Home Forums Music R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two

R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 406 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +35 hidden )
replies
views
users
cheyenne lee
PoweR
Darren
  • JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Fantasia for R&B Performance.

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Fantasia is overdue for a Traditional win. That category was made for an artist like her.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Her label is persistent about labeling Lizzo a “rapper.” Wouldn’t submitting her to Pop go against that? She’s nominated for Album of the Year at the BET Hip Hop Awards, just like Bey/Jay-Z last year. I don’t see her going Rap, so Urban Contemporary is the most logical choice.

…and Black Eyed Peas’ label was persistent on labeling them “rappers” too, yet they’ve won a Pop Vocal Album Grammy. Plus Lizzo labels herself “pop” in the new Grammy Contenders issue of Billboard Magazine.

Once again, I think Lizzo SHOULD submit to Urban Contemporary Album (where she would win), but I actually think it would have a decent shot at winning in Pop Vocal Album as well… even up against Billie Eilish, since Lizzo is a more mature, established artist.

Either way, I do expect her label to submit SOMETHING to the R&B field wherever her album ends up being placed.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

…and Black Eyed Peas’ label was persistent on labeling them “rappers” too, yet they’ve won a Pop Vocal Album Grammy. Plus Lizzo labels herself “pop” in the new Grammy Contenders issue of Billboard Magazine.

Once again, I think Lizzo SHOULD submit to Urban Contemporary Album (where she would win), but I actually think it would have a decent shot at winning in Pop Vocal Album as well… even up against Billie Eilish, since Lizzo is a more mature, established artist.

Either way, I do expect her label to submit SOMETHING to the R&B field wherever her album ends up being placed.

Except BEP has won multiple Hip Hop Grammys and their albums would have only been able to compete in Pop Album because their albums were NOT Contemporary R&B nor straight up Rap anyway. Not sure that is a fair comparison, nor do I think Lizzo’s label is stupid enough to push her in pop or the committee will think her album is “Pop.” That album has R&B/Soul, Hip Hop and Pop – basically what Urban Contemporary is for.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

She would not win Pop Album, if submitted there. She’d risk losing a nomination.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo has Urban Contemporary already in her hand . Poor Solo 🙁 but I hope Solange wins something ……

#howrudeofme

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

She would not win Pop Album, if submitted there. She’d risk losing a nomination.

She would get nominated in Pop Album.

DenisDessy
    Participant
    Topics:

What about Chris brown

Dominique Deveraux
    Participant
    Topics:

Below are my six—yes, I know there are five, but the Recording Academy can make an exception this year—predicted nominees for Best Traditional R&B Performance (my favorite category), ranked based on who I feel is most deserving.

India.Arie – “Steady Love”

Miles Davis ft. Lalah Hathaway – “So Emotional”

Fantasia – “Enough”

Anderson .Paak ft. Smokey Robinson – “Make It Better”

Mariah Carey – “Portrait”

Raphael Saadiq ft. Rob Bacon – “Something Keeps Calling”

Who am I? You will find out soon enough. Ciao...for now!

blaze
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande has submitted “imagine” to R&B Song + R&B Performance

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande has submitted “imagine” to R&B Song + R&B Performance

It’s not getting nominated.

Gabriel Gomes
    Participant
    Topics:

I think “LOVE AGAIN” by Daniel Caesar and Brandy have some submissions

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Gabriel Gomes.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Gabriel Gomes.
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Praying that “imagine” gets an R&B nom. It’s a stunning performance and the lyrics are some of her best.

More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande + R&B field = Not Happening.

jadenpb
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m on the fence with ‘Imagine’. It could go either way depending on how the voters feel about a ‘popstar’ in an R&B category

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 406 total)

The topic ‘R&B Grammys 2020 – Part Two’ is closed to new replies.