Home Forums Music Rock/Alternative Predictions: 2023 GRAMMYs

Rock/Alternative Predictions: 2023 GRAMMYs

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 351 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
strangemercy
theexterminator
RatedRStarz

• strangemercy
    Topics:

I feel like Big Thief is being slightly overestimated here. All but one of their albums have missed Alt Album

This is a standout year for them. They may end up not winning both categories, but I would say they’re definitely getting nominated!

ReplyCopy URL

strangemercy
    Topics:

My thoughts are quite similar, but tweaked slightly. I think that Björk will be the only one nominated in both categories. Alternative Music Performance: Winner – Björk ft. Kasimyn, “Atopos” Runner Up – Arctic Monkeys, “There’d Better Be A Mirrorball” 3rd – Phoebe Bridgers, “Sidelines” 4th – Yeah Yeah Yeahs ft. Perfume Genius, “Spitting Off The Edge Of The World” 5th – Paramore, “This Is Why” Alternative Music Album: Winner – Björk, Fossora Runner Up – Big Thief, Dragon New Warm Mountain 3rd – The Smile, A Light for Attracting Attention 4th – Arcade Fire, We 5th – Wet Leg, Wet Leg

Nice! I’m really confident on Arctic Monkey’s nomination. The album release will endure There’d Better Be A Mirrorball’s nomination.

2024: Body Paint

ReplyCopy URL

strangemercy
    Topics:

Pre-Submissions Predictions | Alternative Field

Best Alternative Music Performance 

Unconditional I (Lookout Kid) (Arcade Fire)
    There’d Better Be A Mirrorball (Arctic Monkeys)
    Atopos (Björk feat. Kasimyn)
    Simulation Swarm (Big Thief)
    Spitting Off The Edge Of The World (Yeah Yeah Yeahs feat. Perfume Genius)

Best Alternative Music Album

We (Arcade Fire)
    Fossora (Björk)
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You (Big Thief)
    Dance Fever (Florence + the Machine)
    A Light For Attracting Attention (The Smile)

ReplyCopy URL

theexterminator
    Topics:

Arctic Monkeys, Florence, Phoebe, Bjork… Who will win their first Grammy?

ReplyCopy URL

theexterminator
    Topics:

Pre-Submissions Predictions | Alternative Field Best Alternative Music Performance Unconditional I (Lookout Kid) (Arcade Fire) – There’d Better Be A Mirrorball (Arctic Monkeys) – Atopos (Björk feat. Kasimyn) – Simulation Swarm (Big Thief) – Spitting Off The Edge Of The World (Yeah Yeah Yeahs feat. Perfume Genius) Best Alternative Music AlbumWe (Arcade Fire) – Fossora (Björk) – Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You (Big Thief) – Dance Fever (Florence + the Machine) – A Light For Attracting Attention (The Smile)

Dance Fever probably will be submitted for best pop album

ReplyCopy URL

strangemercy
    Topics:

Dance Fever probably will submitted for best pop album

Yeah, it might. But it would be a horrendous mistake. If submitted to pop, I’m counting Wet Leg in.

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Arctic Monkeys, Björk, Phoebe Bridgers, and Florence + the Machine are NOT winning their first Grammy this cycle.

ReplyCopy URL

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

I would love for Björk to finally win a long over due Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL

asystole
    Topics:

Thoughts on Paramore taking home “Best Rock Song” for “This Is Why?” They won in 2015 for “Ain’t It Fun,” so I think it’s definitely possible (plus it’s catchy and their first new song in half a decade).

ReplyCopy URL

strangemercy
    Topics:

Thoughts on Paramore taking home “Best Rock Song” for “This Is Why?” They won in 2015 for “Ain’t It Fun,” so I think it’s definitely possible (plus it’s catchy and their first new song in half a decade).

I’m not 100% sure of a nomination on the Rock Field. It would be amazing!

ReplyCopy URL

AuxPlayer
    Topics:

Saw some predictions include Maggie Rogers. I  think only “Want Want” has an Alternative sound to it. Would love to see her be nominated though!

ReplyCopy URL

strangemercy
    Topics:

Pre-Submissions Predictions | Rock Field

Best Rock Performance 

The Lightning II (Arcade Fire)
    Wild Child (The Black Keys)
    Call Me Miss Sunshine (Ghost)
    Black Summer (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
    Taking Me Back (Jack White)

Best Rock Song 

Black Summer (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
    Call Me Miss Sunshine (Ghost)
    Epiphany (Mammoth WVH)
    Taking Me Back (Jack White)
    This Is Why (Paramore)

Best Rock Album

Skinty Fia (Fontaines D.C.)
    Impera (Ghost)
    Unlimited Love (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
    I Don’t Live Here Anymore (The War On Drugs)
    Fear Of The Dawn (Jack White)

How are you guys feeling about Muse’s Will Of The People?

ReplyCopy URL

Radiogagahead
    Topics:

I’d wager that The War on Drugs are the frontrunner for Best Rock Album, Best Alt Album is between Björk and Big Thief, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs have a shot in the performance categories with “Spitting Off The Edge Of The World.” Would be really cool to see Mitski breakthrough there as well. And I’ll add Beach House’s name to the Alt Album conversation – though I know they have been repeatedly snubbed. Florence would be smart to submit to Alternative categories as well. Any of those would be pretty great winners!

I don’t see Arcade Fire really being a factor here…

ReplyCopy URL

strangemercy
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say The War On Drugs is the frontrunner. I’m not even 100% sure they’ll be nominated.

I am feeling a certain passion towards RHCP this awards season… I’m certain Black Summer is winning either Rock Performance, Rock Song or both. Don’t know how to feel about Unlimited Love, tho. I would really like to see Fontaines D.C. taking home Best Rock Album.

Spitting Off The Edge Of The World NEEDS to win Best Alternative Music Performance… It’s my favorite song of 2022 alongside BC,NR’s The Place Where He Inserted The Blade!

ReplyCopy URL

jarg
    Topics:

Pre-Submissions Predictions | Rock Field Best Rock Performance The Lightning II (Arcade Fire) – Wild Child (The Black Keys) – Call Me Miss Sunshine (Ghost) – Black Summer (Red Hot Chili Peppers) – Taking Me Back (Jack White) Best Rock Song Black Summer (Red Hot Chili Peppers) – Call Me Miss Sunshine (Ghost) – Epiphany (Mammoth WVH) – Taking Me Back (Jack White) – This Is Why (Paramore) Best Rock AlbumSkinty Fia (Fontaines D.C.) – Impera (Ghost) – Unlimited Love (Red Hot Chili Peppers) – I Don’t Live Here Anymore (The War On Drugs) – Fear Of The Dawn (Jack White) How are you guys feeling about Muse’s Will Of The People?

if artists can submit 2 songs for the same category, then i think ghost will also submit mary on a cross considering its recent success, idk whether a nom will happen for that tho

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 351 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.