Home Forums Music R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two

R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 406 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +35 hidden )
replies
views
users
cheyenne lee
PoweR
Darren
  • The Coterie
    Participant
    Topics:

Hi, I thought I might continue this thread here since the other one died (please don’t let this one flop)

Anyways, Mary J Blige released her single ‘Thriving’ last month with Nas – do you see it garnering any nominations? The singles from her last album received zero

Mishtii Murari
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s one of the worst lead singles she’s ever released, so no. A Nas feature is such a tired idea in 2019…

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

You could’ve just bumped the other thread that wasn’t even 1/4 full instead of creating a whole new one.

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Never underestimate MJB @ the Grammys. She’s beloved and has won several awards.

BTW, that pic of Lil’ Kim is Fierce ! Go awf!

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

The Coterie
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG yess “NINE is COMING!

Also, it’d be a dream if MJB + Mariah were nominated this year. It’d be 2005 all over again. I would LIVE!

ChargerFan
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG yess “NINE is COMING!

Also, it’d be a dream if MJB + Mariah were nominated this year. It’d be 2005 all over again. I would LIVE!

I’m not familiar with Mary’s newer music, but yes that would be nice. I’d definitely like to see Mariah get some Grammy attention, but I never get my hopes up. Grammy lost my interest years ago. I haven’t even watched a ceremony in over 10 years lol. I guess I’m getting old. Much of today’s popular music just isn’t my thing.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  ChargerFan.
    • This reply was modified 6 months ago by  ChargerFan.
    The Coterie
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t even watched a ceremony in over 10 years lol. I guess I’m getting old. Much of today’s popular music just isn’t my thing.

Girl same, the music they’ve nominated in the past has been a bit hit and miss. They should really establish a clearer criteria so that ppl know how people are being nominated

smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

My top choices for the album categories are
    Urban Contemp. Album: Lizzo, Cuz I Love You
    R&B Album: Anderson .Paak, Ventura

Mishtii Murari
    Participant
    Topics:

My top choices for the album categories are Urban Contemp. Album: Lizzo, Cuz I Love You R&B Album: Anderson .Paak, Ventura

would Anderson.Paak not also be nominated in Urban Contemporary?

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Anderson Paak fits the Urban Contemporary mold. His sound is eclectic and non traditional asf.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

Megan the Stallion revealed that she has collabs with both Normani and kehlani

Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping Fantasia releases her album before the cut off.. I think she’d be a contender for R&B Album. The clips I’ve heard so far sound amazing..

Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

Also Normani is preparing to release her Official first single from her first album… She filmed the video yesterday in LA with Director Dave Meyers (Me!) and big freedia.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Tasiandee.
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Ventura will be slotted as either R&B or Urban Contemporary. Oxnard will be either Urban Contemporary or Rap. There’s a chance both albums are slotted as Urban Contemporary.

na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Normani could get nominated for waves. The Grammys love 6Lack. The rap/sung category doesn’t appear too full. And she’s gaining a lot more support in the r&b community now than when she released Love lies. Plus the Grammys tend to nominate moderately successful r&b hits or veteran acts. Her lead is shaping up to be a huge song. And there hasn’t been an obvious huge song this year in the same vain as bood up or that’s what I like. I’m curious to see if the Grammys will respond well to it if it does well. So far please me is the only major song and it’s considered a flop.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 406 total)

The topic ‘R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two’ is closed to new replies.