Home Forums Music Very Early Grammys 2023 Predictions

Very Early Grammys 2023 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 646 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
22 hours ago
replies
views
users
naveand
ELIAS✨
2021ravenclaw1
  • Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Without a committee, Adele can be unstoppable (no matter who releases until september)

AOTY 30
    SOTY Easy on Me
    ROTY Easy on Me
    BPVA 30
    BPSP Easy on Me
    BVM Oh My God

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

The “Oh My God” music video was stunning. Hopefully Adele submits it to BMV. I’m still not impressed with “Easy On Me”. Not with the song and not with the video. It’s a shame cause I wanted to love it since it will sweep.

I think Easy On Me focused on the vocal composition. I tried recording a cover and sounded like a mating tortoise.

I really wanted more instrumentation on the song albeit. The video is a total No.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vera Baxter
    Topics:

This. The only time I believe she was truly robbed was “California Gurls” losing Pop Collab to Herbie Hancock’s “Imagine” cover

Honestly, I would instead consider giving her the win for “Wide Awake” in Pop Solo Performance in 2013. I’ll always love Adele, but I don’t feel that that track was essential to reward after the superior single won the same category the year before, and Carly, Rih, Katy, and Kelly were all right there with some of the best bops of that era.

Telephone easily wins for me against that ugly Herbie Hancock win, but California Gurls would have also been deserving.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

When I’m Gone nominated for Dance/Electronic Recording is def a possibility I entertain. The song is a bop and Katy sounds great, should be a great hit.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

And also her 2015 nominations, although I agree with some of Sam Smith’s wins some of them (ROTY, SOTY, BPVA) have nominees that would have made more memorable wins for me. I would have loved to see Prism or My everything win and honestly I wasn’t sold on Christina’s BPDGP win either.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    naveand
    Topics:

It’s looking like new Kendrick & Harry releases very soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Honestly, I would instead consider giving her the win for “Wide Awake” in Pop Solo Performance in 2013. I’ll always love Adele, but I don’t feel that that track was essential to reward after the superior single won the same category the year before, and

The problem is that the 5 Wide Awake writers and 2 producers still couldn’t write better lyrics nor yield better production than just Adele and Fraser.

Neither could Katy’s voice in the track match Adele’s SFTTR performance. It also was not more commercially successful than SFTTR even with a far more catchy video when MVs had serious impact.

There was absolutely nothing working in Katy’s favour. Her best shot was with Dark Horse. Only Kelly would have been another suitable winner in 2013.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Without a committee, Adele can be unstoppable (no matter who releases until september) AOTY 30 SOTY Easy on Me ROTY Easy on Me BPVA 30 BPSP Easy on Me BMV Oh My God

Imagine Adele winning all these plus country duo for EOM remix, against Beyoncé, Kendrick, Bruno, Swift, Billie (she never takes a break). That is going 7/7 against the other members of the Blessed 6. 💀

There’ll be weeping and gnashing of teeth here. I won’t be online if it happens 😂.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

At this point the only thing I could see Adele losing is BVM lmao That is if Beyoncé or Kendrick really release something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jarg
    Topics:

y’all we have a new huge contender, please welcome jack white.

in case y’all don’t know him, he’s a popular rock artist who’s been recognized by the grammys many times, both as a soloist and as a member of the white stripes, which broke up.

he’s releasing 2 albums this year, both of which are already scheduled to be eligible for next year’s ceremony.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, stop being delusional!  A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera totally deserved their Best Pop Duo/Group Performance win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JasonLannister
    Topics:

Without a committee, Adele can be unstoppable (no matter who releases until september) AOTY 30 SOTY Easy on Me ROTY Easy on Me BPVA 30 BPSP Easy on Me BVM Oh My God

It’s not like the committee would stop her anyway. If Adele wins you can argue that someone deserved the award MORE, not that Adele didn’t deserve it. She will always be a decent choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

y’all we have a new huge contender, please welcome jack white. in case y’all don’t know him, he’s a popular rock artist who’s been recognized by the grammys many times, both as a soloist and as a member of the white stripes, which broke up. he’s releasing 2 albums this year, both of which are already scheduled to be eligible for next year’s ceremony.

Jack White is one of the few artists who can effortlessly overperform in their field despite being in the very bottom of the ballot, like Kanye West. If only we could say this about The Weeknd…

If his name was in the A-B region, he could probably even sneak into the top 10 of AOTY with a well-received album, like Fiona Apple in 2021, and surprisingly Bon Iver in 2020.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Arca for Best Dance/Electronic Album 

2021: Promises ~ Floating Points & Pharaoh Sanders feat. The London Symphony Orchestra
    2020: After Hours ~ The Weeknd
    2019: Titanic Rising ~ Weyes Blood
    2018: Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides ~ SOPHIE
    2017: Melodrama ~ Lorde
    2016: Blonde ~ Frank Ocean
    2015: To Pimp A Butterfly ~ Kendrick Lamar
    2014: To Be Kind ~ Swans
    2013: Random Access Memories ~ Daft Punk
    2012: The Money Store ~ Death Grips
    2011: Helplessness Blues ~ Fleet Foxes
    2010: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy ~ Kanye West

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

Robert Glasper is releasing a new album. Among the featured guests are Q-Tip, Jennifer Hudson, Yebba, Common, Ty Dolla Sign, Esperanza Spalding, Ant Clemons, Ledisi and Sunglasses.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 646 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.