Home Forums Music Rolling Stone : The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time

Rolling Stone : The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
LOVC
arodfan
theexterminator
  • Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

They coulda kept this. I’m cool with ranking albums of all time. But this list just comes off like clickbait.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Now why’d they pick a song that isn’t even in the top half of Lorde’s discography…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

Why is Gasolina in the top 50? I like the song, but there’s no way it should even be close to that ranking, or even on the list.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Strange Fruit had the actual world-changing impact Imagine only WISHES it could

Message #genreal

My Favourite Albums

Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Insides - SOPHIE

Hounds of Love - Kate Bush

Since I Left You - The Avalanches

Twin Fantasy - Car Seat Headrest

Vespertine - Bjork

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

Now why’d they pick a song that isn’t even in the top half of Lorde’s discography…

These lists are not just about quality, they are about status and influence. Royals is one of the most influential pop songs of the last decade, it was one of the first pop songs that mixed minimalist production, slow tempo and a key that was not major.

All these are qualities that have become more and more common in pop music after the release of this song, so if personally I would have preferred to see Liability in terms of quality, I understand that they chose Royal for its importance in redefining 2010s pop music.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

Why is Gasolina in the top 50? I like the song, but there’s no way it should even be close to that ranking.

Similar as with Royals, Gasolina gains its place by influence, Latin music of the first half of the 2000s was dominated by Pop, Rock and tropical music, it was not but thanks to the resounding success of Gasolina that Latin music has become seen dominated by urban music since then, it is the first Reggaeton song to gain recognition throughout Latin America and even in the United States.

The constant appearance of artists like Bad Bunny on the Billboard Hot 100 charts that we see today can be traced to the success of Gasolina

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

And stop putting Hey Ya as the OutKast’s best song. I can accept B.O.B but tons of songs on ATLiens and Aquemini are better than Hey Ya.

Very true. B.O.B, International Players Anthem(I Choose You), Rosa Parks, and even a more mainstream track like Ms. Jackson as well are all better songs. Hey Ya is a great song, and it did have a lot of cultural impact, but the only reason it’s ranked higher is because it’s their most mainstream-friendly hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

. Similar as with Royals, Gasolina gains its place by influence, Latin music of the first half of the 2000s was dominated by Pop, Rock and tropical music, it was not but thanks to the resounding success of Gasolina that Latin music has become seen dominated by urban music since then, it is the first Reggaeton song to gain recognition throughout Latin America and even in the United States. The constant appearance of artists like Bad Bunny on the Billboard Hot 100 charts that we see today can be traced to the success of Gasolina

I see, but I still wouldn’t put it in the top 50.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, you can tell white people created this list.  YUCK! 🤢

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Their Albums list is so much better lol. Thank U Next was ranked too high imo. There was little Mariah and Janet . Old Town Road shouldn’t touched the list tbh …..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

No WAP?..

E X A C T L Y !

Also, call me blind but I don’t think I saw either version of “I Will Always Love You.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Respect by Aretha Franklin should have received a Record of the Year nomination and I would have been happy with a win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

E X A C T L Y !

Also, call me blind but I don’t think I saw either version of “I Will Always Love You.”

Whitney’s version is on there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

E X A C T L Y !

94. Whitney Houston, ‘I Will Always Love You’ 1992

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.