Home Forums Music Very Early Grammys 2023 Predictions

Very Early Grammys 2023 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 662 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
naveand
ELIAS✨
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Beach House for AOTY & Best Alternative Album

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers

Profile picture
    jarg
    Topics:

i think after the critical acclaim this album’s been getting, and the fact that the artist recently got recognized for “into the unknown”, “the gods we can touch” by aurora is a pretty solid contender for aoty and other categories

i do have a question though, is she eligible for soty and roty and other song categories, as well as music video with “cure for me”? they’re all released during the 2022 grammy eligibilty period btw

Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

If the track was not submitted for the 2022 grammys and is included on the album that was released during the 2023 grammy eligibility period then it is eligible.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Aurora may be too left field for the Grammys. Her only chance would be sneaking into Best Alternative Music Album thanks to her alphabetical order privilege, but there will probably be no room for her this year. Several perennial nominees are confirmed to be releasing albums in 2022, such as Big Thief & Björk. Mitski could also happen for the first time, and there are plenty of rumors about others.

Honestly, her acclaim is also nothing really extraordinary. More critically acclaimed albums of that same niche have been ignored.

And judging by the screening panel’s tradition, she’ll probably be placed in Best Pop Vocal Album, which is a death sentence to any non-A-list, mainstream Pop artist unless they’re a Grammy darling.

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

i think after the critical acclaim this album’s been getting, and the fact that the artist recently got recognized for “into the unknown”, “the gods we can touch” by aurora is a pretty solid contender for aoty and other categories i do have a question though, is she eligible for soty and roty and other song categories, as well as music video with “cure for me”? they’re all released during the 2022 grammy eligibilty period btw

78 based on 12 critics
    https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/422942-aurora-the-gods-we-can-touch.php

Metacritic will probably score 2-3 points higher than that, when they count the more recent reviews. Much higher acclaimed albums, by better known artists missed getting nominations in their own genre, or no nominations at all.

I’m not sure if she can pull a Halsey and get into alternative. Halsey might have been helped by the fact she is better known in the US and she worked with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, who are well known to rock/alternative voters and already have a Grammy, along with an Oscar, an Emmy and a couple of Golden Globes.

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

There are better acts who never won AOTY (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, NWA, Queen, Nirvana…)

lemonade and kendrick’s 3 albums are better than anything the queen has ever thought of doing.

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

Not people debating whether Kendrick or Beyoncé will be the black artist to win AOTY this decade when if it happens it’s probably going to be H.E.R.

if HER gets a strong radio hit maybe a #1 on an album, she’ll probably be sweeping.

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

#EasyOnMe 10 weeks at #1:

• she will be the only female artist with 2 solo songs of 10 weeks or more at #1

• only overall artist with 1 song solo with 10 week at #1 for two decades

• Adele  ties with Elton John as the British solo artists with the most weeks at #1 on the Hot100. 34 weeks at #1

Every artist in history with multiple 10-week No. 1 SOLO songs:

Boyz II Men (2) – 90s
    Drake (2) – 10s
    Adele (2) – 10s & 20s — #Adele  is the first woman, first non-american to achieve this.

Profile picture
    naveand
    Topics:

“Easy On Me” could be one of the longest lasting number ones ever. I definitely think it’s not leaving that spot for awhile.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

F*ck you D**** A*****

My personal bias aside. 🤣

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

“Easy On Me” could be one of the longest lasting number ones ever. I definitely think it’s not leaving that spot for awhile.

Which will demonstrate exactly why Billboard needs to reduce the weight of radio. EOM has currently got 70% of its points coming from it. Nothing but respect for the rightful #1, We Don’t Talk About Bruno!

Johnny Depp is a wifebeater.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

But streaming is the main reason why we have fraudulent #1s??

It’s actually sales. Fans buying multiple copies of the same song.

Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

didn’t billboard recently pass something that limited some sort of sales from 4 to 1, all I remember is something like that happening and everyone commenting how this would impact BTS and their fans record buying tactics.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Radio has outlasted every musical format. It’s never going anywhere. Lol

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

F*ck you D**** A My personal bias aside. 🤣

🤢🤢

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 662 total)

The topic ‘Very Early Grammys 2023 Predictions’ is closed to new replies.