Home Forums Music The BRANDY Thread (New Single/Video “Baby Mama” f/ Chance the Rapper OUT NOW!)

The BRANDY Thread (New Single/Video “Baby Mama” f/ Chance the Rapper OUT NOW!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
Created
9 years ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Music Forever
Boidiva02
  • Profile picture
    Darlyn Dyson
    Topics:

She should really focus on Urban/Urban AC.

I agree. She does not need to pretend like she’s young and make the same mistake that Toni Braxton did with trying to make music for younger folks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    blueprint
    Topics:

And the album title is…
    Two Eleven

https://twitter.com/#!/4everBrandy/status/175872983804559361

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TWC
    Topics:

If Brandy wants to “comeback” to the mainstream, working with Nicki is actually a smart move.  Key word: MATERIAL.  If the song sucks, nodboy will care that Nicki is on it.  

Sometimes these R&B/Pop artists can’t win.  We tell them to cater to the urban markets, but then criticize them for not recording “mainstream” enough music. In today’s industry, it’s hard for even the most relevant artists to have it both ways.  Brandy has an uphill battle with this new album.

If that is the album title (mentioned in the post above), than she’s already off to a rocky start.  UGH.   

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

Im so sad IT ALL BELONGS TO ME is doing nothing on Itunes.

I hope urban stations play this song. I love it!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boidiva02
    Topics:

[quote=”music forever”]She should really focus on Urban/Urban AC.

I agree. She does not need to pretend like she’s young and make the same mistake that Toni Braxton did with trying to make music for younger folks.[/quote]

I agree, Brandy and Monica (and Toni Braxton), should be making music for their core audience of 25-35 year olds (estimated), people that grew up listening to them.    Toni should do more ballads really, and try focusing it on an Adult Contemporary audience.   Un-Break My Heart was a massive hit on A.C. radio and if she tried catering to that market and changing up her image she’d go a long way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

In Monica’s defense, her last album, Still Standing, was an adult oriented (25-35+) album.  I agree that Brandy should follow suit.  Toni Braxton committed career suicide.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boidiva02
    Topics:

In Monica’s defense, her last album, Still Standing, was an adult oriented (25-35+) album.  I agree that Brandy should follow suit.  Toni Braxton committed career suicide.

I think that’s the only Monica album I didn’t buy.    The truth is the last time I really enjoyed a Monic album was “After The Storm”. 

I agree; Toni’s career is OVER.   Sad too given her voice, and she was early on called “The next Anita Baker”.   She went in the wrong direction and I think it’s too late to change course.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darlyn Dyson
    Topics:

I really like “It Belongs To Me”. I saw the video for the 1st time today and it’s very nice that they payed homage to Whitney Houston at the end.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

New single with Chris Brown is out. She’s definitely trying to reach the Beyonce/Rihanna generation with this song. It sounds like “Look At Me Now Part 2.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

[quote=”Gucci”]In Monica’s defense, her last album, Still Standing, was an adult oriented (25-35+) album.  I agree that Brandy should follow suit.  Toni Braxton committed career suicide.

I think that’s the only Monica album I didn’t buy.    The truth is the last time I really enjoyed a Monic album was “After The Storm”.[/quote]
    Monica’s first three albums (Miss Thang, The Boy Is Mine, After The Storm) are better than her last three albums (The Makings Of Me, Still Standing, New Life).

I agree; Toni’s career is OVER.   Sad too given her voice, and she was early on called “The next Anita Baker”.   She went in the wrong direction and I think it’s too late to change course.

Toni Braxton’s career went sour when she started hooking up with rappers in the early 2000’s.  She completely abandoned the sound that made her sell millions in the 90’s.  I do remember her being called “the next Anita Baker” during her heyday (some even compared her to Whitney).  I believe that’s one of the reasons why she was able to beat big named divas like Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, Aretha Franklin and even Anita herself at the Grammy Awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Just seen the “It All Belongs To Me” music video.  Brandy & Monica both look good.  The clip makes me like the song so much more.  Brandy outshined Monica.  In their last duet, “The Boy Is Mine,” it was the other way around.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

This new Brandy song is just okay. Getting Chris Brown on your song is just as desperate as getting Nicki, Drake and Lil Wayne. I would rather her record a UAC first single and then hit us with a mainstream Urban song. I love Brandy for her ballads and the emotion she puts in them. I think this song will throw a lot of people off. Not to mention its not that great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Oh and the chorus is annoying…….

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.