Home Forums Music R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two

R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 424 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
cheyenne lee
PoweR
Darren
  • PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Watch for Ari Lennox in both R&B Album and R&B Performance. I think “BMO” will be nominated in the latter. Her performances are becoming buzzier.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling that the committee will block Ella Mai in R&B Album.

Agreed. Ella Mai is very “last year” as well. They gave her a Grammy already for her biggest hit. She hasn’t exactly proven that she will be a lasting artist just yet (currently she’s a 2-hit wonder). “Trip” was big at the very beginning of this Grammy cycle so it could be forgotten or snubbed and her album wasn’t as acclaimed as her contemporaries such as H.E.R. or SZA. I wouldn’t be surprised if she received no nominations this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

Watch for Ari Lennox in both R&B Album and R&B Performance. I think “BMO” will be nominated in the latter. Her performances are becoming buzzier.

Am I the only one predicting her in BNA? I can see the R&B voters rallying for her.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  chem_x.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  chem_x.
    ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one predicting her in BNA?

I haven’t compiled my BNA list, but I can see it happening. She’s very Jorja Smith/H.E.R. this year I think.

ReplyCopy URL
    cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

Ari Lennox’s album came and went, it was here today and gone tomorrow. I see her getting nominated for Best R&B Performance for Shea Butter Baby (the song). R&B Album is probably more competitive than we give it credit, though that’s probably due to how relatively lowkey the potential nominees are. I can see a battle between veterans happening (Mariah’s Caution vs Raphael’s Jimmy Lee), which should be interesting since they both occupy different positions, musically speaking, within R&B.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  cheyenne lee.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  cheyenne lee.
    ReplyCopy URL
    chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t compiled my BNA list, but I can see it happening. She’s very Jorja Smith/H.E.R. this year I think.

Same. She’s been everywhere lately as you said.

I hope she doesn’t submit BMO for this cycle because I could see it becoming a top 40 hit. Very catchy and she has a fun personality to match the music.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

If Ari’s album came and went, then so did Mariah’s, which is not happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Mariah Carey is not winning R&B Album. She probably won’t even get nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

If Ari’s album came and went, then so did Mariah’s, which is not happening.

I’ll tell you what is happening: a lot of y’all are gonna be mad come November 20th.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know why you’re trying so hard to make this Mariah album happen. Or why you think the Grammys are going to be fawning over her when they’ve really never cared about her and she’s not even having a big year.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll tell you what is happening: a lot of y’all are gonna be mad come November 20th.

No one will be mad if Mariah gets nominated. You are the only one who feels passionately about her chances. You will be the one disappointed if she somehow misses.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

bum came and went, then so did Mariah’s, which is not happening.

Mariah’s album was 10X bigger and 10X more acclaimed.

Not to mention shes a bigger name check.

ReplyCopy URL
    cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know why you’re trying so hard to make this Mariah album happen. Or why you think the Grammys are going to be fawning over her when they’ve really never cared about her and she’s not even having a big year.

I personally want Raphael Saddiq to win but anyways. Just look at the critical discourse surrounding Caution. There’s no doubt that she’s flopping by her standards, but that’s beside the point. Critics called it her artistic comeback, and given that messy reality show and the NYE performance when she basically became a joke, there’s a potent narrative to a nomination. Her past relationship with the Grammys is irrelevant: Toni Braxton was snubbed for ten years straight before she was nominated again. I’m just saying…

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Mariah’s album was 10X bigger and 10X more acclaimed.

Not to mention shes a bigger name check.

Yeah, and Mariah’s old news. As in recent years, the Grammys have pushed for newer artists or veteran artists who have never gotten that buzz. Nobody’s going to remember Caution.

Ari Lennox is new and fresh and could be something the current Grammys go for. There’s been a light push for her in recent time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, and Mariah’s old news. As in recent years, the Grammys have pushed for newer artists or veteran artists who have never gotten that buzz. Nobody’s going to remember Caution.

Ari Lennox is new and fresh and could be something the current Grammys go for.

I mean Im predicting Ari to get nominations as well. I have her in BNA and R&B Perf/Song but to say that her album is bigger than Caution or more worthy of the nomination is false. In a perfect world, they both get in.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 424 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.