Home Forums Music Rap Field: Grammys 2020

Rap Field: Grammys 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 204 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Why U So Obse..
Darren
Xtina
  • 24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I think this year’s Rap winners (as always) will be mainstream / Top40-crossover hip-hop artists. The rappers that are only dominating at streaming will not win, bc most of the Recording Academy will not have heard of them.

The winners will more than likely be chosen out of this lot depending on who scores a nom (for better or for worse): J. Cole, Chance, Drake, Cardi B, Post Malone and maybe Young Thug. This year is J. Cole’s best shot to win a Grammy yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

21 Savage deserves to win Rap Song and Rap Performance. IMO “a lot” is probably the best rap hit song of the year, and they can also (finally) give J Cole his damn Grammy after so long.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I doubt Chance the Rapper wins a Grammy. He has NOT made any noise this time around.

ReplyCopy URL
    chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

a lot in rap song and middle child in rap performance are two major chances for J.Cole to win. I would be shocked if he went home empty-handed

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I doubt Chance the Rapper wins a Grammy. He has NOT made any noise this time around.

He made noise but for the wrong reasons.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

The way y’all are hyping Solange in the R&B Field, I’m surprised Chance the Rapper isn’t receiving the same energy.

Rap is more weak than R&B this year so a nomination wouldn’t be unlikely.

There is no clear frontrunner for Best Rap Album. Tyler, The Creator is beatable.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

The way y’all are hyping Solange in the R&B Field, I’m surprised Chance the Rapper isn’t receiving the same energy.

I’m not a fan of the Solange album but she did win a Grammy for her last album and the reviews for When I Get Home are really good (somehow), so she is a threat.

Chance’s album was considered a disappointment by most critics and the public hated it. It’s also rapidly falling down the charts.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

The rap field will probably be split once again. Not even a chart beast like Drake could win more than one Grammy last period. There’s really no dominant artist this time around. We all thought that would be Chance The Rapper.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Rap has been horrifically tragic this year to the point where J. Cole is competitive for a WIN.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Rap has been horrifically tragic this year to the point where J. Cole is competitive for a WIN.

To be fair, he actually deserves to win.

He’s considered top tier of the new school rappers (right up there with Kendrick Lamar and Drake), yet he doesn’t have the Grammy recognition they do. “Middle Child” deserves to win Best Rap Performance or Song. He will just have to get passed the panel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, if J. Cole (who is very deserving) doesn’t win in this shitty year, he’ll never win a Grammy

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

To be fair, he actually deserves to win. He’s considered top tier of the new school rappers (right up there with Kendrick Lamar and Drake), yet he doesn’t have the Grammy recognition they do. “Middle Child” deserves to win Best Rap Performance or Song. He will just have to get passed the panel.

Grammys like to play catch up, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Middle Child popped up in ROTY or something like that or even “a lot”.  I’m not a fan of J. Cole whatsoever but I wouldn’t be upset with him winning in this terrible year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, if J. Cole (who is very deserving) doesn’t win in this shitty year, he’ll never win a Grammy

If he can’t win now, then he should never submit again.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Taylor_Prez
    Participant
    Topics:

Young Thug’s album is pretty good and getting largely positive reviews. Pitchfork gave him an 8.4 out of 10. He may have a shot for Best Rap Album and The London (with Travis Scott and J Cole) has a shot at best rap performance. Thoughts? I have it between him, Tyler, and Meek.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Missy Elliot is dropping a new album tonight at midnight titled Iconology.

And the Grammy for Best Rap Album goes to… Missy!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 204 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.