Home Forums Music The CMA Awards (November 13, 2019)

The CMA Awards (November 13, 2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
James Otto Sw..
Darren
Alijah Purdy
  • James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ I read at another forum that fellow nominee Eric Church is no stranger to being on stage for as long as four hours. Enough said there.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ I read at another forum that fellow nominee Eric Church is no stranger to being on stage for as long as four hours. Enough said there.

Holly

What does that have to do with Carrie Underwood deserving to win the award? Or anything at all with my statement?

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m really happy to see the public backlash the CMA’s are getting over not awarding Carrie Underwood Entertainer of the Year. Especially to someone like Garth (who I’m very much a fan of, but he DEFINITELY did not deserve it) who only put out one song and played 5 live shows this year. She was definitely robbed!!

I’m happy about it too. You celebrate and acknowledge the Women of Country Music and then you screw up by giving EOTY to Garth Brooks instead of Carrie Underwood, the ONLY female nominated in that category. That’s a HUGE SLAP IN THE FACE to them.

Yes a lot of people are fussing about Eric Church not winning and I sympathize also.

That’s one of the reasons I drew away from Country Music; another reason is because it’s HOLLYWOOD & POP. I want OLD Country.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ I second what you say here about wanting old country! I am currently listening to the Sweet Hearts of the Rodeo duo which just so happens to be another butt kicking female act. (smiles)

What does that have to do with Carrie Underwood deserving to win the award? Or anything at all with my statement?

I was only letting it be known that to me if anyone was robbed of the big award it was Eric Church.

God bless you two and Eric and the legends of country who are still here always!!!

Holly

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ Wow, if radio success doesn’t matter, where are all of the awards that should have the name of my late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal on them? It took that man 20 years to score his second top ten song, its been four years now since his going forward, and I still can not get enough of him!

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly (forever wishing that I had discovered him sooner)

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ For the record, I am a 37 year old female, not a young boy as you call me here.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Go here for the album from Billy Joe that never would’ve been out there had the beautiful precious decided to just completely give up, released in 1987. The first two songs in my opinion are the best. I don’t know why, but one song is missing from the song listing and “Members Only” is the name of it. It being a duet may be why its not included. (shrugs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igAgjXC2lNI&list=OLAK5uy_nvo-RP_dQI8HhFo-SnFKOCnlm_Eku4w_0

This album, to me, is only one of his best. His third album named Cherry Hill Park which was released almost 20 years earlier, released in 1969, is his next best album. Back then is when his musical contributions were still considered rock material. To add a third album to my list of favorites, his self named album released in 1980, while still considered a rock act, is awesome too. A few songs from that album are at You Tube, the last one named “Love Jones” being my most favorite. (smiles)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCHwuMTGKXU

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m happy about it too. You celebrate and acknowledge the Women of Country Music and then you screw up by giving EOTY to Garth Brooks instead of Carrie Underwood, the ONLY female nominated in that category. That’s a HUGE SLAP IN THE FACE to them.

Yes a lot of people are fussing about Eric Church not winning and I sympathize also.

That’s one of the reasons I drew away from Country Music; another reason is because it’s HOLLYWOOD & POP. I want OLD Country.

I’m starting to see that, too. There is no reason Miranda Lambert should have 7 Female Vocalist of the Year trophies. I can count at least 2-3 of those that belong to Carrie Underwood and Kacey Musgraves, and one even belongs to Reba McEntire (the year that “Turn on the Radio” went to #1)

The fact that Carrie has NEVER won this award from the CMA’s is atrocious! Especially considering she has TWO from the ACM’s!!

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ I guess that certain singers are not loved by their peers like they are by the members of the Academy of Country Music (ACM). At least Carrie has a significant enough track record where getting anything is concerned. How many more times will Dierks Bentley be over looked?

Holly

P.S. On the other hand, anyone who has ever found their name among any set of award nominations even just one time is way ahead of my late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal…not even one nomination is in his past I don’t think. (burying my head)

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I agree, this is not a good look for the CMAs. The voting body knew about the Association’s agenda this year to celebrate women ever since nominations came out in August, so they had months to deliberate and cast their votes in a way that was meaningful and befitting of that agenda. After all, it’s not like plans for the ceremony came at them last-minute, where voters didn’t get the memo. There was a real opportunity here to make a collective statement and honor the sole female nominee in the group with the Entertainer of the Year Award, only to miss the mark. So much initial promise of progress, and yet it still feels like we’re taking two steps forward, three steps back. To make matters worse, EOTY went to Garth Brooks, an award he’s now won a whopping seven times while Carrie Underwood has yet to win once (which in itself is insane, considering she’s well established herself as one of country music’s greatest female artists). It’s all very disappointing.

On a brighter note, I did very much enjoy the awards ceremony. Carrie, Dolly and Reba made a fabulous hosting trio, and the night was marked by one great performance after the other (the opening number featuring some of the female legends of country music was truly something special). I also loved many of the creative artistic choices enhancing the stage (like the stunning bed of roses on display during Maren Morris’ moving performance).

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Well Eric Church eventually made his feelings about getting beat by Garth public knowledge.

https://tasteofcountry.com/eric-church-shade-garth-brooks-entertainer-of-the-year-video/

I get why such an acknowledgement was put out there, but in my opinion, it needs to be remembered that awards are not what get bills taken care of. As long as a fan base is still intact, what else does a person really need? Sure, award wins help get your name out there more, but being in there for the awards at all does that too. Two singers completely missing from the show this year were Eric’s former duet buddies Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan.

God bless you and them and Eric always!!!

Holly

P.S. Go here for Eric’s current award winning track record which in my opinion is absolutely nothing to scoff at if that is what he’s doing now. Two of his three CMA award wins are for Album of the Year of all awards which you know only made more people go out there and buy them two albums of his which of course is the way to support any act should a person not have the money to go and see their favorites in concert…so I guess maybe awards do help get the bills paid, but in order for a win to take place, a nomination has to happen first…screw the award show camps for overlooking my late favorite all of them years!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Church#Awards_and_nominations

ReplyCopy URL
    KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

so this year’s CMA’s AOtY winner did not get the nomination for Country Album at the Grammys.
    it’s the second time in the last couple of years when it happened while being eligible for the Grammys (it happened lately to Erich Church’s Mr. Misunderstood).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.