Home Forums Music WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020

WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 351 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
ELIAS
ayanami
WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020
ALWAYS REMEMBER US THIS WAY (Lady GaGa)
BAD GUY (Billie Eilish)
BRING MY FLOWERS NOW (Tanya Tucker)
HARD PLACE (H.E.R.)
LOVER (Taylor Swift)
NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL (Lana Del Rey)
SOMEONE YOU LOVED (Lewis Capaldi)
TRUTH HURTS (Lizzo)
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling neither Billie nor Lizzo will anything outside of BNA in the GF.

I think RoTY will go to OTR and SoTY will be a surprise.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling neither Billie nor Lizzo will anything outside of BNA in the GF. I think RoTY will go to OTR and SoTY will be a surprise.

That would be awesome but Billie is campaigning like crazy. So many interviews, performances, appearances, she’s so thirsty and that’s why (also the biggest album and a huge hit) I think she’ll win a lot of Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

To borrow from Gucci, even Stevie Wonder can see that Someone You Loved missed Pop Solo because it blew up several weeks AFTER the voting period had already concluded.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

H.E.R. received so much unexpected love this year that I think she can take home this win. I mean the song was a minor hit at best, but voters loved it so much when she performed it at last year’s Grammys that they nominated it for top awards this year. They might want to give her something major… or not. It’s hard to tell, but don’t be surprised if it happens.

H.E.R.’s advantage is that many, if not most, Grammy voters are already familiar with the song since she performed it at last year’s show and knocked it out of the park.

Her disadvantage, however, is that “Hard Place” missed a Pop Solo Performance nomination, and unlike “Someone You Loved,” it had nearly a whole year to resonate.

I think she’s ahead of Tanya Tucker and Lana Del Rey who are total longshots, but she’s not ahead of the three #1 hits, Taylor Swift’s current single from her well-received album, or Lady Gaga’s song from the biggest album of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Tanya Tucker will have the country the vote though, unless they choose to support another song like Always Remember Us This Way, which has two country-nominated songwriters (one being nominated in country this year as well).

But I think considering Tanya has 3 nominations in country this year, she’ll probably enjoy a decent portion of the country vote.

I don’t think TS will get any country vote. She was completely snubbed there despite the fact she collaborated with Dixie Chicks on that song.

ReplyCopy URL
    CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

H.E.R.’s advantage is that many, if not most, Grammy voters are already familiar with the song since she performed it at last year’s show and knocked it out of the park. Her disadvantage, however, is that “Hard Place” missed a Pop Solo Performance nomination, and unlike “Someone You Loved,” it had nearly a whole year to resonate. I think she’s ahead of Tanya Tucker and Lana Del Rey who are total longshots, but she’s not ahead of the three #1 hits, Taylor Swift’s current single from her well-received album, or Lady Gaga’s song from the biggest album of the year.

Taylor, Lizoo and Billie are the only ones with a chance. Lewis, Gaga, H.E.R. and Norman Rockwell missed Pop Solo.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Tanya will definitely get the country votes over the Gaga and Taylor songs. I don’t see how anyone would think otherwise.

Taylor lost in the Country field when she was supposed to win, and Gaga’s never touched the country field for us to know if they would vote for.

“Bring My Flowers Now” is the real darkhorse.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Tanya will definitely get the country votes over the Gaga and Taylor songs. I don’t see how anyone would think otherwise. Taylor lost in the Country field when she was supposed to win, and Gaga’s never touched the country field for us to know if they would vote for. “Bring My Flowers Now” is the real darkhorse.

It would be Hilary Lindsey that would be getting the country votes, not Gaga. Still, “Flowers” would likely get more of their votes.

I don’t think “Flowers” has a shot at all. The country vote alone has never been big enough to propel a country song to win unless it had crossover success (in which it also received a lot of pop votes)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Mr Brightside.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Mr Brightside.
    ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

It would be Hilary Lindsey that would be getting the country votes, not Gaga. Still, “Flowers” would likely get more of their votes.

I don’t think “Flowers” has a shot at all. The country vote alone has never been big enough to propel a country song to win unless it had crossover success (in which it also received a lot of pop votes)

What about “Not Ready to Make Nice” ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

What about “Not Ready to Make Nice” ?

That is the exception in which basically the whole music industry rallied around them and their narrative.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Tanya will definitely get the country votes over the Gaga and Taylor songs. I don’t see how anyone would think otherwise.

This is a songwriting category, there’s a two time country song category winner on the ballot (who’s also nominated again this year) and another former country nominee, hence why I said it may get some of the country vote, but it’ll split it with Tanya for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana’s songwriting is similar to Liz Phair. Some of you might not know her but she was big in 90’s alternative. Then she fell off in 2000’s, especially after her self-titled album. Back to topic, she mostly making songs about sex and love, explicitly. Lana is most definitely influenced by her. ” My pussy tastes like Pepsi ” or ” You fucked me so good, i almost said i love you” is some of the examples.

This comment is kinda overlooked yesterday. I’m open for a debate, Lana fans.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I can see Taylor winning this as a “consolation prize”. She’s been getting a lot of buzz from the whole Scooter Braun crap as well as the artist of the decade thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    fatma667
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually think Tanya Tucker has a great shot for SOTY and here’s why:

-she has the country vote and has the older voting members vote.
    -Grammy darling Brandi Carlile wrote the song with Tanya and Brandi is hot right now. She just sang a huge Joni Mitchell concert, worked with Elton John, Sheryl Crow, Dolly Parton and a ton of other influential artists. They will all vote for her over the new artists. She also has Shooter Jennings who has the rock connections.
    -Tanya has been in the music industry for 45 years, she will have lots of industry people who know her and vote for her
    -Tanya hasn’t won a Grammy and is a legend so she has that factor
    -The lyrics are relatable and not controversial and if you listen to the song it’s memorable and makes a lot of people cry

I think Record and Album are split between Billie and Lizzo and SOTY goes to an established singer like Tanya (and Brandi).

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  fatma667.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  fatma667.
    ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ May Tanya clean house! (big smile)

God bless you and Miss T always!!!

Holly (a fan of her since 1991)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 351 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.