Home Forums Music Taylor Swift Thread

Taylor Swift Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 817 total)
Created
7 years ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Final2
setfiretorain
mikeboy898
  • Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

[quote=”Final2″]

[quote=”SahmeZarakian”]

“The best people in life are free” but I’m gunna charge ya’ll money to see my music video. This entire era just keeps tarnishing her legacy of being so “connected” and nice to fans. Such a slap in the face.. and how convenient, 3 months after the free trial is over for many fans since the world tour release. She’s putting business over fans, and that is a recipe for disaster.

7 days later it’s on Vevo so…….
    [/quote]
    Doesn’t change the fact that she’s making people pay $10 to see old tour video clips.. I’m just done arguing with a delusional TS stalker. Goodbye.
    [/quote]

But it’s free….

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

Taylor said to Vouge for her Met Gala Co-Chair in May that this is the first time in 10 years that she can relax. The whole interview was about laying low and just relaxing so possibly we might not be getting a new single later this year. She also dyed her hair which she’s never done.

Profile picture
    romit98
    Topics:

She really shouldn’t have released 7 singles chart off of 1989. No one does that. Katy Perry also only released 6 from Teenage Dream. Taylor now needs to disappear from the public eye for at least a full year. Also, everything about New Romantics is horrible. It does the entire album and all the fans a disservice. After listening to New Romantics , I couldn’t comprehend how 1989 won Album of the Year.

Profile picture
    Nick
    Topics:

Fuck this song. 1989 winning was absolutely horrible and everyone knows it was because she campaigned her ass off and because she was the more popular vote. This simple ass hoe could put out “My Ass is Flat, Like My Soundtrack” or sing the damn Barney song and still get a SOTY/ROTY/AOTY nomination for it. Watch her put a song out at the end of the year that gets popular enough to get a fucking nomination.

Profile picture
    Nick
    Topics:

And you fanboys are probably more irritating than her autotune, greedy ass. So oversensitive towards anyone who doesn’t like this girl. Yes, dive into her and stick to those walls but that has more space than Blank Space. The only nice thing I’ll say to y’all is that you’re more tame than Ariana Grande stans.

Profile picture
    jamesgray
    Topics:

You know what I would actually love to see Taylor do, which I think would earn her mucho respect and my own personal nod of approval? (putting this here because, really, would any of us be surprised if FInal2 ended up actually *being* Taylor herself?): make an album that is entirely executed with female artists.

Only female writers like Tegan and Sara, Sia, Caroline Polachek, and Imogen Heap (again). Only female producers like Grimes, Shura, and Kara DioGuardi. Only female mixers, engineers, etc. People outside of her comfort zone like Sylvia Massy. Hell, get legends like Carole King in there. A completely woman-made album. She has the power, she has the money, she has the connections. This would be such an amazing feat that would work as both a genius PR move (her number one priority) and also make a strong musical statement (her second priority).

She got a shit ton of flack on social media for winning AOTY and coming up on stage with only men, so this would be the perfect passive aggressive, Taylor-esque clap back to that criticism. It’s a no-brainer.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

You know what I would actually love to see Taylor do, which I think would earn her mucho respect and my own personal nod of approval? (putting this here because, really, would any of us be surprised if FInal2 ended up actually *being* Taylor herself?): make an album that is entirely executed with female artists.

Only female writers like Tegan and Sara, Sia, Caroline Polachek, and Imogen Heap (again). Only female producers like Grimes, Shura, and Kara DioGuardi. Only female mixers, engineers, etc. People outside of her comfort zone like Sylvia Massy. Hell, get legends like Carole King in there. A completely woman-made album. She has the power, she has the money, she has the connections. This would be such an amazing feat that would work as both a genius PR move (her number one priority) and also make a strong musical statement (her second priority).

She got a shit ton of flack on social media for winning AOTY and coming up on stage with only men, so this would be the perfect passive aggressive, Taylor-esque clap back to that criticism. It’s a no-brainer.

Great idea her sonic techniques would go great with like Kara and Imogen. Would love the for her to help break some fermale engineers, masterers and mixers.  

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

Using only female Producers, Artist, Mixers etc. Is kinda sexist. She should be more concerned with making the best album rather than make the best PC album. She really hit her stride working with Max Martin and she’ll probably work with Jack Antonoff. Also she’ll probably always work with Nathan Chapman who she’s work with on every album.

Profile picture
    jamesgray
    Topics:

Oh sweetie, you need to read a book. Things can’t be “sexist” when they hold up and support the underrepresented and disenfranchised sex (aka women) — just like things like affirmative action aren’t racist because “race” is a system set up to inherently benefit white people, so any efforts to undo that imbalance and fight against that system is thus removed from it.

It’s not sexist when only 6 women have been nominated at the Grammys for Best Producer, and none have ever won. It’s not sexist when the first female to be nominated for a Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical Grammy was THIS YEAR. It’s called giving a voice — and a really fucking huge one, at that, thanks to Swift’s influence and power — to people who are constantly pushed aside in this industry.

And actually, it’s sexist for you to say that because she’s concerned with “making the best album” she NEEDS to work with men, because you are automatically disqualifying tons of women who, if given the opportunity, could potentially help her make a phenomenal album.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

Women can be just as sexist as men just like black people can be just as racist as white people. I said Taylor should focus on making the best possible album regardless if the producer has a vagina or a penis. How is that sexist?

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is celebrating 10 years of being on the Billboard Charts.

10 Grammys, 71 hits, 4 #1 albums and 913 weeks on the hot 100 later. She’s still hasn’t reached her peak.

Profile picture
    setfiretorain
    Topics:

Those staged photo with her Tom (her next album material) make it so obvious it’s a PR relationship. Pics released day after Kim’s GQ interview and she probably knew what Kanye was brewing.. At least with Harry Styles it was more believable. And with Calvin Harris exposing her as a cheater… and the whole Kanye/Kim thing. Album 6 will definitely be crazy.

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

She is a very good songwriter, but she is a genius at marketing. She knows how to use the media to sell her brand and keep herself in the headlines. That’s why she’s still the most searched musician on the internet right now even though she hasn’t had an album out in 18 months.

Profile picture
    GusCruz
    Topics:

Those staged photo with her Tom (her next album material) make it so obvious it’s a PR relationship. Pics released day after Kim’s GQ interview and she probably knew what Kanye was brewing.. At least with Harry Styles it was more believable. And with Calvin Harris exposing her as a cheater… and the whole Kanye/Kim thing. Album 6 will definitely be crazy.

But this is her worst planned stunt. Everyone knows it’s a fake relationship, which is a hit on her credibility.

Profile picture
    mikeboy898
    Topics:

Her “relationship” with Tom Hiddleston is literally a music video in the making for her next album. I’m not kidding.

The Taylor Swift Machine is real. And it’s working.

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 817 total)

The topic ‘Taylor Swift Thread’ is closed to new replies.