Home Forums Music Who should perform at the Superbowl 2022 Halftime Show?

Who should perform at the Superbowl 2022 Halftime Show?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 163 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
TomJerry
Gab
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Adele is also a possibility, she’s about to do a Vegas Residency.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

They just had the Weeknd, there’s no way they’ll go for Bieber and Ariana, two relatively new acts. Unless the NFL wants their ratings to tank.

Considering they had the lowest ratings they had since what the 1960s/70s (?!) the NFL would do the best they can to book acts with more GP recognition.

**NFL will definitely intervene this time. I doubt if Roc Nation will have as much say considering the ratings drop.

Huh? Ariana & Justin are two of the most well known popstars right now, with tons of GP recognition, multiple hits this year and in years prior.

Justin was making hits years before The Weeknd came into mainstream prominence and Ariana has been in the music scene as long as the Weeknd…”…new acts…”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I think that’s a possibility however I think it would be unfair to both of them to do a joint performance as they both are more than capable and have enough hits to do it on their own and deserve to have the spotlight on them alone when the time comes. I also think it would make more sense for them to do it together if they had more collaborations together. Their music is also a bit too different to put on a cohesive performance in my opinion but who knows with Scooter.

Maroon V and Travis Scott literally did it together. What does  “different music” and “cohesive performance” have to do with it 😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Huh? Ariana & Justin are two of the most well known popstars right now, with tons of GP recognition, multiple hits this year and in years prior. Justin was making hits years before The Weeknd came into mainstream prominence and Ariana has been in the music scene as long as the Weeknd…”…new acts…”

These are still relatively new acts. And i’ve already made my explanation regarding why.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Cardi B x Megan Thee Stallion could be a fun Half Time show. But that will never happen. The FCC would receive hella complaints.

In an alternate universe, Ciara x Jason Derulo would slay.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Gab
    Topics:

Maroon V and Travis Scott literally did it together. What does “different music” and “cohesive performance” have to do with it 😂

And it was without a doubt the worst Super Bowl Halftime performance in history. The reception was horrible. If the artist’s music don’t mesh well it’s a shitshow.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

They are not big enough though. Carrie might be a big deal in country music but not so much GP hits, same with JoBros except for Sucker and Cake by the Ocean. Ed Sheeran is big enough but still my point stands, if they want hype people, Ed Sheeran shouldn’t be the right choice.

CBTO isn’t technicaly a Jonas Brothers song, it’s by DNCE (who are fronted by Joe).

JB & Carrie would be poor choices. Ed makes sense, but would put on a lackluster show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Huh? Ariana & Justin are two of the most well known popstars right now, with tons of GP recognition, multiple hits this year and in years prior. Justin was making hits years before The Weeknd came into mainstream prominence and Ariana has been in the music scene as long as the Weeknd…”…new acts…”

Have you seen facts and datas regarding the Weeknd’s Superbowl’s Halftime Show? Why would they try do that again for two consecutive years. Pepsi and Coca-Cola literally pulled out. They’ll do their best to switch it up by getting much more recognizable acts by “middle America”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

These are still relatively new acts. And i’ve already made my explanation regarding why.

How are they new acts when they have been around for over 10 years with multiple massive hits?

They’ve been around the same time/longer than The Weeknd who just performed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gab
    Topics:

A lot of artist’s have the hits but don’t bring anything to the table when it comes to being able to put on a show. That’s why the choices are so limited. You need to be able to deliver a quality performance as well as have the hits that everyone knows, not one or the other

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Have you seen facts and datas regarding the Weeknd’s Superbowl’s Halftime Show? Why would they try do that again for two consecutive years. Pepsi and Coca-Cola literally pulled out. They’ll do their best to switch it up by getting much more recognizable acts by “middle America”

“Middle America” knows who Justin is. 10,000 hours was a huge country smash in addition to his many other hit songs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

And it was without a doubt the worst Super Bowl Halftime performance in history. The reception was horrible. If the artist’s music don’t mesh well it’s a shitshow.

Bruno Mars and Coldplay did it together.

Madonna, who once broke the record of the most watched Superbowl in history did it with LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. and CeeLo Green.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

“Middle America” knows who Justin is. 10,000 hours was a huge country smash in addition to his many other hit songs.

No.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Considering they had the lowest ratings they had since what the 1960s/70s (?!) the NFL would do the best they can to book acts with more GP recognition.

This was going to happen regardless of who headlined. EVERY single event this year, whether it be the Oscars, Grammys or Superbowl, had their lowest ever ratings. The rating drop wasn’t because of The Weeknd, it’s because no one really cared about the Superbowl admist a global pandemic.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.