1. Emily Watson, Breaking The Waves (an incredible performance. Heartbreaking and stunning portrayal about love, loss and faith in humanity. A masterclass of acting).
2. Brenda Blethyn, Secret & Lies (A realistic and heartbreaking portrayal of real woman, whose life full of sadness, regret and pain. That ‘she’s medaughter’ confession was so difficult to watch as it is heartbreaking).
3. Diane Keaton, Marvin’s Room (A fine performance. That ‘i’ve been so lucky to be able to love some so much’ monologue was very well done. But sometimes, she’s very stiff too calculated).
4. Kristin Scott Thomas, The English Patient (A beautiful supporting performance in a beautiful picture. I think she had a better chance to shine in supporting actress categories).
5. Frances McDormand, Fargo (i think i’m one of few people that were unimpressed with this performance. This performance was fine and funny. I like her performance. But a win was too much).