Home Forums Polls! Emmys 2019 Who Would You Choose : Best S.Actor in a Drama Series

Emmys 2019 Who Would You Choose : Best S.Actor in a Drama Series

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
boss
Pulp
Emmys 2019 Who Would You Choose : Best S.Actor in a Drama Series
Alfie Allen, Game of Thrones
15 votes (28.30%)
Jonathan Banks, Better Call Saul
8 votes (15.09%)
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Game of Thrones
5 votes (9.43%)
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
19 votes (35.85%)
Giancarlo Esposito, Better Call Saul
3 votes (5.66%)
Michael Kelly, House of Cards
2 votes (3.77%)
Chris Sullivan, This is Us
1 votes (1.89%)
  • wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Will Tyrion prevail over the rest of Westeros? Or will Doug’s last breath make an impact?

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Uh, none?  Peter Dinklage obviously had the most material, but it was also stupid material and he has won too many times.  I liked Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in “The Bells”, but it was not win-worthy. A win last year would have been okay, since he was snubbed previously when he should have been nominated and had a better season than Dinklage, but he has two nominations at this point and should not be winning for this season, so I cannot really support him.  Jonathan Banks is kind of a ridiculous nomination, but he should have won for Breaking Bad.  I actually never would have awarded him for Better Call Saul.  I suppose that Giancarlo Esposito is also owed a Breaking Bad win, but at no point has he deserved a nomination for Better Call Saul like Banks, plus he was only worthy that one time for Breaking Bad and I cannot begrudge who beat him. Voted Banks as most overdue. Alfie Allen winning the poll is interesting. He was good and was especially good in his parts of “The Long Night”, but at no point over the run of the show would I have nominated him.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Uh, none?

Exactly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, Dinklage gives the best performance, but if I was actually an emmy voter I couldn’t live with myself voting for him to win a 4th time, so I’d just abstain. This category is disgustingly awful. Where’s my Succession and Homecoming boys at? I’d vote for Cousin Greg way before any of the actual nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yeah, Succession should have gotten three nominations here before the academy stooped to nominating any of the actual nominees.  Bobby Cannavale has enough Emmys, but he is a reliable performer and Homecoming was no exception, plus he is weirdly overdue for another nomination at this point.  He also should have been here.  I would not have nominated Shea Whigham, but I could have gone for a career nomination.  Most of the actual nominees have been nominated before and the ones who were not did not need to break in.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, Dinklage gives the best performance, but if I was actually an emmy voter I couldn’t live with myself voting for him to win a 4th time, so I’d just abstain. This category is disgustingly awful. Where’s my Succession and Homecoming boys at? I’d vote for Cousin Greg way before any of the actual nominees.

Taste.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.