Home Forums Music WHAT DID WE LEARNED ABOUT THE 2020 GRAMMYS

WHAT DID WE LEARNED ABOUT THE 2020 GRAMMYS

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
PoweR
Babygirl
alex00g2
  • Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

That watching 2021 Grammys is not worth it

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

ReplyCopy URL
    cnmem10
    Participant
    Topics:

That PopTart Ari-nasel is NOT the Grammy darling most think she is LOL

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Change the way they vote AND the type of voters they have. Preferential voting should be a way to vote instead of doing a straight vote in the GF. This goes for nominations as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Briana Breeze
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, how did Willie Nelson become such a Grammy favorite in the past few years? Was he ever awarded like this in his prime?

When it comes a lesser known/less popular category such as Traditional Pop Album that category has even become more unpredictable. See Willie Nelson’s wins in the past few years and new winner, Elvis Costello.

Until further notice, Best Music Video will always go to the most popular artist/song. Would have loved a surprising win from FKA Twigs in this category though.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

To me, the show should only be three hours long instead of whatever it ends up going for. It was still going at 11:35 PM EST last night. More award presentations should be shown since they are the reason for the gathering

I have a feeling CBS (and Fox, NBC, and ABC, although I don’t know if the latter two show any music awards – Fox is airing the IHeartRadio awards later this year) is under the impression that most viewers are there for the performances. I like to joke that, one of these days, somebody is going to show the East 34th Street Tuesday Afternoon Ladies’ Social Club, Boxing Federation (because you can never have enough title belts), and Country Music Association Music Awards, where the entire show consists of performances, and then, in the closing credits, it says, “To find out the award winners, visit our website.”

Question: does anybody show the awards given out before the telecast, even if it’s only streamed online? The Emmys airs its Creative Arts categories winners, even if it’s edited down to two hours.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, how did Willie Nelson become such a Grammy favorite in the past few years?

I would love to know that too. love a lot of his music and him as a person in general but he isn’t exactly amazing vocally the last couple of albums

ReplyCopy URL
    James Breheney
    Participant
    Topics:

They should cut the amount of performances and air at least 5 more awards on the main telecast.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

I learned the Grammys sort of don’t matter anymore. Mainly because the show told me so. It seemed like nobody cared enough to have a good show. Alicia Keys is a terrible host. Her hosting duties are okay, but she likes to take over segments of the show for no reason at all. It’s like a fucking Alicia Keys Special and she allowed the Grammys to hand out 5 awards.

Then you go to the performances and Camila Cabello who massively flopped with her new album and has 1 shitty nomination in a genre field gets to perform twice? Especially her first song, it was like, why do we need this right now? Shouldn’t you be performing a single to help sell your shitty album? Save this for his 50th birthday party or one of your concerts. Anybody who approved this performance doesn’t give a shit about the show. And this is not hating on Camila, this could’ve applied to anybody else in her position. Like Demi Lovato, for example. Same with the Ken Whatever performance. What the actual fuck? Aerosmith and Ariana Grande gave messy performances. So did Lizzo. Everywhere you looked something was going wrong.

Where are the superstars? Why did Cardi B even go? To sit and “enjoy” a shitty show? Why didn’t she and Offset present something and give some star power to this? Why didn’t Ariana, Lana, Lizzo or some of the many people who were there and nominated so much present? Nobody cared. But hey, at least Smokey Robinson came to present…AGAIN. And Ellen got to tell her “talented, beautiful, tall, great singer…those are words I use to describe myself” joke AGAIN!

I’ve been watching this show now for at least 20 years and this question is still unanswered: Where the fuck are the awards? Why do we keep doing this and why do we celebrate the man responsible for it with a performance that takes time away from…awards? They actually cut to the first commercial without a single award being presented. But hey, at least during this time Alicia Keys sang two songs.

As for the winners, was it really necessary for Billie to win all those awards? I can only think of Lauryn Hill when I think of this feat and she wasn’t even nominated for Record or Song. Nobody else has deserved all 4 awards in one night, not even Amy Winehouse, Mariah, Sheryl Crow, Sam Smith, Paula Cole and so on. Not even Norah Jones had she written Don’t Know Why herself. It looks bad and brings the ceremony down. They should’ve spread these categories and mix them up with many other categories and have some Rock representation live too. This way you don’t see this neon green child going up there with no idea what to say 4 straight times.

