Home Forums Music Rap Field: Grammys 2020

Rap Field: Grammys 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 255 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Why U So Obse..
Darren
Boz
  • ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Queen… Um…no!

Thanks for calling me a queen babes!

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

In a perfect world, TA1300 would’ve been nominated for Best Rap Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

In a perfect world, TA1300 would’ve been nominated for Best Rap Album.

In a perfect world, it should have won than Cardi B’s album, but nonetheless, congrats.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Queen… Um…no!

That album flopped so bad! Yikes.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Igor will and should win best rap album, unless either underground unnoticed Bandana by Freddie Gibbs manages to get in, or Kendrick releases another TPAB classic (to be honest, I’m not impressed with DAMN. winning over Flower boy). I just don’t see any visible more deserving contender this year, not even Chance who released a boring album that tried to sound aesthetic (Coloring book).

But then again, “deserving” is a kinda lost term in The recording academy’s book. Apparently, they thought Invasion of privacy was more “deserving” than Daytona and Astroworld, not to mention a tons of much more interesting projects like Kids see ghosts, Taboo, Some rap songs. So I won’t be surprised if Igor loses best rap album, or even gets snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Milk Money
    Participant
    Topics:

That album flopped so bad! Yikes.

It think it actually went platinum.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly I think Tyler will probably submit to rap only to the fact that Mac Miller was last year. I mean it could be irregularity because I feel like that was a consolation prize for a nomination because of his death. But Tyler also has rap songs in the tracklisting. But also The Carters were in Urban Contemporary so he or Lizzo could battle it out there.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Igor will and should win best rap album, unless either underground unnoticed Bandana by Freddie Gibbs manages to get in, or Kendrick releases another TPAB classic (to be honest, I’m not impressed with DAMN. winning over Flower boy). I just don’t see any visible more deserving contender this year, not even Chance who released a boring album that tried to sound aesthetic (Coloring book). But then again, “deserving” is a kinda lost term in The recording academy’s book. Apparently, they thought Invasion of privacy was more “deserving” than Daytona and Astroworld, not to mention a tons of much more interesting projects like Kids see ghosts, Taboo, Some rap songs. So I won’t be surprised if Igor loses best rap album, or even gets snubbed.

Apparently, the Rap categories are meant only for a few winners(Jay-Z, Kanye, Kendrick, Eminem and occasionally Drake) and breakout artists(Macklemore, Cardi B, Chance). I’d be very surprised with anyone else winning. It’s too late for a new artist breaking out, but probably Jay-Z/Kanye/Kendrick/Eminem will release before September and steal his Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

It think it actually went platinum.

Everything goes Platinum these days, honey. You can chart at #98 and still be certified with a plaque because of streaming.

Queen made 0 impact, the tour was cancelled, and was an overall embarrassing era.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Chance the Rapper – TBA
    Meek Mill – Championships
    Megan Thee Stallion – Fever
    21 Savage – I Am > I Was
    Tyler, the Creator – Igor

Rap Album lineup barring another major release (besides Chance) before August?

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly in BNA I think they are going to add a female rap artists into the mix due to Cardi not getting in. I mean look there’s so many to choose from: Rico Nasty, City Girls, Tierra Whack, Megan Thee Stallion. It’s probably one that I think we should pay a close eye on.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Tierra Wack isn’t eligible. City Girls are probably out because they’ve admitted to using ghostwriters.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Tierra Wack isn’t eligible. City Girls are probably out because they’ve admitted to using ghostwriters.

What do you mean Tierra Whack is ineligible?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  ELIAS.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  ELIAS.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

What do you mean Tierra Whack is ineligible?

She has already been nominated. Past nominees are no longer eligible for Best New Artist; see Cardi B.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Chance the Rapper – TBA
    Meek Mill – Championships
    Megan Thee Stallion – Fever
    21 Savage – I Am > I Was
    Tyler, the Creator – Igor

Rap Album lineup barring another major release (besides Chance) before August?

Chance the Rapper would easily win this lineup.

Tyler, The Creator could go Urban Contemporary.

Watch out for ScHoolboy Q. He’s the only major TDE artist with a release.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.