Home Forums Music Taylor Swift Thread

Taylor Swift Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 817 total)
Created
7 years ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Final2
setfiretorain
mikeboy898
  • Profile picture
    Ryan2012
    Topics:

[quote=”Ryan2012″]

Adele is not winning AOTY next year.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

If Taylor won for 1989, which sold less than 10 mill, Adele (which has already sold 15 mill in less time), will win. It seems in the end, Grammys is a popularity contest, and combined with critical acclaim, Adele WILL win. You mad that she’s going to be the second female to be on Taylor’s level (if not higher, since you know, she’ll sweep the general categories AGAIN). Stay mad 
    [/quote]

Mad? I am not mad, but that album is bad. It’s a snoozefest. And this is the Grammys, not Billboard. Plenty of AOTY winners had low numbers. So tuck your micro ween back between your thighs and calm down.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, next thing you know, Taylor Swift will win an Academy Award.  This madness has got to stop.  Selling five million records and having a few #1 hit singles, does NOT make an album the “best” of the year.  Yuck!

Profile picture
    Ryan2012
    Topics:

She wlll definitely win an Oscar before Stinka. How we laughed our asses off throughout Burlesque. I am laughuing now even thinking about it. #orangeyaglad

Profile picture
    setfiretorain
    Topics:

Honey, next thing you know, Taylor Swift will win an Academy Award.  This madness has got to stop.  Selling five million records and having a few #1 hit singles, does NOT make an album the “best” of the year.  Yuck!

Oscars at least have some kind of prestige left still, unlike the Grammys. They didn’t even nominate Taylor’s 2 songs (though 1 didn’t meet the requirements), but Golden Globes did. Even the Globes didn’t like her music, because she lost both times (back to back). She isn’t going to win an Oscar in a long time, if ever. And past winners have a little thing called vocal range. Adele and Gaga can sing, Taylor can’t really.

Profile picture
    setfiretorain
    Topics:

[quote=”SahmeZarakian”]

[quote=”Ryan2012″]

Adele is not winning AOTY next year.

If Taylor won for 1989, which sold less than 10 mill, Adele (which has already sold 15 mill in less time), will win. It seems in the end, Grammys is a popularity contest, and combined with critical acclaim, Adele WILL win. You mad that she’s going to be the second female to be on Taylor’s level (if not higher, since you know, she’ll sweep the general categories AGAIN). Stay mad 
    [/quote]

Mad? I am not mad, but that album is bad. It’s a snoozefest. And this is the Grammys, not Billboard. Plenty of AOTY winners had low numbers. So tuck your micro ween back between your thighs and calm down.
    [/quote]
    Childish and pathetic “comeback”. You sure are a #Swiftie. Will it take another album for you all to grow up? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Profile picture
    Ryan2012
    Topics:

Just truth, sorry about your hurt butt. Btw, I think I own 2 Swift albums. So hardly a #swiftie. But nice try. 

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    setfiretorain
    Topics:

It’s rich to call someone “childish” while starting an Internet flamewar involving such mature phrases as “you mad,” “on Taylor’s level,” “stay mad,” “a little thing called,” and “#Swiftie.” 

Penis jokes are a whole nother level of childish. Again, you mad? 

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    WildforFilm
    Topics:

Very happy that Taylor won AOTY! I find it very impressive for an album to have 6 hits released on the radio. Go Taylor!

Profile picture
    KristopherRod
    Topics:

Well, Taylor is releasing New Romantics as a single. I’m happy and a bit like huh? Like I’ve wanted it to be a single since I first heard it, but I think it’s a little too late at this point to be releasing singles. Whatever, I’ll enjoy it as it comes.

Profile picture
    youngsoo1313
    Topics:

Well, Taylor is releasing New Romantics as a single. I’m happy and a bit like huh? Like I’ve wanted it to be a single since I first heard it, but I think it’s a little too late at this point to be releasing singles. Whatever, I’ll enjoy it as it comes.

It’s a smart choice actually. I mean, radios would had been playing tracks from 1989 since Shake It Off came out in the summer of 2014. It’s a way to get even heavier airplay while promoting a “new” song, more billboard hits, and most people buy/download/stream singles than full albums.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Fantastic decision and a great song. This is smart. NR is a song from the deluxe version of 1989 so I can see it performing well.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    Jade
    Topics:

I did not expect another single from 1989. I could see “New Romantics” doing well, it’s very radio-friendly.

Profile picture
    SkyLight
    Topics:

I hope she shoots a proper video and not just use footage from her tour

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 817 total)

The topic ‘Taylor Swift Thread’ is closed to new replies.