Home Forums Music Taylor Swift Thread

Taylor Swift Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 1,707 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Final2
neverkneel
Gucci
  • Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah the video is pretty clever and well done. One of the better songs on the album too. I wonder if this is the song she’ll finally perform somewhere.

ReplyCopy URL
    heyoranges
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked the video, lesser gimmick.

ReplyCopy URL
    whiskywinehouse
    Participant
    Topics:

I loved the Delicate music video. What a pity that Taylor Swift’s videos for Reputation are good but her songs are sub-par.

I really hope she comes up with better songs for her next album.

ReplyCopy URL
    brittanymiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Goddess Taylor is going to bag her next BB Hot 100 #1 with Delicate!

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Her tour looks like a broadway production rather than a concert tour. Huge set, stage, and props. From what I’ve seen it looks pretty good and she got great reviews.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s just broken the attendance record of University of Phoenix Stadium with 59,157—a sold out show.

I wonder where those who claim her tour would flop are.

The NY Post’s article claims that her popularity has declined. I just want to make clear something: her popularity has declined because she wanted it to decline. No promo, no award shows, no interviews. Just music videos and even this makes her haters annoyed.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

The tour looks so fucking amazing! I’m looking up tickets for the show in Seattle! I really want to go!

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

One review called it the best show of her career. Still can’t believe she’s only done Jimmy Fallon and SNL for promo and that’s about it. The show looks so good, but then again Taylor Swift is the only artist who can possibly have the highest grossing female tour and still flop.

ReplyCopy URL
    swift
    Participant
    Topics:

Reputation Stadium Tour:

University of Phoenix Stadium with 59,157—a sold out show.

Levi’s Stadium with 55.000 – First Night – a sold out show.

Levi’s Stadium with 55.000 – Second Night – a sold out show.

Can’t wait for the boxscores.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Fun fact of the day! The Reputation Tour is estimated to gross around 500 million dollars, which would do two things for Taylor Swift. One, she would pass Madonna for the highest grossing female tour of all time (she already has the highest grossing North American tour of all time). Two, Taylor Swift would become the 6th act of all time to pass the one billion dollar gross mark. She currently has grossed 600,460,000 dollars from touring.

It’s so funny that the tour was a flop a few months ago, and that Reputation is all but forgotten yet, she’s selling out stadiums across the country. Weird.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah surely after milking her fans with her cheesy ticket system, I’m not surprised it’ll gross that much. I like her as an artist, but the way she’s becoming too business-oriented and cares only about money, is starting to disappoint. Adele sold out stadiums everywhere in the world, why did she not gross 500M$? Because she actually kept her tickets at reasonable price for her fans to be able to see her without having to save up for months.

Educate yourselves on the matter taylor swift fans:

“To a great many people, this doesn’t look like ensuring real fans get access to tickets. It looks like gouging as much money as possible out of them. It is “nothing more than a transparent cash grab”, said US magazine Alternative Press. “It makes getting tickets for a Taylor Swift concert into a game in which people with the most money get ahead,” suggested Jezebel.”

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/08/taylor-swift-and-ticketmaster-launch-controversial-ticketing-system/

https://mashable.com/2017/08/25/taylor-swift-ticketmaster-reputation/#JSU6LjtLDSql

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/aug/31/bad-blood-is-taylor-swifts-verified-fan-system-a-way-to-reward-followers-or-rip-them-off

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

Is this thread still alive? lol I read weeks ago, her tour is estimated to gross around 350 million, behind Madonna, with tickets starting to fall to $25.
    https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2018/05/03/taylor-swift-reputation-tour-25/
    She could break the record set by Madonna at 50 (I wonder if Taylor could do that at that age), but I’m sure this is the last time Taylor will gross that much. Imagine how stupid her fans who bought their tickets for $500-1000 would feel, after seeing people get them for $25. Everybody will wait until the last moment to get them next time. I can’t imagine if she releases another forgettable record like Reputation again.

Anyway, tour records will be broken in the near future, because artists aren’t getting enough money selling music. I’m just patiently waiting for Adele, but I know she’s not that greedy with her own fans.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah surely after milking her fans with her cheesy ticket system, I’m not surprised it’ll gross that much. I like her as an artist, but the way she’s becoming too business-oriented and cares only about money, is starting to disappoint. Adele sold out stadiums everywhere in the world, why did she not gross 500M$? Because she actually kept her tickets at reasonable price for her fans to be able to see her without having to save up for months.

Educate yourselves on the matter taylor swift fans:

“To a great many people, this doesn’t look like ensuring real fans get access to tickets. It looks like gouging as much money as possible out of them. It is “nothing more than a transparent cash grab”, said US magazine Alternative Press. “It makes getting tickets for a Taylor Swift concert into a game in which people with the most money get ahead,” suggested Jezebel.”

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/08/taylor-swift-and-ticketmaster-launch-controversial-ticketing-system/

https://mashable.com/2017/08/25/taylor-swift-ticketmaster-reputation/#JSU6LjtLDSql

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/aug/31/bad-blood-is-taylor-swifts-verified-fan-system-a-way-to-reward-followers-or-rip-them-off

Adele’s Live 2016 tour only played stadiums in Australia. So, yeah she doesn’t play stadiums. That’s probably why she didn’t make 500 million. Taylor tours better than Adele, her “1989” tour with less shows had more people come.

“Adele live 2016” had 1.54 million tickets sold, 167 million grossed, with 107 shows.

The “1989 World Tour” had 2.28 million tickets sold, 250 million grossed, with 85 shows.

Taylor Swift tours better than Adele. I mean it’s not that hard to understand just like Adele sell more albums. Touring is Taylor’s strong suit. Also the whole slow ticket sales thing (which is set to be the new normal FYI) didn’t take place with both tours.

ReplyCopy URL
    swift
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard published ”reputation Stadium Tour” official boxscores, all of them were sold out. Not bad for a flop tour 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 1,707 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.