Home Forums Music Rock/Alternative Predictions: 2023 GRAMMYs

Rock/Alternative Predictions: 2023 GRAMMYs

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
strangemercy
theexterminator
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

“Spitting Off the Edge of the World” – Yeah Yeah Yeahs feat. Perfume Genius is so good! Looking forward to their next record, it may be a Best Alt. Music Album nominee.

Current Predictions 

– “A Light For Attracting Attention”, The Smile

– “Dance Fever”, Florence + The Machine

– “Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You”, Big Thief

– “WE”, Arcade Fire

– “Cool It Down”, Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Arctic Monkeys / Björk /Caroline Polachek / Mitski / Snail Mail

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

I think this is the year Florence Welch wins her first Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Carolina Polacheck needs to get nominated in rock song. Billions is gorgeous.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Would love to see Black Country New Road win some Grammys. Personally I hope to see them in BNA (and hopefully win). They are definitely one of the most promising new indie bands currently out the UK.

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

Carolina Polacheck needs to get nominated in rock song. Billions is gorgeous.

Caroline could get a Best New Artist nomination if her new album is released this summer, but it probably won’t happen (unfortunately). Bunny Is A Rider and Billions are amazing. She may get nominated if Flume submits their collaboration, tho.

Would love to see Black Country New Road win some Grammys. Personally I hope to see them in BNA (and hopefully win). They are definitely one of the most promising new indie bands currently out the UK.

I’m predicting nominations for Best New Artist and Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical. Honestly, there’s no popular rising singer around, so if they end up awarding a non-mainstream artist, it NEEDS to be BC,NR. The Place Where He Inserted The Blade is probably my favorite 2022 song so far!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Caroline could get a Best New Artist nomination if her new album is released this summer, but it probably won’t happen (unfortunately). Bunny Is A Rider and Billions are amazing. She may get nominated if Flume submits their collaboration, tho.

She has decent critical acclaim (Billions got BNT from Pitchfork) but she’s still very niche. If her label promoted her a bit or she got some tiktok virality then this could have been an easy BNA nom. The year is extremely weak for BNA and there’s like ten slots.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Bite Me – Avril Lavigne

Best Rock Song

Skin Of My Teeth, Holy Fvck – Demi Lovato

Best Rock Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

No way Demi Lovato is happening in rock field. If Miley Cyrus didn’t happen after months of performing rock songs in collaborations with important artists from rock industry, Demi has no chance. Avril neither I think.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

I’m a Demi fan but that album is going to flop big time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

The new Best Alternative Music Perfomance category is great. I personally saw that coming after last year’s Rock nominees. King by Florence + The Machine and Simulation Swarm by Big Thief are definitely locks, in my opinion. Free In The Knowledge by The Smile, Spitting Off The Edge Of The World by Yeah Yeah Yeahs feat. Perfume Genius and Unconditional I (Lookout Kid) by Arcade Fire could also be nominated. This category should also include artists never nominated for their performances before: Moderation by Cate Le Bon, The Only Heartbreaker by Mitski and Want Want by Maggie Roggers.

I’m also predicting that Snail Mail submits to Alternative and The War On Drugs to Rock, but I am not entirely sure. What do you guys think?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

It’s definitely a good thing they added this since they began limiting the amount of fields you can vote in to just 3 (besides GF) since Alt just had one category

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

Also, Lana Del Rey NEEDS to submit a song from Blue Banisters to Best Alt. Music Performance. Dealer or Thunder would be great, but she will end up with Arcadia 🤣.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Also, Lana Del Rey NEEDS to submit a song from Blue Banisters to Best Alt. Music Performance. Dealer or Thunder would be great, but she will end up with Arcadia 🤣.

God, not Arcadia. That song is a snooze fest. She should submit thunder/dealer/title track – all fan favs and with some acclaim. In the COTCC era, white dress would have been an AMAZING alt performance contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

I don’t think she will be nominated if she submits Arcadia. Anyway, White Dress would be a perfect contender alongside Japanese Breakfast’s Be Sweet, St. Vincent’s Pay Your Way In Pain and Bleachers’ Stop Making This Hurt. What a dream!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.