Home Forums Music The BRANDY Thread (New Single/Video “Baby Mama” f/ Chance the Rapper OUT NOW!)

The BRANDY Thread (New Single/Video “Baby Mama” f/ Chance the Rapper OUT NOW!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
Created
9 years ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Music Forever
Boidiva02
  • Profile picture
    Boidiva02
    Topics:

http://www.billboard.com/news#/column/the-juice/brandy-to-release-two-eleven-album-in-august-1007393752.story

Brandy’s new album is called 2/11 (or Two Eleven) and will come out in August!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tae04
    Topics:

Anybody pick up Brandy’s new album?  It’s pretty solid.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

I forgot all about Brandy.  I may pick up her album since I like “Put It Down.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    HerMadgesty
    Topics:

I’m really digging the album. I don’t love every track, but it’s solid all the way through and keep listening to the whole thing from start to finish, which is always a good sign. It’s smooth.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tptrinity
    Topics:

DEF a solid album with excellent vocals from Brandy. Its actually very cohesive with the exception of Put It Down (kinda messes up the flow). Its PURE R&B but 2012 R&B. Standouts are Wildest Dreams, Scared of Beautiful, Slower, Paint This House, Music, Wish Your Love Away, Without You, and Hardly Breathing. Not really a “bad” song on the album though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tae04
    Topics:

My favorites are Do You Know What You Have, No Such Thing As Too Late, Paint This House, Wildest Dreams, Music, and Slower.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Renaton
    Topics:

This album is getting some surprisingly fantastic reviews, I might listen to it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tae04
    Topics:

65-70k predicted for Brandy first week.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    blueprint
    Topics:

The album starts very strong with its first 5 tracks, but then reaches its first low point with Let Me Go. From then on it is pretty solid. Do You Know What You Have? needs to be singled out here, since it’s probably the best track of the album. Scared of Beautiful is another low point though. Overall it’s a very good record, but not a very exciting one.

Faves: Do You Know What You Have?, Slower, So Sick, What You Need

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tptrinity
    Topics:

Scared of Beautiful is another low point though.

Really?? Thats one of the best tracks on the album- sung well, lyrically beautiful, and executed perfectly. That song has been getting alot of praise too. Frank Ocean did the damn thing with that song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    blueprint
    Topics:

I’m not saying it’s bad, it’s just nothing special in my opinion, kinda boring even. Not everything Frank Ocean puts his hands on is golden.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tptrinity
    Topics:

I’m not saying it’s bad, it’s just nothing special in my opinion, kinda boring even. Not everything Frank Ocean puts his hands on is golden.

I feel u on the Frank Ocean comment and agree, but THIS song is golden. As soon as it comes in it draws you. I think you might have to give it some more listens and then maybe you might change your mind….or maybe you wont.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boidiva02
    Topics:

I’m slowly working my way through this album, but so far I like it. By far her best album since Full Moon, and probably the closest she’s ever come to regaining her 90’s fame.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tae04
    Topics:

Yea, Scared of Beautiful is alot of people’s favorite.  It’s more about the lyrical content in that song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boidiva02
    Topics:

I really just have to listen to this album a few more times, but so far I really like it.    I don’t think it’ll ever mean as much to me as “Never Say Never” did, but so far It’s a really good album.  

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.