Home Forums Polls! WORST POST 2000 ACADEMY AWARDS HOST

WORST POST 2000 ACADEMY AWARDS HOST

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
babypook
Troy
GhostOrchid
  • Strong & Silent Type
    Participant
    Topics:

although macfarlane was so bad i vote for hathaway&franco.they were most boring hosts in history.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I give Anne credit for at least giving it her all, unlike her co host

ReplyCopy URL
    Troy
    Topics:

Hathaway and Franco.  Niether are particularly charasmatic in terms hosting abilities.  

ReplyCopy URL
    GhostOrchid
    Participant
    Topics:

I give Anne credit for at least giving it her all, unlike her co host

This.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

Really surprised by the results of this poll. Not the Hathaway/Franco landslide part, but the fact that someone voted for Crystal. Really? Maybe I’m crazy, but I think he’s in the discussion for the best.

ReplyCopy URL
    tonorlo
    Participant
    Topics:

Chris Rock… From the opening “Shut the h— up!”, I knew it was going to be a lo-o-o-ong night.

MacFarlane is absolutely in the team picture, though.

I didn’t think at the time or in retrospect that Hathaway and Franco were QUITE the trainwreck they were made out to be, though Hathaway definitely got points for being the gamer of the two. But playing devil’s advocate: I can’t imagine that Franco wanted to spend an Oscar night (on which he was a nominee, no less) trussed up as Marilyn Monroe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Anne Hathaway & James Franco

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

Really surprised by the results of this poll. Not the Hathaway/Franco landslide part, but the fact that someone voted for Crystal. Really? Maybe I’m crazy, but I think he’s in the discussion for the best.

I’m going to assume the vote was more for his work that decade than overall. If that’s the case, I’d be understanding of it. I actually really enjoyed his work in the 2003 show, but I have a hard time remembering much from his 2011 stint, possibly due to him being brought on (relatively) late to replace Eddie Murphy. That was definitely a case of the Academy playing things as safe as possible following the Franco/Hathaway reception. He wouldn’t get my vote for the worst, but in that time period, I’d say Martin, DeGeneres and Jackman were all stronger than him. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s definitely between Hathaway/Franco and Seth McFarlane. I’ll go with Hathaway/Franco. If I could vote for Franco alone, I’d do that. Hathaway gets an E for effort, I guess. McFarlane’s opening monologue was wretched (the “we saw your boobs” song should have banned him from future hosting gigs for life), but I’ll at least take McFarlane’s schtick over Franco’s stoned indifference. I’m glad to see that Chris Rock isn’t leading the poll like I thought he would. He gets far more crap slung at his hosting stint than he deserves.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kyle Bailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Chris Rock was flat out badddddd. At least Anne Hathaway was trying and their pretaped opening was hilarious and great. I just wish the hosted the Oscars the day they filmed that video. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

Obviously Franco is the worst by a country mile but Anne saved the day somewhat which gives my vote easily to McFarlane.

He presided over the worst Oscar show in recent memory and was toe curlingly awful.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.