Home Forums Music WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020

WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 351 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
ELIAS
ayanami
WINNER PREDICTIONS – Song of the Year 2020
ALWAYS REMEMBER US THIS WAY (Lady GaGa)
BAD GUY (Billie Eilish)
BRING MY FLOWERS NOW (Tanya Tucker)
HARD PLACE (H.E.R.)
LOVER (Taylor Swift)
NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL (Lana Del Rey)
SOMEONE YOU LOVED (Lewis Capaldi)
TRUTH HURTS (Lizzo)
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

We could leave the Christmas lights up ’til January
    This is our place, we make the rules

I find this line so dumb. Like who the fuck takes their Christmas lights off before January?

ReplyCopy URL
    rue
    Participant
    Topics:

I find this line so dumb. Like who the fuck takes their Christmas lights off before January?

exactly, she could have said february, it’s the same number of syllables and would have made an actual point. I still love the song but god… that bugs me so much

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Why not? Lover is the best song in the category. Its indication results in a win.

Norman Fucking Rockwell is the best written song here with Taylor following second. But your delusional to think that Taylor would win with not a top 10 hit. Taylor chances are slim. She wasn’t even nominated for AOTY over Lil Nas X, and EP! A good song from Taylor does not mean she is going to win.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Wrong. Lover is best song here. Norman Fucking Rockwell is overrated. Lana Del Ray is also overrated. She is a good songwriter because Taylor Swift said so in the interview. 

Ahaha that’s stan talking right there! Ahaha you’re are dismissed! Think that a great songwriter because someone said so is so silly and delusional. That opening lines on Norman Fucking Rockwell is amazing. Something I never heard ever. It’s about poetics and artists in general blaming the society they where the introspectiveness has become snobby and irritatable.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

WTF does “We could leave the Christmas lights up ’til January/This is our place, we make the rules” make a mastery of songwriting. People can’t read insight jokes between or leave it for interpretation because the lyrics are too vague or nothing theres that’s pathetic. I mean the chorus gets better. Imagery of what too? And what does the Christmas lights have to do with the overarching song theme? 😂😂😂

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana’s songwriting is similar to Liz Phair. Some of you might not know her but she was big in 90’s alternative. Then she fell off in 2000’s, especially after her self-titled album. Back to topic, she mostly making songs about sex and love, explicitly. Lana is most definitely influenced by her. ” My pussy tastes like Pepsi ” or ” You fucked me so good, i almost said i love you” is some of the examples.

ReplyCopy URL
    mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

Norman fucking Rockwell is the best song out

of the category.

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Stans really wilding out here thinking Lover is the best song out of the bunch…..

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Its exposition set up. “Your poetry’s bad and you blame the news. But I can’t change that, and I can’t change your mood, ah” This is just nonsense. What the fuck is she talking about? Lana fans think that vague shit is “art” yet its just pretentious.

I think this Genius article explains it vividly:

Current events often serve as reference or inspiration for art, and the person Lana’s talking about is blaming that for their poor work.

The way the line is framed indicates that the blame being placed is through a lens of narcissism- that it is not the writers fault for being uninspired by the media, but the media’s fault for not being inspiring.

The irony is, not only have a number of brilliant and impactful works been created in response to recent tragedies, but art does not necessitate inspiration from the news. There is no reason one cannot create good poetry without the news, that’s just an excuse.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    HawkWD
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Taylor Swift and Lover but oh my god swifties are some of the most obnoxious stans out there! You don’t have to sh!t on everyone else’s songs to try and elevate Taylor’s. So pathetic.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyways, I’ve warmed up to hard place, I think it deserves it place here, just not in ROTY or AOTY. Just a personal preference.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Taylor Swift and Lover but oh my god swifties are some of the most obnoxious stans out there! You don’t have to sh!t on everyone else’s songs to try and elevate Taylor’s. So pathetic.

Preach!

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    rue
    Participant
    Topics:

can we stop arguing with the taylor stan please. I think we all know it’s pointless. Lover is a great song and is well written. Im pulling for Taylor to win here because I think she deserves it as she’s an incredible and deserving songwriter and that Lover is a good song as well. However, NFR is a great song but it won’t win though.

ReplyCopy URL
    rue
    Participant
    Topics:

this! I really like Taylor but her stans can be the worst sometimes. They just make her and everyone else who likes her look bad

ReplyCopy URL
    ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

Lover is one of the mediocre, basic ballads the BRP crammed into this lineup, along with Someone You Loved. Sorry Swifties, but it’s true. Always Remember Us This Way, Norman F***ing Rockwell and Hard Place are all much better songs than Lover.

Re: Lana overrated, Taylor greatest songwriter.
    Taylor is a good lyricist, but as a SONGwriter, she falls flat melodically. Her songs are basic in composition. Her strength as an artist has always been in lyrics and lyrics only. Whereas Lana utilises unique chord progressions and harmony lines, Taylor’s songs lacks harmony; Taylor utilises one-note melodies consistently throughout her career. This is an area she has never grown out of. Blank Space is the best example. 10 years into her career, it’s one of the most celebrated songs by her stans (due to its lyrics). But its melody is actually very basic. Max Martin’s production is what saved the song and made it interesting.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 351 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.