Home Forums Music Taylor Swift Thread

Taylor Swift Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 1,542 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Final2
neverkneel
Gucci
  • Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Baby, what’s sad is the success that she has and she’s not talented at all. She’s just a great business woman who manipulates the media and her fans into believing she’s a victim that needs to be rescued from the big bad Kanye West. Bitch plays the game well. Dirty, but well.

Honey, that’s a talent too. And she’s sure as hell good at it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Officially “reputation” sold 1.22 million copies, which is less than the 1.28 that “1989” sold. But unofficially there’s a 74k gap which will carry over into next week. Meaning “reputation” actually sold 1.29 million copies first week.

Also “End Game” and “New Years Day” both have charted on Pop and Country Radio this week.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Baby, what’s sad is the success that she has and she’s not talented at all. She’s just a great business woman who manipulates the media and her fans into believing she’s a victim that needs to be rescued from the big bad Kanye West. Bitch plays the game well. Dirty, but well.

Honey, that’s a talent too. And she’s sure as hell good at it.

She needs to be good at something since she doesn’t have any talent elsewhere.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s only doing 245k WITH SPS? Lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s only doing 245k WITH SPS? Lol.

Huh? That’s pretty strong for a second week actually. The only person who beats that is Adele.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

You would think with all that promotion it would be stronger and with the release of it in streaming services.

Oh and Lemonade sold 321k SPS its second week (with only Tidal). Views, as trash as it was, did similar numbers Reputation is gonna do.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

An 80% drop in sales for her second week.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I’m not surprised. I knew Craputation would have a significant drop it’s second week. As I previously stated, this album won’t hold up like 1989 did and will be forgotten about in six months.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Honest question (not wanting to turn this into a pro- or anti-Taylor Swift conversation), but why is her marketing team dropping “Ready For It?” so quickly to promote “End Game” and “New Years Day”? The video was just released a few weeks ago and the song is still gaining, albiet somewhat slowly, on radio and digital sales. It may be that they just don’t anticipate the song being a huge hit and wanted to focus instead on the more clear radio hit (“End Game”), but it still seems like a weird marketing move to make it a single at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Swift team didn’t expect that her singles to be forgotten that fast. Now their considering the options, I guess they should choose ‘End Game’.

1989 continued to be successful because Swift was able to produce a hit after hit. But that is not happening again, LWYMMD and Ready For it came and went, and both were inferior to 1989 first and second single.

Reputation will be forgotten very soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    nick4bty
    Participant
    Topics:

I pretty much agree with everything being said here. The album is mediocre and pales in comparison to 1989, which will undoubtedly be her career high. After one pass through Rep and I was dying to listen to 1989 again; I did, and I remembered what a phenomenal pop album it is.

The singles aren’t sticking. Radio is saying no. The work isn’t clicking with the GP. The fans are buying it because it’s Taylor Swift. This album will be gone within 6 months. Really sad she let her name be attached to these productions; they are truly awful. Literally the same manipulated production throughout the entire album. Let’s hope her next album comes quick and is packed with hits a la 1989. She doesn’t have much time left before radio will abandon her altogether.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift was less annoying when she was country.

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

You would think with all that promotion it would be stronger and with the release of it in streaming services.

Oh and Lemonade sold 321k SPS its second week (with only Tidal). Views, as trash as it was, did similar numbers Reputation is gonna do.

Reputation is still not on any streaming services tho. Her SPS is pretty much all pure sales. Only her (promo) singles are adding a bit of streaming numbers.

‘Lemonade’ was released mid-week so it was only out for 4 days when her second week sales started counting.

People love to hate on Taylor Swift but she’s still doing great. She won’t top 1989 or serve that type of longevity but her sales are still miles ahead of her peers minus one person Adele.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Reputation is still not on any streaming services tho. Her SPS is pretty much all pure sales. Only her (promo) singles are adding a bit of streaming numbers.

‘Lemonade’ was released mid-week so it was only out for 4 days when her second week sales started counting.

People love to hate on Taylor Swift but she’s still doing great. She won’t top 1989 or serve that type of longevity but her sales are still miles ahead of her peers minus one person Adele.

not to mention that her promo is nowhere near as vast as 1989. But it’s ok. Taylor just scored her 4th 1 minion plus debut week on her 6th studio album. Not much can be said for many people in the industry.

ReplyCopy URL
    whiskywinehouse
    Participant
    Topics:

I came here to proudly announce that Taylor Swift has been completely shut out of the General field and the Pop field of the 60th Grammy awards. My faith in the Grammy awards (as the pinnacle awards show to recognise good music) has been completely restored!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 1,542 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.