Home Forums Music WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020

WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 351 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
ELIAS
ayanami
WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020
ALWAYS REMEMBER US THIS WAY (Lady GaGa)
BAD GUY (Billie Eilish)
BRING MY FLOWERS NOW (Tanya Tucker)
HARD PLACE (H.E.R.)
LOVER (Taylor Swift)
NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL (Lana Del Rey)
SOMEONE YOU LOVED (Lewis Capaldi)
TRUTH HURTS (Lizzo)
  • thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Miss Tanya probably sweeping the country field but i don’t know about her GF nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Tanya Tucker may also benefit from the Americana vote with Brandi Carlile writing her song. (Lori McKenna co-wrote Gaga’s as well, but Brandi is on a real hot streak career-wise right now.)

Now that you think about it, it really may not be that far-fetched of a winner after all.

I still think “Norman Fucking Rockwell” is a massive longshot to win, even though it’s ironically the only song here written by a past category winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

Norman fucking Rockwell (the song) was never in the table for a nomination, her submissions seemed like suicide, but she got into SOTY. I think she has a chance to win it, if she releases it as a single and does an actual non-Chuck video, but we all know this is not happening so there’s no chance she’s taking it home.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Norman fucking Rockwell (the song) was never in the table for a nomination, her submissions seemed like suicide, but she got into SOTY. I think she has a chance to win it, if she releases it as a single and does an actual non-Chuck video, but we all know this is not happening so there’s no chance she’s taking it home.

lol that song is not winning. I love me some Lana. But sadly she won’t be going home with a Grammy next month.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pulling for Taylor. Thanks for the person who pointed out that Taylor made Pop Solo before Lana, HER, Lewis Capaldi, and Lady Gaga. The only problem is Billie and Lizzo. If Taylor can get top 5 before the end of this year, I’m rooting for a win. Her Billboard numbers for Lover are rising.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

“Lover” has a chance, especially since Taylor is the sole songwriter and could stick out in this writer-heavy song list. Plus, she has the industry on her side with the whole masters controversy.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor has Cats behind her as well. Expect her to win at least 2 key categories.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor has Cats behind her as well.

I wouldn’t say that’s a good thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    rue
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say that’s a good thing.

yeah, cats won’t be the thing that helps her. however, she does have plenty of factors behind her. she’s considered overdue in this category with this being her 4th nomination. the song was acclaimed. it’s the title track. she has a lot of public support because of the scooter thing. the song has been pushed a lot as well, with remixes and performances. it also has tinges of country which could regain her goodwill with those voters (though most will still vote for tanya). she also has more pop support than we imagined with yntcd, universally considered pretty bad and not a huge hit, making it into pop solo

I still have her at 3rd here, but I also think we shouldn’t count her out

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  rue.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  rue.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Nobody considers Taylor overdue for SOTY. Considering she’s won AOTY twice, a lot of people may even assume she’s already won SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor has Cats behind her as well. Expect her to win at least 2 key categories.

She’s only nominated for one “key” category. The other two are in the pop field, which she won’t win.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I think Taylor’s been getting a lot of buzz at the right time and she sort of overperformed this year at other awards show and even at the Grammy’s. Some expected her to get a single Pop Vocal Album nomination. She only missed in AoTY, which we knew was not gonna happen even if it’s 1989 again. RoTY was way too competitive.

I think she’s a serious contender for SoTY, but I don’t know if she’ll win it. This category is really up in the air. And it may be the first year we actually see the full effect of the 8 nominee lineup, and how a nominee with little support can pull through because of how divided the vote is (could be Tanya Tucker or another nominee).

ReplyCopy URL
    Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

Cats will be a non-factor.  “Lover” needed to be a bigger (top 5) hit in order to win this category.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor will be the undeniable winner of song of the year Grammy! She is campaigning her ass off. She is everywhere. The song is climbing the charts at the right time and she is the sole songwriter nominated for “lover”. The album was a hit and “Lover” is the type of ballad that voters love.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ladies and Gentlemen: our winner of SoTY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA8aLDtNH28

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 351 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.