March 14, 2021 at 9:08 pm #1204130591
folklore was locked since the nominations announcement so I would dispute thatMarch 14, 2021 at 9:08 pm #1204130600
March 14, 2021 at 9:10 pm #1204130607
- The new batch of voters influenced on the inconsistencies between Pop and the General Field. Sweeps should become more rare.
- The Grammys shared the wealth the same way the Latin Grammys usually do.
- The Grammys want to award long overdue artists such as Tanya Tucker, Ledisi and specially Nas.
- Country voters will only vote for contemporary Country music if it’s as innovative as Kacey’s. They’re fully supportive of veterans and more traditional music now.
- R&B voters don’t give an eff about chart and impact. It’s all about connections. Expect upsets and don’t trust Gold Derby odds!
- H.E.R. is an industry plant, but I don’t care. I still love her.
1. The Grammys goes unpredictable this year, a YES for me!
2. Billie might be the next Grammy darling
3. Beyonce deserves the record breaking feat, queen!
4. Harry Styles’ win was the most shocking to me, whew!
5. They got it right on SOTY and BNAMarch 14, 2021 at 9:15 pm #1204130641
billie eilish IS the next grammy darlingMarch 14, 2021 at 9:15 pm #1204130642
honey BILLIE IS ALREADY A DARLING
she won more Grammys than Dua, Gaga, Ariana, Taylor and in her off yearMarch 14, 2021 at 9:16 pm #1204130651
Honey, expect the blue-ribbon committee to always rig the General Field nominations to favor white women. YUCK!March 14, 2021 at 9:18 pm #1204130666This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.March 14, 2021 at 9:20 pm #1204130684
Gold Derby should be ignored when it comes to ROTY.March 14, 2021 at 9:20 pm #1204130686
That Billie and Finneas are industry plants and have many connections within the academy. They will continue to win at future ceremonies. I also find Billie fake, if you feel others work is superior then stop submitting your music. Stop going up there and voicing who you think should have won and take pride in your work.
Meet me at midnight…March 14, 2021 at 9:21 pm #1204130696
Alt/Rock voting block is HUGE. I would not be surprised if 7-8 alternative albums made the top20 for AOTY.
folklore and “everything i wanted” winning in the GF proves how influential those voters are.March 14, 2021 at 9:22 pm #1204130701
Expect future voting block inconsistencies between genre categories and the General Field. Having said that, it remains to be seen if “spreading the wealth” is the new normal post-pandemic, or back to sweeps mentality moving forward.March 14, 2021 at 9:22 pm #1204130703This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.March 14, 2021 at 9:24 pm #1204130728
Honey, we also learned that if an artist chooses Super Bowl over Grammys, they will get blocked.March 14, 2021 at 9:38 pm #1204130846
That men who have an actual chance of winning in the GF may have been blocked to ensure that this year will be an all woman win.Not now
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.