Home Forums Music R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two

R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 226 through 231 (of 231 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
cheyenne lee
DC95
Get Real!
  • cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s definitely not on the same level as A Seat At the Table but it’s still better than most of the contenders. She’d be an inspired nominee.

I’m not saying that Solange wouldn’t be an inspired nominee, but all I’m saying is… if A Seat At the Table couldn’t even get an album nomination in the R&B or Urban Contemporary category, how can we expect When I Get Home to do it when it’s considered as a downgrade. The most I can see Solange doing is an R&B Performance nomination with ‘Almeda’, and even then its not exactly a performance, let alone a vocally demanding one

• This reply was modified 4 days, 15 hours ago by  cheyenne lee.
    • This reply was modified 4 days, 15 hours ago by  cheyenne lee.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, you can’t possibly compare 3 years ago to now. This year is extremely weak. Solange is definitely in the running. Who knows what the R&B committee will give.

P.S. – Y’all got shitty tastes in music.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The year is weaker this time but I still don’t know. R&B panel is unpredictable. I’m not saying Solange is a lock or anything. And there’s no project this year that really seems like a hard hitting passion pick and she does have critical acclaim for this so it’s not like she can’t make it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

Solange’s album is great. Deserves to be in AOTY too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie Eillish’s album is much better than Solange. So I dont know where people are going with that comparison. Solange doesnt have a song as brilliantly written as “wish you were gay” or “when the party’s over” on her album. Sometimes we have to just call it as it is. She’s not someone that they HAVE TO nominate. Her album didnt make any waves outside the first week. There’s not one song on there that resonates that we can say THAT song defines R&B in 2019. Cranes in the Sky actually did that. It was different, it was fresh it was thought-provoking lyrically. She doesnt have that this year. Honestly, she should be snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Billie Eilish’s album is NOT better than Solange’s.

Solange doesn’t need another “Cranes In the Sky”/A Seat at the Table to be nominated again.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 226 through 231 (of 231 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.