Home Forums Music Who Will Lead the 2013 Grammy Nominations?

Who Will Lead the 2013 Grammy Nominations?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
Ryan Earle
Final2
Alijah Purdy
  • Leonardo
    Topics:

[quote=”RyanEarle”]Taylor is no lock in pop solo, she has never received a nomination in that new category. The only time she got into a pop solo category was when the field was split up by gender. There is a lot of competition from actual pop contenders this year.
    Bruno Mars
    Katy perry
    Justin Timberlake
    Are all assured nominations
    Lady gaga and Lorde will more than likely round out the nominations.

I Knew You Where Trouble spent 7 weeks at #1 on the Pop Charts more than anyone else in 2013 and she’s never had a strictly pop song ever so past nominations in this category mean nothing. I say she’s a lock based on the success of the song. ALSO You belong with me would of got in the new format it was also of for RotY. Why do you keep trying to correct All my opinions?[/quote]

Blurred Lines and its 10 weeks at #1 this year say Hi!

‘We Are Never Ever Getting Bacl Together’ and its ROTY nomination without Pop Solo Performance (where it was submitted) nom say Hi! too…  

ReplyCopy URL
    anticore
    Topics:

I do believe Taylor will get into Pop Solo but not Roty with I Knew You Were Trouble this time, just my opinion.. Pop Solo is less competitive this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

My Bad I didn’t know that Blurred Lines spent 10 weeks. So IKYWT is 2nd to it. WANEGBT was also a Country song and not strictly a pop song like 22 and IKYWT. My post keep on getting eased I had paragraph that just disappeared. 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Earle
    Topics:

Blurred lines is in pop duo category though.

Also don’t forget last years Grammy darling Kelly Clarkson is in pop this year too. I normally wouldn’t bring her up but she shocked everyone by getting in to the general field last year, so the Grammys seem to like her.

Also Pink has “try” in there as well.

Those are 6 pop field mainstays plus 1 hit newbie that Taylor needs to overcome to get nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Taylor will get into pop solo. But I doubt Kelly gets into pop solo. “Catch My Breath” is suffering from the same thing that “Begin Again” is suffering from in the country categories. That is, it was a minor hit when it was first released, but since then hasn’t received much radio airplay. I think that will hurt her chances of getting into pop solo. Last year, she got in because “Stronger” was a huge hit. “Catch My Breath”, however, wasn’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

My Bad I didn’t know that Blurred Lines spent 10 weeks. So IKYWT is 2nd to it. WANEGBT was also a Country song and not strictly a pop song like 22 and IKYWT. My post keep on getting eased I had paragraph that just disappeared. 🙁

But it was submitted strictly to Pop categories, and failed to get nominated. So, in your own words, it was strictly pop and failed to get nominated. Doesn’t matter if it was also a country song, it was submitted to only pop categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

All I said was Taylor has never had a strictly pop single until IKYWT. WANEGBT was on country radio. Also I think she was nominated out of nowhere It had little over a month of eligibility and IKYWT had been a bigger hit and being very positive experiment for Taylor. It one of the biggest hits this year and for Taylor’s career. You can’t look past Taylor’s Grammy past it’s way more positive then Pinks and Kellys. She is so involved with the Grammys opening last year and hosting the nominations show twice and actually showing up to the pre televised show which not that many people go to even if they win. Also at the end of the day what’s better the Pop field or the General field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Earle
    Topics:

Kelly and pinks grammy past in pop solo is way better then Taylor’s. They both have more pop performance nominations then Taylor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Earle
    Topics:

Also remember, most country voters don’t vote in the pop categories at the Grammys. We only get a few categories to vote in. Pink, Kelly etc are in the pop voting categories, meaning all their supporters def. vote in the pop field. The pop field isn’t like other categories where there is a nominating committee, in pop it’s top five vote getters are the nominees. Hope this makes sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

I was meaning Grammy history as a whole and with win/loss. Kellys won 3 wile I think Pink has 2 both having 10 years+ singing Taylor has 7 wins with multiple nominations in 3 different fields. I kinda get what your saying too. It’s so confusing. I really don’t think Taylor’s getting snubbed her the song was so big early this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Earle
    Topics:

Ok was just letting you know so you wouldn’t set yourself up for disappointment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

Like I said, I think Taylor is getting nominated in the pop field. The country solo performance and country song is where she is going to be snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ooohshiny
    Topics:

[quote=”Final2″][quote=”RyanEarle”]Taylor is no lock in pop solo, she has never received a nomination in that new category. The only time she got into a pop solo category was when the field was split up by gender. There is a lot of competition from actual pop contenders this year.
    Bruno Mars
    Katy perry
    Justin Timberlake
    Are all assured nominations
    Lady gaga and Lorde will more than likely round out the nominations.

I Knew You Where Trouble spent 7 weeks at #1 on the Pop Charts more than anyone else in 2013 and she’s never had a strictly pop song ever so past nominations in this category mean nothing. I say she’s a lock based on the success of the song. ALSO You belong with me would of got in the new format it was also of for RotY. Why do you keep trying to correct All my opinions?[/quote]

Blurred Lines and its 10 weeks at #1 this year say Hi!

‘We Are Never Ever Getting Bacl Together’ and its ROTY nomination without Pop Solo Performance (where it was submitted) nom say Hi! too…  [/quote]

The Story of US and Today Was a Fairytale would like to join this party.  They were both pop only singles and I think both were submitted to the pop (maybe even the general field) at the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.