Home Forums Music Very Early Grammys 2023 Predictions

Very Early Grammys 2023 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 388 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 hours ago
replies
views
users
naveand24
ELIAS✨
2021ravenclaw1
  • Profile picture
    jarg
    Topics:

i know someone talked about this here before, but i definitely predict that taylor’s gonna submit a bunch of her rerecordings for next year, since this year the only reason she didn’t submit fearless tv is because she wanted to focus on evermore getting in categories. she’ll definitely get noms for them as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

If she does submit, All Too Well could have a strong chance at being nominated in SOTY due to alphabetical advantage alone. But Taylor would have to settle with nomination as I still see Adele sweeping.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Is it weird to say that we already have 3 locks for AOTY 2 months into eligibility? Unless something wild happens I struggle to see how any of Adele, Brandi or Silk Sonic miss with 10 spots and 0 panels.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Blue Banniesters has a lot of gorgeous melody and vocals on it, but I recognize that Lana is probably not competitive for any GF win next year with Adele in contention. However, I could see her nabbing Pop Group/Duo Performance for Dealer. It’s a great duet, it’s the fan favorite from the album and Lana’s yell-singing went viral on Tik Tok. And I think that voters are aware that she is long overdue for a Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Maybe Charli will be competitive in pop categories next year. The stuff she’s been putting out is very catchy and radio friendly compared to her hyperpop era.

I could also see Harry releasing something that gets a little more critical respect. He clearly has left field taste even if his music doesn’t reflect it. I think when pop stars are young, labels expect them to release very safe pop music and not take too many risks. Once they are more established and older, they are able to seize a little more autonomy and are allowed to experiment a little more. I think Harry is old enough and established enough now that I expect his next album to be a little more experimental and interesting. He has the resources to bring in top talent songwriters and producers. I could see him being competitive with his next release.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    itsjimbates
    Topics:

Taylor didn’t focus on evermore at all this year. She barely even acknowledged the album the entire year and didn’t campaign for it (or submit random album cuts in pop & country categories like she did last year). She clearly explained that the only reason why they didn’t submit Fearless (Taylor’s Version) was because it had already received enough awards and recognition so it would be wrong to steal someone else’s thunder.

However, I’ve seen multiple theories on how they’re going to handle Red (Taylor’s Version) as that is an album from her that didn’t fare well at the Grammys. My personal opinion is that they won’t submit the album (and any of the original 20 songs) for anything but they will campaign hard for “All Too Well (Ten Minute Version)” and perhaps a couple of the Vault tracks for the genre categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

AOTY:
    ABBA – Voyage
    Adele – 30
    Beyonce – TBA
    Coldplay – Music Of The Spheres
    Kendrick Lamar – TBA
    Silk Sonic – An Evening With Silk Sonic
    Summer Walker – Still Over It

AOTY - Back Of My Mind
    ROTY - Leave The Door Open
    SOTY - Happier Than Ever
    BNA - Olivia Rodrigo
    BPSP - Happier Than Ever
    BPD/GP - IGAKOOY
    BPVA - Happier Than Ever

Academy Award For Best Original Song 2022 - "Be Alive" by Beyonce

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

However, I’ve seen multiple theories on how they’re going to handle Red (Taylor’s Version) as that is an album from her that didn’t fare well at the Grammys. My personal opinion is that they won’t submit the album (and any of the original 20 songs) for anything but they will campaign hard for “All Too Well (Ten Minute Version)” and perhaps a couple of the Vault tracks for the genre categories.

I’m assuming

• ROTY, (SOTY*), Pop Solo – All Too Well (Ten Minute Version)
    • Rock Perf/Song – Nothing New
    • Country Solo – Better Man
    • Country Duo Group/Song – I Bet You Think About Me

* if eligible, isn’t it legally the same song as the 2012 version, according to ASCAP?

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I don’t think Summer Walker is competitive for an AOTY nom next year. She’s huge but I don’t think her appeal reaches beyond hip hop and RnB. The songs don’t really have hooks, not radio friendly music outside of hip hop stations. She’s pretty explicit, which historically doesn’t help bring in voters. She also released early and didn’t make a big enough splash to be remembered next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jarg
    Topics:

Maybe Charli will be competitive in pop categories next year. The stuff she’s been putting out is very catchy and radio friendly compared to her hyperpop era.

here’s a few of my predictions for her :

– good ones for record of the year and dance recording
    – crash for dance album

i’m only confident in the dance noms so far, in all honesty

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jarg
    Topics:

• ROTY, (SOTY*), Pop Solo – All Too Well (Ten Minute Version)
    • Rock Perf/Song – Nothing New
    • Country Solo – Better Man
    • Country Duo Group/Song – I Bet You Think About Me

with chris stapleton in it, who the grammys adore, i’d say “i bet you think about me” will also get a country song nom.

also, considering little big town’s version of “better man” has been nominated for a couple of things (and won 1 award, if i remember well), i think the recording academy would overlook it. taylor should just submit something else for country solo perf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

AOTY:

ABBA – Voyage

Adele – 30

Brandi Carlile – In These Silent Days

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss – Raise The Roof

Silk Sonic – An Evening With Silk Sonic

Cardi B – TBA

Kendrick Lamar – TBA

Dua Lipa – TBA

ROTY:

Adele – Easy On Me

Beyonce – Be Alive or new track

Brandi Carlile’s submission

Lady Gaga – Top Gun song

Silk Sonic – Smokin’ Out The Window

Taylor Swift – All Too Well (10 Minutes Version)

Cardi B – TBA

Kendrick Lamar – TBA

Dua Lipa – TBA

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor will submit rerecord and even she does it, it’s most likely the vault tracks only especially ATW10min.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I love Charli but if voters were too lazy to search for huge names like West, Swift or Weeknd in the ballot, they’ll certainly not scroll all the way down to pick XCX.

FYC:

*Best Pop Vocal Album: "Positions" by Ariana Grande
    *Best Pop Solo Performance: "positions" by Ariana Grande
    *Best Country Solo Performance: "camera roll" by Kacey Musgraves
    *Best Country Song: "camera roll" by Kacey Musgraves
    *Best Rap Album: "CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST" by Tyler, The Creator
    *Best R&B Song: "Good Days" by SZA & Jacob Collier

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I love Charli but if voters were too lazy to search for huge names like West, Swift or Weeknd in the ballot, they’ll certainly not scroll all the way down to pick XCX.

She will be C. Charli XCX is her stage-name. XCX is not a surname.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 388 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.