Home Forums Music WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020

WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 351 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
ELIAS
ayanami
WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020
ALWAYS REMEMBER US THIS WAY (Lady GaGa)
BAD GUY (Billie Eilish)
BRING MY FLOWERS NOW (Tanya Tucker)
HARD PLACE (H.E.R.)
LOVER (Taylor Swift)
NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL (Lana Del Rey)
SOMEONE YOU LOVED (Lewis Capaldi)
TRUTH HURTS (Lizzo)
  • rue
    Participant
    Topics:

I think this comes down to Billie, Lizzo and Taylor as an upset. Billie and Lizzo for obvious reasons, but Taylor has a lot of factors in her favor. She has greater pop support than expected with her surprise BPSP nod. The song also appeals to a country base, more than anything aside from Tanya and maybe Gaga. Taylor has a lot of goodwill going on with the Scooter situation. Plus, there has been plenty of remixes, promo and radio increases. I think Billie and Lizzo are pretty even as front runners but I wouldn’t count Taylor out yet

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  rue.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  rue.
    ReplyCopy URL
    mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

NME just called “You fucked me so good that I almost said I loved you” the best opening line of the decade.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

He is in a unique situation, no doubt, but yet again he only has 1 nomination. That is not going to help him since he going against other number one hits within Lizzo and Billie that have more weeks number one as well as more nominations and better album sales. The whole discussion this year is are you more a Billie person or a Lizzo person. The world will find out come January. Personally I do like the Songwriting on Truth Hurts a bit more, so I am rooting for it in Song, but Billie has the best production on the nominees, so therefore, I have it neck in neck with Old Town Road in ROTY.

Well he only has the one nomination because of the unique situation which was my point. The question is, are the voters who didn’t vote for him during round one going to change their votes because of the current success?

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

“Blank Space” was so obviously not winning Song of the Year against “Thinking Out Loud.”

And likewise, “Lover” is not going to win Song of the Year against “Bad Guy” and “Someone You Loved.”

lover is easily in top three above someone you loved. That kid is new, it’s his only nomination and that song is trash. I’d say song of the year is like this:
    1. Billie
    2. Tanya
    3. Taylor

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Well he only has the one nomination because of the unique situation which was my point. The question is, are the voters who didn’t vote for him during round one going to change their votes because of the current success?

He has one nomination because he was not in Pop Solo which, should, by defacto, should have been a SLAM DUNK for Capaldi, yet he still didn’t even get that. He should have at least had the nomination in the bag. I really don’t think either he will win. There are fascinating artists on this catagory. Like for example, The Middle last year surge all the way to #2, yet lost to This is America. It songwriting is mediocre as Lewis. But there are far bigger artist that went number one this year in regards to winning this award. People are saying Lizzo or Billie or maybe Taylor as an upset. But mainly Lizzo and Billie are well liked as shown in their nominations rather than Lewis. Plus I would be the most boring SOTY winner ever, probably the worst on the list, yet people are hoping it to win. I really don’t get that.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

Is SOTY more about the lyrics/songwriters or popularity? Or both??

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift will win the Grammy Award for Song of the Year. Lover is the best song in this category.

Stan I think not, Norman Fucking Rockwell is the best. I think Taylor song is good and should win because it’s atrocious that the biggest songwriters of our generation has not won a songwriting Grammy but I digress. 1. It’s between Billie and Lizzo and 2. Stop being a stan and be realistic.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift will win the Grammy Award for Song of the Year. Lover is the best song in this category.

I wouldn’t mind a win for TS because she is a good songwriter.

But Lover isn’t her best example of songwriting. I much prefer Cornelia Street in that album for example.

And there are 3 other contenders that I consider better than Lover. The latter is a very typical “love” ballad with no standout/memorable lyric really.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

This is the hardest category in the GF to predict this year. Very strong possibility of an upset. I am predicting Truth Hurts but idk if there is any front runner here at all. I can see any of them winning especially if there’s some sort of vote split.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

SOTY is songwriting and composition. We use popularity as defacto since all of the winners have been top 5 songs on billboard

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s to reward songwriting (lyrics + music) just like AOTY is to reward the best album and Pop solo for the vocal performance. But quality is subjective and voters take into account many things (likability, exposure, narrative)

ReplyCopy URL
    mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

Excuse me? I’m not a stan. You said it by your self. Taylor Swift is the best songwriter of this generation. Taylor Swift was nominated for a reason. The reason she is indicated is to honor her legacy. She is winning the Grammy Award for Song of the Year.

Biggest doesn’t equate best.

ReplyCopy URL
    CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

SOTY is mostly about popularity. Usually whoever wins Soty will win Roty, but they sometimes snub some songs (that could win both) in Soty like Uptown Funk, Get Lucky, Somebody That I Used To Know. It’s almost impossible for one song to win Soty but lose Roty to another song if both songs are in Soty in Roty.

ReplyCopy URL
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

This pposter is saketfedex/brittanymiles third account. He is back to troll

ReplyCopy URL
    CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is the best songwriter of this generation but she’s not winning Soty for “Lover”.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 351 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.