January 28, 2020 at 3:09 pm #1203317355
After each show the Grammys spend some time and reflect on how they can improve. At least I hope they do. What realistic changes should be made?January 28, 2020 at 3:13 pm #1203317359
Combine Record and Song of the Year since often times voters don’t distinguish. It’s also not really necessary anymore since artists rarely don’t write/having writing credits on their songs.
Ranked voting. The Oscars do it and ideally it would force voters to listen to every nominated song in the category.
Too many old voters who are not in tune with current landscape. Perhaps after a certain age, artists have to take some kind of test to keep their voting rights? Maybe instead of 6(?) music credits, they should have to have 12?January 28, 2020 at 3:15 pm #1203317369
Number One priority is preferential ballot and cut some of the classical categoriesJanuary 28, 2020 at 3:17 pm #1203317373
1. Preferential Ballots in all GF categories for both nominations and final vote.
2. Less interfering from the committees when it comes to the voters favorites. ASIB who sold 7.5M WW in one year definitely deserved a spot over 7 and I Used To Know Her.
3. Either merging Song of the Year and Record of the Year, or being more aggressive in the distinction between the two at the nomination stage. Had they shut out Bad Guy from SOTY for example, Truth Hurts would’ve probably won and it would’ve been more fitting.
4. For the time being to prevent sweeps from happening every year, they should stop nominating people across the board unless they really deserve it. Bruno Mars didn’t deserve 3 nominations across the field. Neither did Billie, nor Lizzo. That kind of across the field nominations should be reserved for really deserving cases like 21 and Lemonade.January 28, 2020 at 3:17 pm #1203317376
Drastically reduce the amount of performers on the broadcast and show more awards.
If you’re going to have boring shit winners, then at least have the decency of making the show good and not snore worthy.January 28, 2020 at 3:19 pm #1203317381
The committee needs to be more transparent and accountable. Obviously you can’t release their names or else Scooter will attempt to bribe them, but perhaps after nominations are announced the names of the members should be made public. Then next year an entirely new committee is created. Perhaps the committee meeting/discussion is recorded and released after the nominations?January 28, 2020 at 3:38 pm #1203317413
Showing more awards is the first thing that needs to be changed. Showing more awards also means highlighting different genres. There needs to be more of a balance of genres highlighted on the main telecast and not just the general and pop field with an occassional bone to country and rap. Show more R&B, Rock or even a Latin or American Roots category so that way, the artists in various genres can get more exposure.
The irrelevant performances. Did we really need a performance dedicated to the Grammy producer along with Camila Cabello performing twice? Also, the performances should not just be comprised of what is on the top 40 of Billboard. Some of the performances I have seen on the pre-telecast were more entertaining and deserving of a slot on the main show than some of the other performances that made air.
I think that ROTY and SOTY should remain intact, there should be more of a clear distinction of both awards though.January 28, 2020 at 3:49 pm #1203317430
Just copying and pasting my thing from the other thread.
1. Combine Record of the Year and Song of the Year and just call it Record of the Year. Award the artist(s), producer(s) and songwriter(s) with one award instead of splitting, as voters clearly don’t make any distinction between the two.
2. Only invite General Field nominees to perform. Artists who aren’t even nominated in any category being allowed to perform is a wasted slot and a waste of time.
3. Scrap tribute performances altogether, unless the artist whose passed has an extensive Grammy history or outstanding impact on music. Artists like Nipsey Hussle, who had very limited impact on music, need nothing more than a mention on their In Memoriam presentation.
4. Cut down on the number of performances and televise more awards. Like I said previously there are far too many unnecessary performances. It’s an awards show after all.
5. Combine all Duo/Group Performance categories with Solo Performance categories. I’ve never understood why they’ve always been separated.
6. Combine Performance categories with Song categories in every genre. Just like combining ROTY/SOTY, the artist, producer(s) and songwriter(s) would all be awarded with the same award.
7. Get rid or combine the majority of those Classical categories. Not sure why there’s so many – most of them are awarding the same thing. There’s other categories I think should be combined in other genres but I can’t be bothered going into detail.
8. Preferential voting in Album of the Year. With the expansion of the number of nominees, I think it’s time the Grammys follow the Oscars footsteps in the way they vote for Best Picture .
9. Go Host-less. My God Alicia Keys has been AWFUL the last two years. Again they should follow the Oscars footsteps and try without a host. It makes the show run smoother and imo, is a lot more entertaining.January 28, 2020 at 4:22 pm #1203317472
Honey, fuck it! Black people: do NOT go to the White People’s Awards anymore.January 28, 2020 at 4:23 pm #1203317474
Preferential voting in Album of the Year. With the expansion of the number of nominees, I think it’s time the Grammys follow the Oscars footsteps in the way they vote for Best Picture .
No it should be in all General Field categories, not just AOTY. The Oscars have it in Best Picture only because it’s the only category with 5+ nominees.January 28, 2020 at 4:43 pm #1203317511
Ew @ at the combined SOTY/ROTY suggestions.
But anyways I’d say stuff like preferential voting for AOTY is needed, they need to show more awards in the main show, only have the AOTY nominees perform and go host-less.January 28, 2020 at 5:01 pm #1203317541
I think only album of the year nominees should perform. And if some don’t attend then have other nominees from the general field. I meantioned this in another thread that I would love for them to adopt the emmys format of presenting the awards.
Televise like 3 Grammys from the most popular genres:
And the big 4 throughout the show. This is an award show we want to see awards.
- This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by JustGuy89.
- This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by JustGuy89.
Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
Album of the Year: folklore
Song of the Year: cardigan
Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
Pop Vocal Album: folklore
Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful GhostsJanuary 28, 2020 at 5:15 pm #1203317555
1. More awards on the show
2. Less performances
3. Combination of ROTY/SOTY
4. Preferential voting
5. New production teamJanuary 28, 2020 at 5:23 pm #1203317572
1. VOTERS. CHANGE THE DEMOGRAPHIC OF THE VOTERS. Old white men who are rock and/or “country” heads do not need to be the majority of voters. They are being lazy and not open minded of what is objectively the best.
2. Preferential voting. An extended lineup of 8 needs ranked voting.
3. A requirement of listening to ALL of the nominees online or else they cannot vote on said category otherwise.
4. Only have GF nominees be the performers. There is no reason for dull ass Camilla Cabello to be performing twice when she isn’t even one of the most nominated acts. These are AWARDS for a reason. Hand out THE AWARDS. That way, we wouldn’t have to omit R&B field from the show in favor of Comedy Album.
5. We don’t need a host. The Oscars did fine without one, the Grammys can do it too.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.