Home Forums Music Rock/Alternative Predictions: 2023 GRAMMYs

Rock/Alternative Predictions: 2023 GRAMMYs

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 114 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
strangemercy
Boz
theexterminator
  • Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

Same. Call Me Miss Sunshine will probably get a nomination alongside Red Hot Chilli Pepper’s Black Summer and Jack White’s Taking Me Back (and probably The Black Key’s Wild Child).

I also have a feeling that Arcade Fire is on their way to get a lot nominations: The Lightning II – Best Rock Perfomance, Best Rock Song; WE – Album Of The Year, Best Alternative Music Album; Unconditional I (Lookout Kid) – Best Alternative Music Perfomance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Panama Papers
    Topics:

What are your choices for rock performance? Metal performance is too crowded (Korn, Ozzy Osbourne feat Jeff Beck, Muse, Rammstein, Megadeth, Dream Widow (Dave Grohl), Meshuggah, I Prevail, Lamb of God, Mastodon) so I can see Ghost submitting to rock

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dream widow won.

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Arcade Fire deserves their second Grammy for Best Rock Performance with The Lightning I,II. They are on a position in the genre spectrum which allows them to submit in Alternative, Rock AND even Pop.

• Album of the Year – WE
    • Alternative Music Album – WE
    • Rock Performance – The Lightning
    • Rock Song – The Lightning
    • Alternative Music Performance – Age of Anxiety

Lookout Kid is doing well on Alternative Radio, but it’s just not Grammy material.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

I guess they’ll submit it. It has a music video, it’s doing great on the radio and it’s probably the best song off the album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I wanna go against everyone here and say Arcade Fire is not winning in Alternative. The Suburbs lost album even though they won AOTY. I feel like it’s going to Big Thief this time around for some reason, especially since this album is being praised everywhere.

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I forgot about The Smile. The Smile and Big Thief are more likely to win than Arcade Fire. Bookmark me. 

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

I personally didn’t say they were going to win, I said they’re definitely going to score some nominations. I guess this is Big Thief’s year 🤪 and I’m here for it!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Two things about Arcade Fire is that they will be namechecked Best Alternative Music Album, and that they will lose. But they’re so early on the ballot they could sneak into the General Field and Best Music Video. AC/DC was likely in the top 15 for AOTY & ROTY last year.

Now that they’re between Adele & Beyoncé’s names? Everyone will see Arcade Fire in the ballot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

I totally agree with you! However, I don’t think Unconditional I (Lookout Kid) will be nominated for BMV. If The Lightning was not a double music video, I would also be counting on that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    shivroy
    Topics:

I really hope Florence submits Dance Fever into Alternative (enough of it is rock-y/weird that hopefully it’ll get accepted there), agreed with the other posters who think that if she does she could be a lock. In 2016 What Kind of Man got into rock and Ship to Wreck got into pop, could see that maybe happening again with King and My Love/Free (at least in terms of where they end up getting submitted).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tommylindsey
    Topics:

The alternative music album is looking really competitive now. I just really want to see Black Country New Road & The Smile get their nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Big Thief really deserve but I did not mind Arcade Fire at all, very Bowie-esque album sound I have to say

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    percy
    Topics:

What do you guys think about coldplay’s people of the pride for best rock song and best rock performance 

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

Alternative is likely going to be The Smile. It’s a fresh way to reward a 3-time winner, Radiohead. Big Thief are a close second. I’d say Arcade Fire are in. If Florence submits here, I think she could get nominated, but she doesn’t really have the Grammy fan-base that the others have. Big Thief got nominated when they were barely known, Radiohead won 3 times, Arcade Fire have that AOTY and got nominated for lesser quality albums. I think she’ll submit to pop like usual. I think the band that could swoop in and surprise is the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. They are definitely overdue and that first single points to a really classic YYY album.

The Smile
    Big Thief
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Arcade Fire
    ____
    James Blake / Mitski / Florence + the Machine

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    shivroy
    Topics:

Alternative is likely going to be The Smile. It’s a fresh way to reward a 3-time winner, Radiohead. Big Thief are a close second. I’d say Arcade Fire are in. If Florence submits here, I think she could get nominated, but she doesn’t really have the Grammy fan-base that the others have. Big Thief got nominated when they were barely known, Radiohead won 3 times, Arcade Fire have that AOTY and got nominated for lesser quality albums. I think she’ll submit to pop like usual. I think the band that could swoop in and surprise is the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. They are definitely overdue and that first single points to a really classic YYY album. The Smile Big Thief Yeah Yeah Yeahs Arcade Fire ____ James Blake / Mitski / Florence + the Machine

Florence has been nominated 8 times in rock/pop/general field categories, so I think it’s weird to count her out so quickly or say she has less of a ‘Grammy fan-base’ than Big Thief or that she will only submit to pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.