I don’t know, I fell asleep at one point and for the first time in many years I considered going to bed and reading all about it this morning. So sad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

They should cut the amount of performances and air at least 5 more awards on the main telecast.

I agree. They should cut out those tributes. 15 or more is better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

I learned the Grammys sort of don’t matter anymore. Mainly because the show told me so. It seemed like nobody cared enough to have a good show. Alicia Keys is a terrible host. Her hosting duties are okay, but she likes to take over segments of the show for no reason at all. It’s like a fucking Alicia Keys Special and she allowed the Grammys to hand out 5 awards. Then you go to the performances and Camila Cabello who massively flopped with her new album and has 1 shitty nomination in a genre field gets to perform twice? Especially her first song, it was like, why do we need this right now? Shouldn’t you be performing a single to help sell your shitty album? Save this for his 50th birthday party or one of your concerts. Anybody who approved this performance doesn’t give a shit about the show. And this is not hating on Camila, this could’ve applied to anybody else in her position. Like Demi Lovato, for example. Same with the Ken Whatever performance. What the actual fuck? Aerosmith and Ariana Grande gave messy performances. So did Lizzo. Everywhere you looked something was going wrong. Where are the superstars? Why did Cardi B even go? To sit and “enjoy” a shitty show? Why didn’t she and Offset present something and give some star power to this? Why didn’t Ariana, Lana or some of the many people who were there and nominated so much present? Nobody cared. But hey, at least Smokey Robinson came to present…AGAIN. I’ve been watching this show now for at least 20 years and this question is still unanswered: Where the fuck are the awards? Why do we keep doing this and why do we celebrate the man responsible for it with a performance that takes time away from…awards? They actually cut to the first commercia without a single award being presented. But hey, at least during this time Alicia Keys sang two songs. As for the winners, was it really necessary for Billie to win all those awards? I can only think of Lauryn Hill when I think of this feat and she wasn’t even nominated for Record or Song. Nobody else has deserved all 4 awards in one night, not even Amy Winehouse, Mariah, Sheryl, Wilson Phillips, Sam Smith, Paula Cole and so on. Not even Norah Jones had she written Don’t Know Why herself. It looks bad and brings the ceremony down. They should’ve spread these categories and mix them up with many others and have some Rock representation live too. I don’t know, I fell asleep at one point and for the first time in many years I considered going to sleep and reading all about it this morning. So sad.

I strongly agree.

ReplyCopy URL
    roserochelle
    Participant
    Topics:

This is one of the strongest correlations with AOTY wins. You’d need to be like OutKast with a huge selling album, with huge acclaim and huge support in your own genre to beat the odds.

Quid of Beyoncé’s Lemonade? She had all 3 but earned the biggest snub of the decade sadly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

I learned the Grammys sort of don’t matter anymore. Mainly because the show told me so. It seemed like nobody cared enough to have a good show. Alicia Keys is a terrible host. Her hosting duties are okay, but she likes to take over segments of the show for no reason at all. It’s like a fucking Alicia Keys Special and she allowed the Grammys to hand out 5 awards.

Then you go to the performances and Camila Cabello who massively flopped with her new album and has 1 shitty nomination in a genre field gets to perform twice? Especially her first song, it was like, why do we need this right now? Shouldn’t you be performing a single to help sell your shitty album? Save this for his 50th birthday party or one of your concerts. Anybody who approved this performance doesn’t give a shit about the show. And this is not hating on Camila, this could’ve applied to anybody else in her position. Like Demi Lovato, for example. Same with the Ken Whatever performance. What the actual fuck? Aerosmith and Ariana Grande gave messy performances. So did Lizzo. Everywhere you looked something was going wrong.

Where are the superstars? Why did Cardi B even go? To sit and “enjoy” a shitty show? Why didn’t she and Offset present something and give some star power to this? Why didn’t Ariana, Lana, Lizzo or some of the many people who were there and nominated so much present? Nobody cared. But hey, at least Smokey Robinson came to present…AGAIN. And Ellen got to tell her “talented, beautiful, tall, great singer…those are words I use to describe myself” joke AGAIN!

