voters usually vote for. I mean I was very impressed with Nightmare’s lyrics. The poetry, the imagery metaphors in them is something that’s become quite rare in today’s pop songs (when you compare to 7 rings, sucker etc..).

Without Me is pretty decent as well.

And again, I don’t think any of her solo work deserved a nomination in the past years, so I don’t think she was “snubbed”. However, I do like the new direction she’s taking and voters probably will as well.

Nightmare is basic Halsey. She’s done much better lyrically.

And Without Me is basic.

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s matured as an artist and sounds more like what voters usually vote for. I mean I was very impressed with Nightmare’s lyrics. The poetry, the imagery metaphors in them is something that’s become quite rare in today’s pop songs (when you compare to 7 rings, sucker etc..). Without Me is pretty decent as well. And again, I don’t think any of her solo work deserved a nomination in the past years, so I don’t think she was “snubbed”. However, I do like the new direction she’s taking and voters probably will as well.

Oh my goodness! Enough already!! We get it, you don’t like Ariana. Both her and Halsey are likely gonna get a Pop Solo nom and MAYBE a Pop Vocal album nod if Halsey rolls it out in time. Now can we drop it and leave it there?

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh my goodness! Enough already!! We get it, you don’t like Ariana. Both her and Halsey are likely gonna get a Pop Solo nom and MAYBE a Pop Vocal album nod if Halsey rolls it out in time. Now can we drop it and leave it there?

What I write about an artist is none of your business. Are you going to cry “we get it you don’t like ariana” about anyone that actually admires the work of a different artist this year?

Grow up. I didn’t even mention her name in that reply.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Nightmare is basic Halsey. She’s done much better lyrically. And Without Me is basic.

You can say so. Opinions are subjective. But Bad At Love was horrible lyrically at least for me. The only good song I remember that was good, was New Americana.

As for Nightmare and Without Me, I found them to be better lyrically than nowadays pop songs.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

It did seem like Ariana was gonna sweep through the pop field in the beginning. But there has been some decent competition lately that anything can happen now.

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

It did seem like Ariana was gonna sweep through the pop field in the beginning. But there has been some decent competition lately that anything can happen now.

She still doesn’t have decent competition, billie and halsey never won before she’ll easily win her pop grammys

voguekid
    Participant
    Topics:

This forum became “let’s all watch M try to explain, for the second year in a row, why Ariana Grande is certain to lose even though the nominations are 7 months away.”

Anyways, one thing is certain, females will dominate this category again: Taylor and Ariana are almost guaranteed two nominations each, Billie and Halsey guaranteed at least one, most likely two.

Current Predictions:
    BPVA:
    -thank u, next
    -TS7
    -When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (WIN)
    -[H3?]
    -[Open]

BPSP:
    -thank u, next (WIN)
    -Without Me
    -bury a friend (I think she’ll submit this)
    -[Open]
    -[Open]

BPDGP:
    -Sucker
    -Dancing With a Stranger
    -Me! (WIN)
    -[Open]
    -[Open]
    -[Open]

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  voguekid.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  voguekid.
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought the Beyhive was the worst, but apparently Ariana Stans are worse.

All I said is that if Halsey’s album is as good as those two songs, she could win both awards.

I didn’t even mention Ariana. Apparently it’s not allowed to say anyone can win BUT Ariana this year. You’re rather becoming pathetic. I’m going to laugh so hard if she goes home empty handed.

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

At least Gucci will get straight to the point when it comes to hating on artists

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  isaiahbravo.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  isaiahbravo.
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

It surely isn’t controversial, to think that a song which is still charting higher than 7 Rings and Thank U Next despite being older, can win Best Pop Solo right?

It isn’t delusional is it?

And it surely isn’t controversial either, to think that an album that’s still at #2 almost two months after its release can win Best Pop Vocal Album.

Ariana can win, but she’s not the frontrunner anymore (I don’t see her winning Best Pop Album twice in a row) at least in my opinion. Deal with it.

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

Why in the world is this 7 rings debate being brought back up?

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Pop Field: 2020 Grammys’ is closed to new replies.