Home Forums Music Who Will Lead the 2013 Grammy Nominations?

Who Will Lead the 2013 Grammy Nominations?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
Ryan Earle
Final2
Alijah Purdy
  • vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

easily Justin Timberlake, Part 1 was AMAZING. Part two was good. The complete (both editions) is impossible to beat but part one deserves album of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

The awful Justin Timberlake will unfortunately. His continued success is one the most puzzling things ive ever witnessed. Its the same redundant music awards-bodies keep awarding him for. Watch him win album of the year for that garbage.

Agreed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is could (not saying she will) get 9 nominations if she’s completely blocked from the GF she’s definitely getting all 4 country slots and Pop solo. I think she’s gonna get about 6 nominations. Her album was many genres. The only song that’s a long shot is Every Thing Has Changed for Pop Duo/Group.

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

Timberlake and Macklemore. I expect 8 for Timberlake and 8-9 for Macklemore.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Earle
    Topics:

Taylor is no lock in pop solo, she has never received a nomination in that new category. The only time she got into a pop solo category was when the field was split up by gender. There is a lot of competition from actual pop contenders this year.

Bruno Mars
    Katy perry
    Justin Timberlake
    Are all assured nominations

Lady gaga and Lorde will more than likely round out the nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is no lock in pop solo, she has never received a nomination in that new category. The only time she got into a pop solo category was when the field was split up by gender. There is a lot of competition from actual pop contenders this year.

Bruno Mars
    Katy perry
    Justin Timberlake
    Are all assured nominations

Lady gaga and Lorde will more than likely round out the nominations.

I Knew You Where Trouble spent 7 weeks at #1 on the Pop Charts more than anyone else in 2013 and she’s never had a strictly pop song ever so past nominations in this category mean nothing. I say she’s a lock based on the success of the song. ALSO You belong with me would of got in the new format it was also of for RotY. Why do you keep trying to correct All my opinions?

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor will get any where near the most amount of nominations. I have her picking up 3 nominations: Pop Solo (“I Knew You Were Trouble”), Country Duo/Group (“Highway Don’t Care”), and Country Album (Red). “Begin Again” was not that big of a country hit this year, so I doubt she gets in to country performance or song. Not when facing competition from Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, and Kacey Musgraves. Right now, I have the nominations as:

Best Country Solo Performance:
    Luke Bryan – “Crash My Party”
    Miranda Lambert – “Mama’s Broken Heart”
    Kacey Musgraves – “Merry Go Round”
    Blake Shelton – “Mine Would Be You”
    Carrie Underwood – “Two Black Cadillacs”

alt: Keith Urban – “Little Bit of Everything” or Darius Rucker – “Wagon Wheel”

Best Country Song:
    Miranda Lambert – “Mama’s Broken Heart”
    Tim McGraw – “Highway Don’t Care”
    Kacey Musgraves – “Merry Go Round”
    Blake Shelton – “Mine Would Be You”
    Carrie Underwood – “Two Black Cadillacs”

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Begin Again peeked at 3 on country airplay so how is that not as big at 2BC(2) MBH (2) MGR (11) it’s also acclaimed billboard called it the 6th best song of 2012. Also Miranda’s only had a song received 2 nominations and that was The House That Build Me. Which was amazing. I really don’t see why people wouldn’t for it. It’s just like White Horse.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

Begin Again peeked at 3 on country airplay so how is that not as big at 2BC(2) MBH (2) MGR (11) it’s also acclaimed billboard called it the 6th best song of 2012. Also Miranda’s only had a song received 2 nominations and that was The House That Build Me. Which was amazing. I really don’t see why people wouldn’t for it. It’s just like White Horse.

