Home Forums Music Taylor Swift Thread

Taylor Swift Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 817 total)
Created
8 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Final2
setfiretorain
mikeboy898
  • Profile picture
    ChristopherK
    Topics:

Whenever I like 5 or more songs on an album, I find it a
    success. This is a success. I’ve always liked Swift and have many of her songs.

This album shows a lot of growth and a successful transition from country-pop
    to straight up pop.

My Favorite tracks:
    Blank Space – Perfection!  Love everything about it
    Style – wonderful 80’s/90’s sounding fun song
    Bad Blood – fantastic sing as loud as you can song
    Wildest Dreams – ethereal and to me romantic
    This Love – A grown ballad
    Wonderland – very catchy but it would fit one of her earlier album better
    You Are In Love – gorgeous ballad
    I Know Places – love the Alter. feel of the song

OK tracks
    All You Had To Do Was Stay – fine pop song but one I know will be forgotten
    about after a while
    Shake It Off – perfect choice for 1st single – so catchy and a huge smash but 5
    years from now, it will just be played in random plays
    I Wish You Would – lyrics and vocals were fine, hated the music
    Clean – nice track but like All You Had, it’s a bit forgettable

DIDN’T LIKE / HATED
    Welcome to NY – music was horrible – could have been better done
    Out of the Woods – the only track I absolutely HATED
    How to get the Girl – very juvenile, sounds like it would be from her first
    album
    New Romantics – not bad per say, just not into. Sounded like mediocre 80’s

Profile picture
    st_jimmy
    Topics:

I’m never been a huge fan, but never a hater of Taylor but after reading some of her interviews for this album it’s amazing how aware and smart she is. She’s very self aware of not only herself but how the music business works as well. She’s in this for the long haul. 

Also, “Out of the Woods” needs to be the third single. It’s pop perfection, and I think this could gain her new fans. With alternative and pop continuing to merge closer I could see this even getting a few spins on alternative stations. The pop station played it tonight and it sounds great in the car. 

Profile picture
    Radiogagahead
    Topics:

I hope she releases “Bad Blood” and/or “Out of the Woods” after “Blank Space.”

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

I have a good feeling she’ll go for “Out of the Woods” after “Blank Space,” and those are three killer singles in a row. “Blank Space” will smash going into the new year with “OOTW” in the spring, so she’ll need to put out a summer single for the fourth, I’m assuming. I know that’s thinking WAY in advance, but I’m thinking maybe “Style” or “Bad Blood” would be the best songs to hit in the summer. She’ll also be touring starting in late May until October, so she’ll need strong songs that may need to rely on not having her do intense promo.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

Taylor’s bringing Vance Joy on tour next year.

Profile picture
    Renaton
    Topics:

Would she release Out Of The Woods as a single since she made it available before the album was released though? Isn’t it considered to be a promo single already? I thought it was.

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

I heard that Big Machine has taken out all of her albums from Spotify. They have a valid point, but they are expecting too much from her very young audience. Streaming is the new way people consume music…to fight this change is a waste of time and will hurt her long-term sales.

Whats next? Shutting down her Vevo account and make it so they can only watch these videos through purchasing it from iTunes? Big Machine needs to stop being selfish and adapt with the times 

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

I heard that Big Machine has taken out all of her albums from Spotify. They have a valid point, but they are expecting too much from her very young audience. Streaming is the new way people consume music…to fight this change is a waste of time and will hurt her long-term sales.

Whats next? Shutting down her Vevo account and make it so they can only watch these videos through purchasing it from iTunes? Big Machine needs to stop being selfish and adapt with the times 

I heard its a marketing plan for her label who has plans to sell itself for a ridiculous amount. Taylor only has one more album on her original contract. But she really doesn’t need streaming all of her music sells very well and already has a established fan base. She believes music shouldn’t be free.

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

[quote=”smurty11″]I heard that Big Machine has taken out all of her albums from Spotify. They have a valid point, but they are expecting too much from her very young audience. Streaming is the new way people consume music…to fight this change is a waste of time and will hurt her long-term sales.

I heard its a marketing plan for her label who has plans to sell itself for a ridiculous amount. Taylor only has one more album on her original contract. But she really doesn’t need streaming all of her music sells very well and already has a established fan base. She believes music shouldn’t be free.[/quote]
    Man. they really want her to beat Britney’s first week sales… 

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

Would she release Out Of The Woods as a single since she made it available before the album was released though? Isn’t it considered to be a promo single already? I thought it was.

That doesn’t mean it can’t be a single in the future. “I Knew You Were Trouble” was a promo single that went on to be the second single off of “Red.” Other artists like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga have released promo singles as actual singles later on in their album’s run.  

Profile picture
    james14
    Topics:

Is there a chance “Blank Space” hits the Billboard Hot 100 top ten this week from sales as well?  Sales have been fairly strong for the single, which set at #2 most of the week on the ITunes chart.  I would anticipate at least a top twenty debut (similar to “Out of the Woods”), but think it may even make it close to the top ten.

Crazy impressive week for Swift – glad to see her album selling well. 

Profile picture
    mikeboy898
    Topics:

This is Taylor’s world and we’re all just little minions living in it. This past week has absolutely proven this.

“Blank Spaces” is a perfect choice for the 2nd single. I’m sure “Out of the Woods” will be a 3rd or 4th single because of how much of a fan-favorite it is. I bet her label already chose “Blank Spaces” as the 2nd single before “Out of the Woods” was even released as a promo. I also see “Bad Blood” as an obvious 3rd or 4th single, as well as “Style” next Spring or summer and “How to Get the Girl”

And YES, Vance Joy as her tour opener! Saw him live last week and he is stellar. He better be prepared for an onslaught of new listeners. Great news for his camp.

Profile picture
    Troy
    Topics:

Man, love her or hate her, you have to give props to Taylor.  She IS the biggest thing in the industry and her popularity seems to just keep growing.   Selling over 1.3 million is no small feat.   And she did it with no gimmicks.  No surprise release.  Just the music and her personality at the helm.   Morever, she took a huge risk with this album in alienating her country fans, but even they seem to be embracing her new direction.    

On a side note, “Style” is really growing on me.  It has such a nostalic feel to it. 

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

Billboard is reporting a first week sales total of 1.287 million: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6304536/official-taylor-swifts-1989-debuts-with-1287-million-sold-in

The article lists all of the accomplishments that come with this debut, but needless to say…WOW. The “1989” era is just starting. 

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

On top of that Blank Space is #1 on Itunes.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 817 total)

The topic ‘Taylor Swift Thread’ is closed to new replies.