Home Forums Music Taylor Swift Thread

Taylor Swift Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 817 total)
Created
7 years ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Final2
setfiretorain
mikeboy898
  • Profile picture
    jamesgray
    Topics:

Woof just caught the Out of the Woods video and what a fucking mess.

Profile picture
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Topics:

I expected something way better than that, the video is just Taylor doing random sh*t and a lot of cr*ppy vfx messing with the beautiful New Zealand landscape.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

The video has gotten rave reviews from critics, I agree on the cgi but the scenery is beautiful and even though the meaning is hard to understand I kinda get it. Her fake running through needs work.

Profile picture
    st_jimmy
    Topics:

Visually this video looks great (as have all the videos for the album), but conceptually it’s disappointing. Not that I was expecting much, but the song itself created a lot of potential for a great video. I was sort of hoping for something actually 80s themed. For her going on and on at the beginning of the era about this being 80s influenced, there’s really not much 80s influence at all other than a few songs off the album. Either way, OOTW still sounds good on the radio.

Profile picture
    setfiretorain
    Topics:

Like how the music video of Style belonged to Wildest Dreams, the music video for OOTW’s belongs to I Know Places… This was a bad single choice because it was already released as a promo single and people are bored already. She only chose this because it’s the only song she can sing well live from 1989 and the Grammys are coming.. I called her singing this at the grammys back when they released a live acoustic vid of this on their youtube page.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, that “Out Of The Woods” video is a hot ass mess.  Barf!

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Awful video. Joseph Kahn has been a hacky director for a long time now.

Profile picture
    jamesgray
    Topics:

Awful video. Joseph Kahn has been a hacky director for a long time now.

Completely agree — he hasn’t made a great video since the early 2000’s, and his work with Swift recently solidifies it. Don’t understand why huge pop stars continue to use him when they could get literally anyone else with a fresher take on the genre.

Profile picture
    youngsoo1313
    Topics:

Visually this video looks great (as have all the videos for the album), but conceptually it’s disappointing. Not that I was expecting much, but the song itself created a lot of potential for a great video. I was sort of hoping for something actually 80s themed. For her going on and on at the beginning of the era about this being 80s influenced, there’s really not much 80s influence at all other than a few songs off the album. Either way, OOTW still sounds good on the radio.

I totally agree with you, OOTW is the best song off 1989 and I was also hoping for something 80s-themed. However, almost all the songs off the album have some sort of 80s influence. And the artwork and all those polaroids are definitely 80s. “Welcome to New York” does not sound like it was recorded in 2014.

“Out of the Woods” takes place in her ex-boyfriends’ apartment and it involves a polaroid, a necklace, the furniture… She could have done something with those images. Instead she choose to spent millions of dollars and run around like crazy in “the woods”. The video contains more references to her songs “I Know Places” and “Clean” than to this song.

Anyways, I think Taylor Swift should start working with someone else for her videos. Almost all her videos are crap and meaningless. The only two videos that actually had something to do with the song are “You Belong with Me” and “I Knew You Were Trouble”.

I mean look how dreadful it was to shoot “Wildest Dreams” in Africa depicting wild animals just because she says “wildest”? And what about that Gap commercial and Black Swam-wannabe from “Shake It Off”?

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

Well Shake It Off is about making fun of herself and I thought the Video for Blank Space was amazing. Bad Blood was what it was a million dollar video just for the sake of big debut. I’m not really a fan of OOTW video I was expecting something different but it really was a pretty video it just don’t match the song. I just can’t wait to see what she’ll put out next. “1989” was one hell of a ride.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

Taylor performed two additional acoustic songs at the Grammy Museum last year along with “Out Of The Wood”. “Wildest Dreams” and “Blank Space” where both performed and released this week. In other news Taylor won two Peoples Choice Awards last night for Best Female Artist and Best Pop Artist.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:
    Final2
    Topics:

“Out Of The Woods” isn’t performing as well on the digital front sticking in the 50s on ITunes but on the Radio side of things it’s jumped from No.47 to No.25 with 2451 spins added from last week. If that’s stays like it is “1989” will get its 6th No.1 on pop radio and will tie “Teenage Dream” for most No.1 from the same album and the 1st to do so before it was eligible for the Grammys. Currently “1989” is the second album to get 5 No.1s after “Teenage Dream”.

Profile picture
    setfiretorain
    Topics:

Taylor Should let 1989 die off. It’s run it’s course…… Selena Gomez is on her way to beating Taylor on Instagram for most followers as well… And seeing as Adele has broken most of her records. Yikes.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

Taylor Should let 1989 die off. It’s run it’s course…… Selena Gomez is on her way to beating Taylor on Instagram for most followers as well… And seeing as Adele has broken most of her records. Yikes.

This comment made me lose all credibility in you.

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 817 total)

The topic ‘Taylor Swift Thread’ is closed to new replies.