Home Forums Music Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

Pop Field: 2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 365 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
11 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
OneAndOnly
Os
  • Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

If Taylor Swift releases a 1989 esk pop album with commercial appeal and pop songs with just enough intelligence to turn heads she will easily get Best Pop Vocal Album. And if Best Pop Solo isn’t competitive then she could get a win there too but she’s notorious for pushing non Grammy friendly singles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep dreaming!  The Grammys have moved on from Taylor Swift.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep dreaming! The Grammys have moved on from Taylor Swift.

Nope. Not at all. She has a great shot since she is one of the biggest stars in the world and is consistently doing great.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo:

Adele – “?” WINNER
    Taylor Swift – “?”
    Ed Sheeran – “?”
    Beyoncé – “?”
    Ariana Grande – “Thank U, Next”

6th spot:
    Justin Bieber ? Or Post Malone ? Or John Mayer ? Or Lady Gaga – “I’ll Never Love Again”

ReplyCopy URL
    6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo:

Adele – “?” WINNER
    Taylor Swift – “?”
    Ed Sheeran – “?”
    Beyoncé – “?”
    Ariana Grande – “Thank U, Next”

6th spot:
    Justin Bieber ? Or Post Malone ? Or John Mayer ? Or Lady Gaga – “I’ll Never Love Again”

I don’t think Beyoncé’s album will have a song that can be considered Pop Solo, unless you mean the ballad she is confirmed to be singing for TLK, which will be written for Elton John.

And I thought Ed Sheeran stated his next release wouldn’t be soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

The lead single for TS7 is coming very soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt the Grammys are over Taylor Swift. She’s still young, popular, and successful. It’s just a matter of how competitive 2019 is and how her music is perceived.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

And I think the song that will be nominated and even win Pop Solo & Best Visual Media Song from ASIB is “I’ll never love again” ,not”ARUTW”

“Always Remember Us This Way” is the bigger hit, and there’s a duet version of “I’ll Never Love Again.”

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga’s dropping a new album this year, so she may be done with ASIB outside of the Visual Media/Movie cats.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Dancing With a Stranger just entered in the top ten of pop radio while being at #11 in overall radio, predicting to rise again at #17 in BB, we love a organic hit and possible contender for Pop Duo/Group

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  OneAndOnly.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  OneAndOnly.

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga’s dropping a new album this year, so she may be done with ASIB outside of the Visual Media/Movie cats.

I don’t think she will drop an album when ASIB is still #3 as of the predictions for next week. Interscope could still make a lot money with ASIB.

She just jokingly teased that she’s “pregnant” with LG6. If she’s being cryptic, that will mean probably 8 more months to go or so which seems more realistic to me.

I definitely think they’re submitting ASIB this year. After all, it’ll be the best-selling album of the year (unless Adele releases or something).

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

For popular hits:

Pop solo now (still only 2 possible):

Ariana Grande- 7 rings or TUN

Lady Gaga- I’ll never love again or ARUTW

(weak: Without Me)

Pop duo now (still only 1 possible):

Post Malone & Swae Lee -Sunflower

(weak: Sucker,Nothing Breaks Like A Heart)

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Beyoncé’s album will have a song that can be considered Pop Solo, unless you mean the ballad she is confirmed to be singing for TLK, which will be written for Elton John.

And I thought Ed Sheeran stated his next release wouldn’t be soon.

Beyoncé’s been nominated in Pop Solo before (more than once) and since the pop genre category is voted on by popular vote (as oppose to a jury panel selection like most categories), if she submits a song (from what I will assume will be a popular album), it very-well could be nominated by members just name-checking her on their ballots (think Lady Gaga’s “Joanne” submission this year… which ended up winning!).

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d say that Pop Solo Performance is between Ariana and Halsey at this point, but a lot of things could happen between now and the deadline. The lead single from TS7 may immediately rise to frontrunner status. Adele could surprise all of us and release new singles or an album before the deadline, and we all know how much of a threat for a Grammy sweep she always is.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

For popular hits: Pop solo now (still only 2 possible): Ariana Grande- 7 rings or TUN Lady Gaga- I’ll never love again or ARUTW (weak: Without Me) Pop duo now (still only 1 possible): Post Malone & Swae Lee -Sunflower (weak: Sucker,Nothing Breaks Like A Heart)

So a Billboard Hot 100 #1 song by a solo female artists has a weak chance of getting in, but two songs that will not be promoted whatsoever from a movie have a strong chance? Explain please because it has been confirmed that Gaga is releasing an album this year so she is done with ASIB music. Or do you just not like Halsey or that song?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 365 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.