Home Forums Music WINNER PREDICTIONS – Record of the Year 2020

WINNER PREDICTIONS – Record of the Year 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
Phelipe
ELIAS
WINNER PREDICTIONS – Record of the Year 2020
HEY, MA (Bon Iver)
BAD GUY (Billie Eilish)
7 RINGS (Ariana Grande)
HARD PLACE (H.E.R.)
TALK (Khalid)
OLD TOWN ROAD (Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus)
TRUTH HURTS (Lizzo)
SUNFLOWER (Post Malone & Swae Lee)
  • Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

Who will win this one?

Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

Bad Guy

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I say this will be a three-way race among OTR, “Truth Hurts” and “Bad Guy.”

I have “Truth Hurts” winning SOTY, so it makes sense for it to win ROTY. “Bad Guy” just seems like an underwhelming pick, so I have it as a spoiler.

OTR could win in the same way “Get Lucky,” “Somebody I Used to Know,” and “Uptown Funk”. All were very big hits without SOTY nominations. OTR, despite how lightweight is, feels like the most ROTY track of the bunch. Crazy how much love Lil Nas X got. AOTY was excessive and the panel knows it.

ReplyCopy URL
    phelip
    Participant
    Topics:

bad guy is going to win, but i’d be AMAZED with a surprise win for Hey Ma lol

ReplyCopy URL
    phelip
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Lil Nas has any chance to win in a big category, despite his sucess this year. But he’ll win Best Music Video and Pop Duo/Group Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    MovieManiac405
    Participant
    Topics:

There are four here that actually have a shot: Old Town Road, Sunflower, Truth Hurts, and Bad Guy.

Bad Guy – just doesn’t have that classic “Record of the Year Grammy” sound to me. I don’t see it winning. Pop Solo maybe, but not here.

Old Town Road – Somewhat likely, but the biggest song doesn’t always win here.

Sunflower – I think it really hurts that it didn’t make it into Song from Media. I was predicting it for Record of the Year before the nominations came out. Still, it could happen.

Truth Hurts – Yup. Everyone loved this song in 2019. Empowering, great vocals, catchy… all the ingredients are there for a ROTY win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Paweł Pniewski
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Old Town Road
    2. 7 Rings
    3. Hey, Ma

Hope Lizzo nor Billie won’t win RotY this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    crobaticaa
    Participant
    Topics:

old town road

ReplyCopy URL
    Gagamon
    Participant
    Topics:

after the unexpected love they showed to lil nas x, I’m predicting him to take his most likely award, he’s also winning music video

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

WILL WIN: Old Town Road

COULD UPSET: Truth Hurts

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Old Town Road deserves to win this catagory. This 1. defined the eligibility year. 2. Biggest #1 song ever, at least of this decade, beating artists like Taylor Swift, Shawn Mendes, Billie Eilish and Ed Sheeran. 3. The song is produced extremely well. I mean people were debating whether it’s a rap, pop or country song (it’s a pop song with elements of trap and country). 4. A win for LGBT artists in general, who are always pushed to the side and allows allies to speak their truth instead. Hopefully Lil Nas X and Billie Ray Cyrus wins.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    RichardAniston
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Bad Guy will take it.

I have OTR in second. It was a huge, commercially and culturally. Also, Lil Nas overperformed with the nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Bad Guy will take it. I have OTR in second. It was a huge, commercially and culturally. Also, Lil Nas overperformed with the nominations.

I have Bad Guy as number 2 for me. Although I do feel Bad Guy is produced extremely well and levels if not is better than Old Town Road.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Old Town Road deserves to win this catagory. This 1. defined the eligibility year. 2. Biggest #1 song ever, at least of this decade, beating artists like Taylor Swift, Shawn Mendes, Billie Eilish and Ed Sheeran. 3. The song is produced extremely well. I mean people were debating whether it’s a rap, pop or country song (it’s a pop song with elements of trap and country). 4. A win for LGBT artists in general, who are always pushed to the side and allows allies to speak their truth instead. Hopefully Lil Nas X and Billie Ray Cyrus wins.

Honey, the Grammys do NOT  give a crap about LGBT representation in the rewarding process. Straight cis white people always prevail.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

SHOULD WIN: Bad Guy
    WILL WIN: Bad Guy
    COULD WIN: Old Town Road

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.