Home Forums Music Taylor Swift Thread

Taylor Swift Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 1,406 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Final2
neverkneel
Gucci
  • Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve stayed off this site, because arguing about the merits of Taylor Swift on here just isn’t worth it anymore. But Taylor (the person not the act) just accomplished arguably one of the biggest things she’s ever done. She was named Times person of the year as part as the “The Silence Breakers”.

She was sexually assaulted and sued her assailant and he was found guilty. This led to the start of the #MeToo movement and the change that ended the careers of multiple men in power such as Harvey Winestine, Matt Lauer, and Keven Spacy.

http://time.com/5049659/taylor-swift-interview-person-of-the-year-2017/

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift time

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t like her songs nor her as an artist but on this subject you bring I think Time and Taylor herself are damn right  for talking about sexual assault/harassment. The Grammys should do something about it on the show, like putting Taylor, Kesha, Gaga and others together to sing something or to say something to encourage people to talk about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Reputation sales are bad this week. She’s not doing well on streams.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Reputation sales are bad this week. She’s not doing well on streams.

Are they though? I heard she was N1 for a third week in a row…

Go away with your bias and negativity.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s now predicted to be #3 with 60k pure sales and 100k SPS. And YES, that’s underwhelming and the songs are doing terrible on Spotify.

Check that before you try to check me, Trumpie.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s now predicted to be #3 with 60k pure sales and 100k SPS. And YES, that’s underwhelming and the songs are doing terrible on Spotify. Check that before you try to check me, Trumpie.

So what? Your favorite artist’s album Lemonade’s fourth week sales had similar numbers as well a bit over 100k. Would you call that underwhelming too?

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift + being Time’s Person of the Year = BARF!

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Rose McGowan deserved to make Time’s cover more than Taylor Swift due to the sexual abuse and pariah-status she endured being far more severe than what happened to the blonde pop star. I’m NOT saying that it wasn’t good of Taylor to come forward or what happened to her was no big deal, but in my humble opinion Rose was a far more brave silence breaker and influentual person of the year of 2017.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Jesus! So now another person deserves to be on the cover more than Taylor? Simply because that person got raped more?! What in the fuck??!!! This place is truly delusional and hateful. Taylor shares this along with the many women and men who have been aboused and treated inappropriately. Get a grip! What happened to Taylor was wrong! She was groped and sexually harassed and she decided to stand up for herself! Move on!

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, it’s rather obvious Taylor Swift is on the cover of Time just to sell the magazine.

ReplyCopy URL
    JoeyJ
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift was also one of the person(s) of the year for Time in 2006

ReplyCopy URL
    brittanymiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Goddess Taylor needs to be the next President of the United States of America!

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Jesus! So now another person deserves to be on the cover more than Taylor? Simply because that person got raped more?! What in the fuck??!!! This place is truly delusional and hateful. Taylor shares this along with the many women and men who have been abused and treated inappropriately. Get a grip! What happened to Taylor was wrong! She was groped and sexually harassed and she decided to stand up for herself! Move on!

I was saying I felt Rose had generally made a bigger impact and also came from a place of significantly less power and influence than Taylor. Again, repeating myself hear but since you clearly didn’t read my entire comment: “I’m NOT saying that it wasn’t good of Taylor to come forward or what happened to her was no big deal.” I’m genuinely happy that she came out against this scumbag DJ. But Harvey Weinstein was kind of like the head vampire of sexual abuse. Once he came toppling down so many others saw this as real change and started telling their stories about predators and creeps like Andy Signore, Russell Simmons, Brett Ratner, Louis C.K., Al Franken, etc. When Harvey was exposed and expelled from the Academy the environment around the world changed, and it is still changing. While I recognize Rose wasn’t the only voice in the conversation, she was for sure a loud, critical, and knowing voice that was deeply essential to the #MeToo movement sweeping the world.

Feel free to disagree if you want, opinions are fine.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

Do we know who decided about the cover photo? Do we know that if Time asked Rose for the cover? Or if she refused it although they asked her?

There is no rule like “the cover must be features only five people.” If they had wanted, the cover would have invited 100 people for the cover. Rose might have been next to Taylor. They just don’t have to choose five people for cover.

Of course you never thought this. Since the moment you saw Taylor on the cover, you try to find a way to justify your opinion on removing Taylor from the cover.

The only option you figure out to replace Taylor. Nobody says “X person should have been in the cover as the sixth person or there should have been more people on the cover.” The only thing you do is to find a way to replace Taylor with claiming X person deserved more as if being more assaulted is a competition.

Saying “I know Taylor’s experiences were bad but,” doesn’t justify your opinion. When you said “but”, it’s over.

If people said “they should have included more people”, I would agree with them. But the only thing I saw is “why Taylor in on the cover, X deserved more.”

If you want to replace someone with the most deserved X person, why don’t you focus on the other four ladies on the cover? Since it’s a competition, maybe one of them was LESS assaulted than Taylor?

There is no way for this world to be changed for good. Time tries to point out something important and most people only care about Taylor’s being on the cover.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  neverkneel.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 1,406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.