February 8, 2021 at 6:15 am #1204030170
Who do you think will headline the 2022 Super Bowl Halftime show? (I put just women because they switch the gender of the headliner each year so it will most likely be a female performing.)
- This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by folklorevoodoo.
- This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by folklorevoodoo.
ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.February 8, 2021 at 6:28 am #1204030197
Honey, the legendary ‘Voice of Her Generation’ Christina Aguilera. The bitch has the discography.February 8, 2021 at 6:48 am #1204030219
She’s a legendary diva with a huge catalog of #1 hits. Her performances are typically lackluster. But if asked, I doubt MC would say no.
👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)February 8, 2021 at 7:12 am #1204030247
I don’t know what Mariah would do in Superbowl Halftime. Halftimes are supposedly energetic and lively and we all know she does not incorporate dance moves when she performs.
I would love to see Ariana Grande. That girl can perform! there will definitely be a lot of vocal moments and I won’t be surprised if Mariah is her guest performer.February 8, 2021 at 7:43 am #1204030293
I think at this point, there’s no bigger star to do the show than Taylor Swift. She’s more than ready, already has the hits, her vocals have improved a lot and her stage presence fills a whole stadiums (the reputation stadium tour is the most evident proof of this). Last year solidified her logevitty and evolved from pop icon to music legend. It would be a hit, plus she already has the repertoire to do an amazing show.
With male artists is a little bit more difficult, proof is this year’s show. I personally believe out of the male singer that haven’t done it, Justin Bieber is the only one who pull it off. Ed Sheeran could do it but would need some guests and even though I think Shawn Mendes is the best male vocalist in the industry I don’t think he’s ready or has the discography to do a show like this.
Jonas Brothers would be a very energetic and vibran show but they still need to prove a few more things in their carreer and get more hits.. but the stage presence of these boys, especially Joe and Nick totally fits.
I hope Rihanna does it one day, but I think she’s no interested. Pink would also do great.February 8, 2021 at 7:51 am #1204030312
Taylor Swift has the spot any year she wants it at this point. Her, Ariana, and Justin are the only undeniable current pop stars who have not done it yet, and she is by far the best performer and biggest artist of the three. I think she might wait until she becomes more of a legacy artist though. Rihanna and Drake also have the hits, but Rihanna is on indefinite hiatus and Drake doesn’t have the presence or endurance to do it. I bet Ariana will do it next year.February 8, 2021 at 7:53 am #1204030314
Taylor Swift has the spot any year she wants it at this point. Her, Ariana, and Justin are the only undeniable current pop stars who have not done it yet, and she is by far the best performer and biggest artist of the three. I think she might wait until she becomes more of a legacy artist though. Rihanna and Drake also have the hits, but Rihanna is on indefinite hiatus and Drake doesn’t have the presence or endurance to do it. I bet Ariana will do it next year.
Justin + performance = abusing the audience and throwing tantrums.February 8, 2021 at 8:09 am #1204030337
1. Britney Spears + Christina Aguilera + Backstreet Boys
2. Adele + Elton John + Spice Girls
3. Gwen Stefani / No Doubt + Blake Shelton
4. Jay Z + Beyonce
5. Stevie Wonder + Usher + Alicia Keys
6. Foo Fighters + Alabama Shakes + Twenty One Pilots + Bon Jovi+ Beck
7. A divas reunion: Beyonce, Shakira, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, Gwen Stefani, Alicia Keys, Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, Shania Twain, Alanis Morissette, Mary G Blige, Diana Ross…
8. Ed Sheeran + Jonas Brothers + Justin Bieber
9. Eminem + Kendrick Lamar
10. Latin Mushup: Ricky Martin, Camila Cabello, Enrique Iglesias, Juanes, Maluma, Marc Anthony, Rosalía, Gloria Estefan, Karol G, Bad Bunny, J Balvin, Kali Uchis, Daddy Yankee, Camilo, Sebastián Yatra, Cardi B.
11. Post Malone + Drake + Miley Cyrus
12. Daft Punk + Pharrell Williams + Dua Lipa + The Strokes.February 8, 2021 at 8:10 am #1204030341
Taylor Swift needs to perform at the Superbowl not just because she’s one of the few artists to have the big hits but more-so because she’s essentially transformed as a performer since reputation. Had she stayed the same performer since the 1989 era then i wouldn’t be rooting for her because even though her stage presence has always been one of the best, her live vocals have improved tenfold.
A lot of people doubt her but they’re stuck in this old narrative of her being a bad performer. Every single awards show performance of hers since the rep era: most notably the 2018 and 2019 AMAs and the 2019 VMA performances show how naturally she has the audience at the palm of her hands, every single one of them on their feet. Even with just her guitar and piano she has that distinct charisma you can’t manufacture.
She’s also the only artist other than Beyonce that can go on a ‘stadium’ world tour and pack them up. Grossing $345 million from just 53 shows is no small feat. Out of all the artists to debut this century she is the most deserving but my only concern is that she personally doesn’t care or wants to do it.February 8, 2021 at 8:39 am #1204030386
now onto who i realistically think will end up performing next year:
– Ariana – because she wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to perform if she gets approached, she is very much the most ubiquitous popstar right now. Out of all the main pop girls right now she is the one that’s always/most active; she is always present on social media and doesn’t show a single sign of ever going on a hiatus. If she gets approached i don’t see her turning it down. As for as the hits go, if The Weeknd has enough hits to perform then so does she.
– Justin – similar to Ariana, Justin is also currently the most ubiquitous male popstar right now with like 3 pop radio hits, the GP is not tired or bored of him yet regardless of how many stans hate on him. He is not an albums artist but he is one of the best singles artist. Thats all you need for the superbowl and Justin has that star power and catalgoue to perform. He’s also a great energetic performer and if we really works hard for it i could see him pull a great show.
– Also because they’re both managed by Scooter Braun i would definitely place my bets on either one of them getting the gig next year.
– Kendrick – outside of those two i definitely think Kendrick could end up getting the offer. He’s expected to release a new album this year and he always does quite a lot of promo for his releases. Following the release maybe in the second half of the year with a massive hit by early 2022 i could see him performing it. He also has the support of the GP to perform a setlist that they would all enjoy. In fact out of all the male popstars my favourite is him.
– Drake – he definitely has the catalogue for it. He’s essentially the biggest hitmaker of our generation. He would definitely bring up a lot of guests like nicki, future etc. it could be massive.
– Eminem – he’s the best selling solo male albums artist of the US this century. He definitely has the GP support and definitely has the catalogue for it. The only reason he’s not high up on my list is because he doesn’t really promote his music nowadays, he just drops new music then disappears.
– Rihanna would be up there at the top but she’s already made it clear she doesn’t want anything to do with it so that’s a no.February 8, 2021 at 8:40 am #1204030390
I kinda like the combo performances (like Shakira + JLo).
Post Malone/Miley Cyrus?
Have a great day if you see this!
FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
Male/Straight/BLMFebruary 8, 2021 at 8:58 am #1204030419
They don’t always choose someone that’s relevant at the moment so I think it’s possible they paired together Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears. I don’t think either one could do it by themselves and Britney is getting a lot of publicity because of her doc. They definitely have hits.February 8, 2021 at 9:13 am #1204030491
Hoping for P!nk or Taylor
ROTY: Don't Start Now
BNA: Phoebe BridgersFebruary 8, 2021 at 9:15 am #1204030518
Taylor or Ariana.
Please not Justin Bieber.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.