Home Forums Music Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 369 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
OneAndOnly
Os
  • OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

“Dancing With A Stranger” is expected to go #1 on HAC radio and very likely gonna go #1 at Pop Radio, #2 frontrunner for Pop Duo/Group Confirmed

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

DWAS is now #1 on overall radio chart.

#1 HAC
    #2 POp (949 spins away from #1)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Tasiandee.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor said she has more collabs on her album 🤔

Where does Ed and Justin fit in?

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor said she has more collabs on her album 🤔 Where does Ed and Justin fit in?

Hopefully not Justin.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Get it, “Dancing With a Stranger!”

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

DWAS just went #1 on Overall Radio!!

And this

Co-billed #1 radio hits between a male and female soloist:
    • A Whole New World
    • My Boo
    • Empire State of Mind, Jay-Z & Alicia Keys
    • Finesse
    • Dancing with a Stranger

At least three of these songs have been nominated for grammys..

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, “Dancing With a Stranger” deserves ROTY/SOTY noms, especially in this shitfest of a year.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, “Dancing With a Stranger” deserves ROTY/SOTY noms, especially in this shitfest of a year.

I would love to see it snatch SOTY/ROTY but I don’t wanna get too greedy, so for now I’m just shooting for that Pop Duo/Group but you are correct darling

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

Charli XCX ft Lizzo coming..

ReplyCopy URL
    Noah Sims
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly, if Ariana submits Thank U, Next (song) for Pop solo. She’s going to get nominated and most likely win (as of now).

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Halsey should really release her album this year. She could easily win both Best Pop Solo and Best Pop Album.

Her song Nightmare is so refreshing. Finally a decent pop song that isn’t a basic trap beat.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Halsey should really release her album this year. She could easily win both Best Pop Solo and Best Pop Album.

Her song Nightmare is so refreshing. Finally a decent pop song that isn’t a basic trap beat.

Some people are thinking that the album is going to be released in October because of some hints in the Nightmare video, and I can see that.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Some people are thinking that the album is going to be released in October because of some hints in the Nightmare video, and I can see that.

I don’t think so. A summer release is more likely. I doubt she’d release Nightmare this early if it was going to be released in October. Q4 is going to be a very busy season. Even Adele is rumored for Q4.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Explain to me how that’s supposed to work when last year’s Pop Album winner is back in the mix with an even more popular album, and when she was also nominated for Pop Solo while Halsey was not.

And the fact that Halsey has not previously been nominated for a Grammy for her own work.

Ariana is not only having a bigger year and bigger hits than Halsey, but she has a much better track record at the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Explain to me how that’s supposed to work when last year’s Pop Album winner is back in the mix with an even more popular album, and when she was also nominated for Pop Solo while Halsey was not. And the fact that Halsey has not previously been nominated for a Grammy for her own work. Ariana is not only having a bigger year and bigger hits than Halsey, but she has a much better track record at the Grammys.

If it came down to “who won a grammy before” and “popular album”, Taylor Swift and not Ariana would’ve won last year. It doesn’t come down to that. Just because Ariana won a grammy doesn’t mean she’s some grammy darling right now (even Dua Lipa won two last year, and her hit GIAW lost to an album track so…). Sweetener was a Pharell-procuded album that ended up being the voters pick in a very weak lineup. The same isn’t guaranteed to happen (before you say OH it wasn’t weak. What I mean is that only her and Camilla Cabello scored nominations in both pop categories. So her competition was basically another poptart).

For starters there’s Billie Eillish who’s having a great year and can win. And Halsey can also win if the album is as good as Without Me and Nightmare. In fact I think that type of sound may appeal more to the voters than the others.

Without Me is one of the biggest hits of the year, had very good longevity and can easily win Best Pop Solo. There’s no denying that.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 22 hours ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 369 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.