Home Forums Polls! Best Supporting Actress 2003

Best Supporting Actress 2003

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
ConMan
Laactingnyc
Kyle Bailey
  • Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I went with Aghdashloo. She and Hunter gave the two perfs which didnt annoy me in some way. Zellweger was ok, but her Clampett twang bugged me. Clarkson was wonderful in moments, but was not entirely believable for me.

Harden’s neurotic performance is like a forerunner to her “The Mist” schtick. I wanted to smack her upside the head quite frankly.I preferred Laura Linny by a wide margin, despite her limited screentime.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JayDF
    Topics:

Hunter & Aghdashloo are far ahead of everyone else IMO.  Zellweger’s win, too me, seems like an apology for two lead losses in a row.  Not that I think she deserved to win for either of the leading noms, but she was soooooooooo much better in both of them.

1. Holly Hunter, THIRTEEN
    2. Shohreh Aghdashloo, HOUSE OF SAND AND FOG

3. Patricia Clarkson, PIECES OF APRIL
    4. Marcia Gay Harden, MYSTIC RIVER
    5. Renee Zellweger, COLD MOUNTAIN 

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

There isn’t a bad performance here. I don’t even hate Zellweger….having said that, I am not a huge fan of all of them though.

I didn’t really get the nomination for Marcia Gay Harden. With this nomination and her previous nom/win for Pollock, she seems to be good at getting Oscar nominations for performances that get very little precursor attention. I thought she was fine in the role but ultimately forgettable. If they wanted to nominate a female from Mystic River, I think I would have given a nod to Laura Linney instead.

Renee Zellweger was a pure ham, and sure the role called for it. I think she did fine with it, but I think had she won for Chicago she would’ve lost here…and yet she STILL won Globe, SAG, BAFTA for it after winning the Globe and SAG for Chicago the year before. 

I think you can make a stronger case for Patricia Clarkson, Holly Hunter, and Shohreh Aghdashloo. All did wonderful in their films but in the end, my vote goes to Shohreh Aghdashloo for a great performance in a fairly underrated film. Her along with Ben Kingsley and Jennifer Connelly (who was much better in this than in A Beautiful Mind) were a great trio and despite not having seen the film in almost 11 years, I still clearly remember how impressed I was with her.

I agree that Mario Bello was robbed of a nomination.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nawaha86
    Topics:

from this line up i went with Holly Hunter….though i feel this was a weak year and the more i look over who missed out the that salidifies in my mind…..my 5 noms wouldve been:

• Holly Hunter–Thirteen
    • Laura Linney–Mystic River
    • Shohreh Aghdashloo–The House of Sand and Fog
    • Maria Bello–The Cooler
    • Renee Zellweger–Cold Mountain or Christina Ricci–Monster
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KyleBailey
    Topics:

I just watched Thirteen last night and I loved Hunter in this. This year actually was a pretty strong year in my eye. I’m one of the few that loved Renee Zellweger in Cold Mountain, Marcia Gay Harden was wonderful in Mystic River, Patricia Clarkson was terrific in Pieces of April, and Holly Hunter was awesome in Thirteen. I haven’t seen House of Sand and Fog yet but I felt this was a strong year. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Shohreh Aghdashloo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Clarkson
    Hunter
    Aghdashloo
    Harden
    Zellweger

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.