But you are forgetting one thing. Something that songs like “Merry Go Round”, “Crash My Party”, “Two Black Cadillacs”, and “Mama’s Broken Heart” all have going for them that “Begin Again” doesn’t is that they are still getting played on radio today, months after the songs were released. “Begin Again” was released back in October of 2012, and was a minor hit, then it faded away. It doesn’t get anywhere near the amount of radio airplay that the other songs have. Songs like “Mama’s Broken Heart”, “Crash My Party”, and “Merry Go Round” still get enough radio airplay to be fresh in voters minds when they are filling out their ballots, unlike “Begin Again”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

But its Taylor that pulls in the voters. I pretty sure she has more nominations then any in that group. Unlike the other songs Begin Again peeked in the top 10. None of Taylor’s awards winning songs (White Horse, Mean and Safe & Sound) hit #1 on the country charts. She’s always been nominated in the country song and performance categories. Begin again was released Oct 1st so it could be nominated this year. She also wrote the song solo which is a plus and Crash My Party got bad reviews. If you wanna say only radio airplay counts the Merry Go Round shouldn’t be nominated either. It also should be noted that Miranda has never been nominated for Country solo despite having tons of singles. How powerful is Taylor at the Grammys Safe and Sound got zero airplay and was nominated it wasn’t even a single. The Grammys are Taylor’s playground she’s always in the mix like last year. She’s always probably preforming there and winning at least more then once.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Earle
    Topics:

Not to start a fight or anything, but I honestly believe “Safe and Sound” got in because of being on a hit soundtrack from a hit movie. I mean it could have been a song written by Sara Evans, Faith Hill, Reba or anybody and it would have got nominated because it was part of a hit movies soundtrack and also because T Bone Burnett is attached to that song and the industry is totally in love with him. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Earle
    Topics:

If Taylor is vulnerable in ANY country category, I would say it would be Country Song. Simply because a lot of other songs have been nominated for the precursor awards and Begin Again hasn’t really been nominated for any songwriting awards. 

I do believe she is a lock in Album, Country duo and Country Solo though. I’m predicting her to get into Song, but I do see that category as one that she could possibly miss. Don’t forget that all her previous nominations for Country Song were for songs that were played non-stop on Country Radio. To be honest, and I live here in Nashville, I think I’ve heard the song maybe twice on the radio back last year and that was it. Just giving a reasoning as to why she could miss out in Country Song this year, even though she’s gotten into the category many times before.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

True especially about T Bone. It was a fantastic song. I love the Civil Wars It’s How I Found them. I like us being Civil Ryan :-p

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

I live in south bend and it was on a few times a days not all the time. You can’t expect a slow ballad to receive tons of airplay without powerful vocals.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I live in south bend and it was on a few times a days not all the time. You can’t expect a slow ballad to receive tons of airplay without powerful vocals.

Sure you can. “Over You” by Miranda Lambert got tons of airplay and it didn’t have powerful vocals. “Stay” by Sugarland got tons of airplay and it didn’t have tons of vocals.

I’m just saying “Begin Again” wasn’t as big of a hit as “Mean” or even “White Horse”, which won Taylor some Grammy’s. Both of those songs continued to get airplay throughout the entire year, while “Begin Again” was a hit while it was climbing up the charts, but fell off and didn’t receive much airplay after. Plus she does have some competition for solo performance.

Carrie Underwood has been nominated for a Performance Grammy (Female Country Performance and Solo Performance) every year since 2007, and has won 4 times. She was even nominated last year, despite submitting both “Good Girl” and “Blown Away”. This year, she submitted “Two Black Cadillacs” and “See You Again”, so either of those songs (more than likely “Two Black Cadillacs”) is getting in.

Kacey Musgraves is receiving INCREDIBLE amounts of buzz this year, so she is definitely getting in for “Merry Go Round”, and will probably end up winning the category.

Blake Shelton has received nominations the past 2 years in this category, so he is probably getting nominated. I believe he submitted “Mine Would Be You”, which is an incredibly well-written song, and has great vocals, so he is getting in. The same can be said if he submitted “Sure Be Cool If You Did”.

Lee Brice has alot of buzz for “I Drive Your Truck”, so that could get nominated as well. I think it’s definitely getting nominated in the song category.

Then, of course, you have songs from Miranda Lambert, Keith Urban, Luke Bryan, and Darius Rucker. I don’t think its impossible for Taylor to get nominated for Country Performance, I just think she won’t be. She has a better chance in country song than country performance.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.