December 12, 2016 at 12:56 pm #1201967738
Who do you think will take it?December 12, 2016 at 12:58 pm #1201967739
I’m going with “Blackstar.” David Bowie will sweep the entire rock field.December 12, 2016 at 1:11 pm #1201967744
Beyoncé’s nomination here is a joke. She & Jack White aren’t winning. Disturbed is out. While Alabama Shakes won this category last year, they’ll sit this one out. The race is between Twenty One Pilots, who scored multiple nominations and David Bowie, a veteran who passed away this year. Since Bowie was snubbed in the General field, he will get his due here.
SHOULD WIN; David Bowie, “Blackstar’
WILL WIN; David Bowie, ” Blackstar”December 12, 2016 at 2:01 pm #1201967769
Yes, this is Bowie’s to lose.December 12, 2016 at 3:32 pm #1201967806
I’m thinking Bowie will take, although I wouldn’t count out DHY. Jack White is featured on it and he is a Grammy darling.December 13, 2016 at 9:12 am #1201968386
5. Disturbed – The Sound Of Silence (Live On Conan)
4. Alabama Shakes – Joe (Live From Austin City Limits)
^^i don’t think those two have big chances to win as those are their sole nominations this year and the winner here usually has more nominations in other categories.
3. Beyonce ft. Jack White – Don’t Hurt Yourself
2. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
^^those are out, as the winner here usually has a nomination in either Rock Album or Alternative Album*, so that leaves…
1. David Bowie – Blackstar
* but if the nominee peaked in the top 10 on Billboard Hot 100, it’s their automatic winner (Imagine Dragons – Radioactive won against Jack White, Alabama Shakes, Led Zeppelin, Queens Of the Stone Age & David Bowie, while Paramore – Ain’t It Fun won against Ryan Adams, Beck, The Black Keys & Jack White in Rock Song 2 years ago).January 23, 2017 at 2:26 pm #1201993185
5. Alabama Shakes – “Joe”
4. Disturbed – “The Sound of Silence”
• Live performances rarely do well unless it’s a monster hit. Sole nominations have never won here either
3. Beyoncé & Jack White – “Don’t Hurt Yourself”
2. Twenty One Pilots – “Heathens”
• RoTY nominees tend to take this (Lonely Boy, Radioactive) and top tens (Radioavtive, Ain’t It Fun in Rock Song)
1. David Bowie – “Blackstar”
• Recently passed veteran with one of the best albums of the year nominated for all rock categories and seen as a snub in general field (being only area to award him).
Should Win: Lazarus
Will Win: Lazarus
Spoiler: HeathensJanuary 23, 2017 at 3:59 pm #1201993267This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.January 23, 2017 at 4:29 pm #1201993281
I’m still really upset that Bowie’s label submitted “Blackstar” instead of “Lazarus”January 23, 2017 at 7:21 pm #1201993354
They did Bowie terribly this year. He deserves it 100%.January 23, 2017 at 8:22 pm #1201993368
Just because David Bowie did not receive General field nominations (ROTY, AOTY, SOTY), does not mean NARAS dislikes him. I don’t know how the hell someone came up with that theory.January 24, 2017 at 10:06 am #1201994198
We don’t mean that they LITERALLY hate Bowie. But when you start to see that they’re giving more nominations given to Drake and JUSTIN BIEBER (Both albums were ok but nothing special), you kind of question the Grammys a little. I thought we were awarding the best and the greatest in music, not whoever is on the Top 40 charts.January 24, 2017 at 2:54 pm #1201994431This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.January 24, 2017 at 6:07 pm #1201994535
But giving Bowie consolation prizes for his swan song would be a great way to make up for their past injustices.
Beyoncé will win in other categories. Alabama Shakes are here due to residual love from last year. Twenty One Pilots may be too lightweight to beat the competition this year. I can’t see Disturbed winning for a Conan live performance.
So, Bowie it is and it would be quite deserving.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.