I’ve been watching this show now for at least 20 years and this question is still unanswered: Where the fuck are the awards? Why do we keep doing this and why do we celebrate the man responsible for it with a performance that takes time away from…awards? They actually cut to the first commercial without a single award being presented. But hey, at least during this time Alicia Keys sang two songs.

As for the winners, was it really necessary for Billie to win all those awards? I can only think of Lauryn Hill when I think of this feat and she wasn’t even nominated for Record or Song. Nobody else has deserved all 4 awards in one night, not even Amy Winehouse, Mariah, Sheryl Crow, Sam Smith, Paula Cole and so on. Not even Norah Jones had she written Don’t Know Why herself. It looks bad and brings the ceremony down. They should’ve spread these categories and mix them up with many other categories and have some Rock representation live too. This way you don’t see this neon green child going up there with no idea what to say 4 straight times.

I don’t know, I fell asleep at one point and for the first time in many years I considered going to bed and reading all about it this morning. So sad.

Amy would have deserved it on merit. And the last person to accomplish this feat was Christopher Cross in the 80s. Poor Billie will have to carry this burden forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

The production team needs to be revamped. Everything about how the current Grammys look is dated. When they televised Lizzo’s Pop Solo win, it seemed like there was a different production team, but then it went back to its old dated look. Weird.

People say this every year, and the producers still ignore it – SHOW MORE AWARDS! And Comedy Album could have been left at the pre-telecast. This is a MUSIC AWARD SHOW. Show MUSIC AWARDS!

ReplyCopy URL
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

I learned the Grammys sort of don’t matter anymore. Mainly because the show told me so. It seemed like nobody cared enough to have a good show. Alicia Keys is a terrible host. Her hosting duties are okay, but she likes to take over segments of the show for no reason at all. It’s like a fucking Alicia Keys Special and she allowed the Grammys to hand out 5 awards. Then you go to the performances and Camila Cabello who massively flopped with her new album and has 1 shitty nomination in a genre field gets to perform twice? Especially her first song, it was like, why do we need this right now? Shouldn’t you be performing a single to help sell your shitty album? Save this for his 50th birthday party or one of your concerts. Anybody who approved this performance doesn’t give a shit about the show. And this is not hating on Camila, this could’ve applied to anybody else in her position. Like Demi Lovato, for example. Same with the Ken Whatever performance. What the actual fuck? Aerosmith and Ariana Grande gave messy performances. So did Lizzo. Everywhere you looked something was going wrong. Where are the superstars? Why did Cardi B even go? To sit and “enjoy” a shitty show? Why didn’t she and Offset present something and give some star power to this? Why didn’t Ariana, Lana, Lizzo or some of the many people who were there and nominated so much present? Nobody cared. But hey, at least Smokey Robinson came to present…AGAIN. And Ellen got to tell her “talented, beautiful, tall, great singer…those are words I use to describe myself” joke AGAIN! I’ve been watching this show now for at least 20 years and this question is still unanswered: Where the fuck are the awards? Why do we keep doing this and why do we celebrate the man responsible for it with a performance that takes time away from…awards? They actually cut to the first commercial without a single award being presented. But hey, at least during this time Alicia Keys sang two songs. As for the winners, was it really necessary for Billie to win all those awards? I can only think of Lauryn Hill when I think of this feat and she wasn’t even nominated for Record or Song. Nobody else has deserved all 4 awards in one night, not even Amy Winehouse, Mariah, Sheryl Crow, Sam Smith, Paula Cole and so on. Not even Norah Jones had she written Don’t Know Why herself. It looks bad and brings the ceremony down. They should’ve spread these categories and mix them up with many other categories and have some Rock representation live too. This way you don’t see this neon green child going up there with no idea what to say 4 straight times. I don’t know, I fell asleep at one point and for the first time in many years I considered going to bed and reading all about it this morning. So sad.

/end thread

ReplyCopy URL
    Andresg770
    Participant
    Topics:

I learned that people at the pre-telecast Grammys don’t like to sit in the front. Poor Imogen Heap had to beg the audience multiple times, like a church usher, and how many Grammys did she get this year to show for her hard work? ZERO.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.