Home Forums Music Very Early Grammys 2023 Predictions

Very Early Grammys 2023 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 408 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
naveand24
2021ravenclaw1
  • Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

There’s no way in hell Bruno Mars is gonna beat Adele with an album that’s been underwhelming so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Underwhelming by which metric? No hits or no acclaim for its singles? Have you secretly listened to the album or something?

I’m not implying that I believe Bruno would win Adele, but claiming the album is underwhelming so far is an unfounded and subjective assertion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

There’s no way in hell Bruno Mars is gonna beat Adele with an album that’s been underwhelming so far.

Adele is going to win, but Silk Sonic’s debut for 1. Isn’t out yet, and 2. Has produced two successful singles. So underwhelming wouldn’t be a fair descriptor

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Adele is going to win, but Silk Sonic’s debut for 1. Isn’t out yet, and 2. Has produced two successful singles. So underwhelming wouldn’t be a fair descriptor

Underwhelming by Bruno Mars’s standards.

“LTDO” was a major hit but it doesn’t hold a candle to some of Bruno’s hits in the past decade. Like dude was literally THE hitmaker for a hot moment and “Skate” made little to no noise.

Ofcourse the album isn’t out yet but the initial impression, just from the singles alone wasn’t too impressive. They also disappeared for a while which contributed towards it.

“Easy on me” is a monster single in comparison.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

LTDO seems old and “Skate” was a commercial dud compared to it. For Silk Sonic to be competitive, they have to produce another hit. Adele is already outpacing them. We still have Kendrick Lamar, Beyoncé and a few other big names coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

It would be nice to have a Rihanna album around this time but I wonder how Grammy voters see her now since ANTi has garnered so much respect and acclaim years after it’s release. She’s also been more appreciated as a artist. An R&B infused reggae/dancehall album would be perfect for me. Sadly, i don’t see her releasing anytime soon. Seems like she’s going at her own pace.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Been obsessed with “Ghost” by Justin Bieber recently and think it could be a perfect nominee in SOTY. **I know it was released in the 2022 Grammy period. But if Justice doesn’t win and it upholds success this Grammy season it could be nominated right?**

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Dealer – Lana Del Rey!!!
    Record of the Year
    Song of the Year
    Pop Solo Performance!!!!

Fuck Adele!!!!!

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lilac
    Topics:

i think music of the spheres by coldplay could get an aoty nomination i believe they are very loved by the committee and they got nominated for everyday life last year and i personally think mots is better so maybe

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

2023 is gonna be so boring. People will spend the next 15 months suggesting that *maybe* something could beat Adele, and then she’ll win everything easily. Adele will get 5 nominations, just like she did in 2017 and sweep them all. We know it’s happening.

I truly wonder if some Grammy-centric artists will seriously consider not releasing this cycle at all to avoid competing with Adele.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Album of the Year for Brandi Carlile tho for putting “Broken Horses” and “You and Me on the Rock” on the same album, manifesting it in a perfect world lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Adele will easily dominate the Grammys as she’s done multiple times before. “Easy On Me” might not be the cultural mammoth “Hello” was but it’s the kind of song voters will love. There’s a possibility 30 produces a monster single that could be a stronger Record & Song of the Year contender. But we’ll see. She’s already hard to beat & the album hasn’t even dropped yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

i think music of the spheres by coldplay could get an aoty nomination i believe they are very loved by the committee and they got nominated for everyday life last year and i personally think mots is better so maybe

There are no longer any nominations review committees, except in some “craft” categories, but certainly not in the general field. Coldplay might get some support from voters, but they won’t have a committee to help them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

PinkPantheress for Best New Artist!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Adele officially has the #1 song with “Easy On Me”. That’s our 2023 Record of the Year and Song of the Year frontrunner. The biggest test will be how long it can stay at the top or if it’s longevity will fall over into the next year. I suspect we will get another single from her before 30 drops in November. Hopefully theres a release to coincide with her TV special.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 408 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.