Home Forums Music R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two

R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 406 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +35 hidden )
replies
views
users
cheyenne lee
PoweR
Darren
  • Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is winning Urban Contemporary. Unless they snub her….which is 100% unlikely.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is winning Urban Contemporary. Unless they snub her….which is 100% unlikely.

what about Solange ?

#howrudeofme

JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

what about Solange ?

My wildest guess would be that the same way Dirty Computer was snubbed in this category would be the same way When I Get Home would be. But I think she does deserve at least an Urban Contemporary nod.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

what about Solange ?

Solange is not even guaranteed a nomination. Even if she makes in, the hype surrounding Lizzo is too huge. Lizzo is easily the frontrunner for that category.

That fact that Lizzo’s album got in at the BET HIP HOP Awards means that the industry sees her music as Urban Contemporary. If she gets moved to Pop, then so should Khalid.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is a lock for Urban Contemporary album. Unless she’s in Pop Vocal Album.

My thoughts exactly. We really don’t know what her label is going to do. They SHOULD submit her album in Urban, but I could see them sending it to Pop.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

My thoughts exactly. We really don’t know what her label is going to do. They SHOULD submit her album in Urban, but I could see them sending it to Pop.

Her label is persistent about labeling Lizzo a “rapper.” Wouldn’t submitting her to Pop go against that? She’s nominated for Album of the Year at the BET Hip Hop Awards, just like Bey/Jay-Z last year. I don’t see her going Rap, so Urban Contemporary is the most logical choice.

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

what about Solange ?

Nah. Lizzo has heat. Solange’s album is stale and not as nearly overpraised as the last one.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

SeanJaye
    Participant
    Topics:

“Trip” by Ella Mai was released on August 3rd, 2018. Is it even in contention?

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

i think the Grammys forgot about Ella Mai at this point

#howrudeofme

Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

It wasn’t submitted last year and she can submit as an album track from her album this year.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Her label is persistent about labeling Lizzo a “rapper.” Wouldn’t submitting her to Pop go against that? She’s nominated for Album of the Year at the BET Hip Hop Awards, just like Bey/Jay-Z last year. I don’t see her going Rap, so Urban Contemporary is the most logical choice.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter where her label wants her. If the Grammys think it’s a pop record, it will be in Pop Album.

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is THE definition of Urban Contemporary. She incorporates elements of R&B, Rap, Pop, Soul, & a little bit of Gospel. Her genre is not defined to one field. No different than Janelle Monae.

The Grammys will rightfully keep her out of the Pop Vocal Album category. That would be placement fraud.

JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

i think the Grammys forgot about Ella Mai at this point

If “Trip” isn’t getting submitted, maybe “Shot Clock”.

Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

This week’s top 5 on the Adult R&B Songs airplay chart:

1. @thegreatkhalid “Talk”
    2. @TasiasWord “Enough”
    3. @AndersonPaak ft. @smokeyrobinson “Make It Better”
    4. @RaphaelSaadiq ft. Rob Bacon “Something Keeps Calling”
    5. @ellamai “Trip”

Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

Khalid has been #1 for months here, And Fantasia has held steady at #2

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 406 total)

The topic ‘R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two’ is closed to new replies.