Home Forums Music Rap Field: Grammys 2020

Rap Field: Grammys 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 274 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
23 hours ago
replies
views
users
Why U So Obse..
Darren
Boz
  • PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

If Truth Hurts gets nominated in Pop Solo – It can honestly win. Her biggest threat is what “bad guy”? It’s gonna have more weeks at #1 so she will have an advantage. Juice isn’t a contender. Id rather her go the POPULAR route and win there than compete in a category with a panel that favors MORE URBAN records.

She should submit Tempo to Rap/Sung instead. She should try her luck and put Juice in R&B, It contains elements of funk anyways. Kinda like Bruno Mars

“Tempo” is not a Rap/Sung performance. That’s straight up rapping.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

She should submit Tempo to Rap/Sung instead.

Literally not a single word in that song is sung. I’m assuming you haven’t listened to it.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Should I predict Eve to get nominated over Fever in Best Rap Album?

I say both get in over some of these “frontrunners.” I can totally see Rap Album turning into a WTF category of random nominees since this past year has been so weak.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not too sure “Truth Hurts” counts as Rap/Sung because “Fancy” (Iggy Azalea) was put in the Pop Duo/Group Performance and it sure had more intense rapping than “Truth Hurts.”

“Fancy” was submitted to Pop because it features a Pop hook sung by a Pop singer.

“Truth Hurts” is a Rap song featuring a hook sung by an Urban artist.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Literally not a single word in that song is sung. I’m assuming you haven’t listened to it.

… OK Darren. Either way whichever category its not winning but a filler nomination somewhere would look nice.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Deemy.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Edunn Zur Levy
    Participant
    Topics:

Rap ALbum:
    IGOR- Tyler, the creator
    ZUU- Denzel Curry
    i am>i was- 21 Savage
    Fever- Megan Thee Stallion
    Eve- Rapsody

*Championships- Meek Mill if there’s a 6th spot or the dark house

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

BROCKHAMPTON just performed their song “SUGAR” on Ellen. They keep getting bigger and bigger! Anyone think it has an outside shot at a Rap/Sung Performance nomination???

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Since I have time. If I was a Rap voter:

Best Rap Album
    1. Championships – Meek Mill
    2. May the Lord Watch – Little Brother
    3. IGOR – Tyler, The Creator
    4. So Much Fun – Young Thug
    5. Revenge of the Dreamers III – Dreamville & J. Cole

Best Rap Performance
    1. Bezerk – Big Sean (feat. A$AP Ferg & Hit-Boy)
    2. Numb Numb Juice – ScHoolboy Q
    3. Going Bad – Meek Mill (feat. Drake)
    4. Broke As F**k – YBN Corade
    5. The London – Young Thug (feat. J. Cole & Travis Scott)

Best Rap Song
    1. The Feel – Little Brother
    2. a lot – 21 Savage
    3. Single Again – Big Sean
    4. Truth Hurts – Lizzo
    5. U Say – GoldLink (feat. Tyler, The Creator & Jay Prince)

Best Rap/Sung Performance
    1. U Say – GoldLink (feat. Tyler, The Creator & Jay Prince)
    2. MOOD 4 EVA – Beyoncé, JAY-Z & Childish Gambino (feat. Oumou Sangaré)
    3. All Day Long – Chance The Rapper (feat. John Legend)
    4. Ecstasy – Dreezy (feat. Jeremih)
    5. Antisocial – Ed Sheeran & Travis Scott

ReplyCopy URL
    Taylor_Prez
    Participant
    Topics:

Since I have time. If I was a Rap voter: Best Rap Album 1. Championships – Meek Mill 2. May the Lord Watch – Little Brother 3. IGOR – Tyler, The Creator 4. So Much Fun – Young Thug 5. Revenge of the Dreamers III – Dreamville & J. Cole Best Rap Performance 1. Bezerk – Big Sean (feat. A$AP Ferg & Hit-Boy) 2. Numb Numb Juice – ScHoolboy Q 3. Going Bad – Meek Mill (feat. Drake) 4. Broke As F**k – YBN Corade 5. The London – Young Thug (feat. J. Cole & Travis Scott) Best Rap Song 1. The Feel – Little Brother 2. a lot – 21 Savage 3. Single Again – Big Sean 4. Truth Hurts – Lizzo 5. U Say – GoldLink (feat. Tyler, The Creator & Jay Prince) Best Rap/Sung Performance 1. U Say – GoldLink (feat. Tyler, The Creator & Jay Prince) 2. MOOD 4 EVA – Beyoncé, JAY-Z & Childish Gambino (feat. Oumou Sangaré) 3. All Day Long – Chance The Rapper (feat. John Legend) 4. Ecstasy – Dreezy (feat. Jeremih) 5. Antisocial – Ed Sheeran & Travis Scott

I like your list and mostly agree I’m pretty sure Middle Child will be nominated for Best Rap Performance and maybe song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Yosemite eligible for Rap Performance?

ReplyCopy URL
    JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Yosemite eligible for Rap Performance?

No. It was released as a single August 3rd 2018 and the clock started ticking October 1st 2018, so, that’s why it ideally shouldn’t be, but you never know really what could happen as, ideally, a song like “Truth Hurts,” released two seasons ago (September 19 2017), is now getting a lot of Grammy buzz due to its sudden popularity. Even if that’s the case with “Yosemite,” that it’s eligible because it gained popularity during this current season, I doubt it’d even get a nomination because, for me, it’s not a standout rap performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Nipsey Hussle’s “Racks In the Middle” is a contender for Best Rap Performance. and his song with DJ Khaled and John Legend could be the Best Rap/Sung winner. It’s been a while since they give a rap Grammy posthumously. But he could be the one to break that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Nipsey Hussle’s “Racks In the Middle” is a contender for Best Rap Performance. and his song with DJ Khaled and John Legend could be the Best Rap/Sung winner. It’s been a while since they give a rap Grammy posthumously. But he could be the one to break that.

The nomination will be the reward in Rap/Sung. DJ Khaled is NOT a Grammy favorite.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Christina Aguilera
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real!  That DJ Khalid song with Nipsey Hussle (R.I.P.) and John Legend is NOT winning Best Rap/Sung Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not even convinced that Nipsey will get nominated. It’s not like the Mac situation, where they had to make up for ignoring him before his death. Nipsey made it in last time and it was a great moment even before he died. I’m not sure what a few song nominations would really accomplish following that.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 274 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.