Home Forums Music WHAT DID WE LEARNED ABOUT THE 2020 GRAMMYS

WHAT DID WE LEARNED ABOUT THE 2020 GRAMMYS

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
PoweR
Babygirl
alex00g2
  • alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Campaigning appears to help, at least in the general field.

Conservative general field voters will almost never vote for an album with multiple explicit tracks. This is one of the strongest correlations with AOTY wins. You’d need to be like OutKast with a huge selling album, with huge acclaim and huge support in your own genre to beat the odds.

The voters are lazy and vote for the same people multiple times. See Childish Gambino, Bruno Mars and Adele in recent years.

You need genre support to win AOTY. You don’t need to sweep your genre categories, but a previous or current album win is usually needed. See Billie, Kacey and a long list of previous winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY winner diversity over 11 years

2010 Blonde woman
    2011 American/Canadian group
    2012 Blonde (sometimes) woman
    2013 White British dudes
    2014 Robots
    2015 Blonde Scientologist man
    2016 See 2010
    2017 See 2012
    2018 Asian/Latino (?) man
    2019 Brunette woman
    2020 Green haired woman

ReplyCopy URL
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

So that means Childish wins in GF was cuz of genre support?

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

Miley must have been pissed her dad is 2x Grammy winner. Billy Ray had been underrated all his career but he is redeemed now by his wins.

I didn’t watch the live telecast for one reason: too many tributes and performances and less than 10 categories presented on the air. The Grammys must change their producers next year. They can have at least 15 plus categories to present.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

That they love Brandi Carlile but hated Yola.

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙙, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

You need major support to sweep and win LMFAO

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I learned that Billie Eilish is overrated and being white increases one’s chances of winning in the general field

Imagine A World Without Movies

ReplyCopy URL
    Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

White people always win GF.

Just last year Childish Gambino won Song of the Year and Record of the Year.

2 year ago Bruno Mars won Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Record of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Oversaturated campaigning pays off greatly (if you’re white).

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

To me, the show should only be three hours long instead of whatever it ends up going for. It was still going at 11:35 PM EST last night. More award presentations should be shown since they are the reason for the gathering and I don’t mean to sound prejudice when I share this next thought, but in my opinion, those in country music who get to sing should be allowed to sing by themselves instead of having to share their performance slots with someone from another musical format. Those in the other musical fields already get a good deal of attention on the show and so I only think that its fair that those in country music should have just as much if they can’t have more.

God bless you and those who represent country music always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Briana Breeze
    Participant
    Topics:

A few lessons I learned from this year’s Grammys.

When Willie Nelson is nominated, never count him out. I had a feeling he would win Country Solo when the nominations were still announced due to his random wins in Traditional Pop Album over the past few years. One of the predictions I should have stuck with.

Anderson .Paak and PJ Morton are now becoming the favorites in the R&B field as evident in their wins in R&B Performance and R&B Song respectively. I’m thinking “Say So” was on the verge of a nomination for Best R&B Performance and thinking it would have won. Also, if it had gotten nominated there, it would have been nice to see Jojo as a Grammy winner as well.

It is also interesting to note that both .Paak and Morton’s first wins were a result of ties last year. Now, winning on their own proves that they have strong support in the field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

They’re shit since NFR! didn’t win AOTY and Ctrl wasn’t even nominated for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

A few lessons I learned from this year’s Grammys.

When Willie Nelson is nominated, never count him out. I had a feeling he would win Country Solo when the nominations were still announced due to his random wins in Traditional Pop Album over the past few years. One of the predictions I should have stuck with.

Anderson .Paak and PJ Morton are now becoming the favorites in the R&B field as evident in their wins in R&B Performance and R&B Song respectively. I’m thinking “Say So” was on the verge of a nomination for Best R&B Performance and thinking it would have won. Also, if it had gotten nominated there, it would have been nice to see Jojo as a Grammy winner as well.

It is also interesting to note that both .Paak and Morton’s first wins were a result of ties last year. Now, winning on their own proves that they have strong support in the field.

It’s also becoming common for an R&B Song winner to not have a supporting R&B Performance nomination (i.e “Say So,” “Boo’d Up,” “Lake By The Ocean,” “Really Love,” “Pusher Love Girl”).

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Well I learned two things:
    1)Billie I thought wouldn’t win so many but apparently this could be the start of many many grammys for her is she plays her cards right….saying that, I learned to just go with my gut on ROTY since that win proved its not abut chart its gonna go to the same song that wins song of the year.
    2)NEVER UNDERESTIMATE WILLIE NELSON.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

What I learned from the Grammys is that they will almost always go for the same song or artist in ROTY & SOTY, which is essentially redundant.

It’s time to combine those categories and call it a day. ROTY can be treated like AOTY; songwriters, producers, engineers, etc. will all be recognized in the same category. Then everybody will get the Pop Song category they’ve always wanted.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.