Home Forums Music Rap Field: Grammys 2020

Rap Field: Grammys 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 255 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Why U So Obse..
Darren
Boz
  • Brayfers
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Iggy in this conversation?

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Iggy in this conversation?

Of course not

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

Iggy has a shot, considering there has not been a lot of movement in the Rap scene. Rap Album is a possibility but it would have to preform really well. And who knows if she’ll submit, I hope she does.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

“Overtime” – Big Sean

Rap Performance contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Iggy has a shot, considering there has not been a lot of movement in the Rap scene. Rap Album is a possibility but it would have to preform really well. And who knows if she’ll submit, I hope she does.

Iggy is a pariah within the Hip-Hop community. She will never receive another Rap nomination again.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

She’ll never be nominated for a Grammy again, period, but especially not in the rap field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Chance the Rapper would easily win this lineup. Tyler, The Creator could go Urban Contemporary. Watch out for ScHoolboy Q. He’s the only major TDE artist with a release.

Crash Talk wasn’t all that, IMO, but Schoolboy has been nominated in Best Rap Album for his last two solo albums. He’s definitely in the hunt again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

She’ll never be nominated for a Grammy again, period, but especially not in the rap field.

That’s probably true. But you never know.

One day Iggy might secure a feature on an obscure T40 mainstream hit and be in the conversation again (ala Billy Ray Cyrus, Sean Paul).

She’d fare better in the Pop Field as a Duo/Group contender than in any category for Rap.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, my prediction is accurate. Chance’s The big day sucks, and many people are saying it. Tyler for the win still!

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

People seem to be divided on the album so far.

Is it worth a listen? It’s an hour and 17 minutes long so please tell me if it’s truly worth a shot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

People seem to be divided on the album so far. Is it worth a listen? It’s an hour and 17 minutes long so please tell me if it’s truly worth a shot.

I loved it. Yes, there are some songs that are disposable, but that’s bound to happen with an album that has 22 tracks on it.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Don’t listen to Chance’s fans or basic hiphop heads. This album is dull, uninspiring, overly long and repetitive.</p>
    If he manages to get critical acclaim, and if he somehow sweeps the rap category at the Grammy, then he’s confirmed another industry plant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

An industry plant who isn’t signed to a record label? Make it make sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Chance the Rapper doesn’t have overwhelmingly great reviews for his debut album (not bad, but not great either). I think he benefits from the weak year of hip-hop contenders. It’s hard to imagine him not being a front runner to be nominated (and/or win).

There aren’t a lot of BIG names floating around. Am I to believe that the Rap Album nominees will consist of a bunch of young rappers that only appeal to a limited audience on streaming???

DaBaby? Polo G? Gunna? Lil Baby? Etc.

ReplyCopy URL
    chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

Chance the Rapper doesn’t have overwhelmingly great reviews for his debut album (not bad, but not great either). I think he benefits from the weak year of hip-hop contenders. It’s hard to imagine him not being a front runner to be nominated (and/or win).

There aren’t a lot of BIG names floating around. Am I to believe that the Rap Album nominees will consist of a bunch of young rappers that only appeal to a limited audience on streaming???

DaBaby? Polo G? Gunna? Lil Baby? Etc.

There’s a decent amount of mainstream, well-known rappers that released in this eligibility period. Schoolboy Q, Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, Tyler the Creator, and 21 Savage can all show up in that category. Plus, critically acclaimed acts like Freddie Gibbs and Denzel Curry. If they like Megan enough I guess “Fever” could be nominated too.

Nas and Dreamville/J.Cole also released projects but they’re compilation albums so idk if they’re eligible. Needless to say, there are plenty of rap albums they can nominate before the people you named.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.